First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I think they could have made the front end a little more different than the Maverick. Overall, not bad.

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
I think I like the front-end the most out of the Ford trucks, though the unibody style does make me wonder about the cost of a fender-bender.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Why couldn’t they integrate the vertical screen like that in the Lightning?

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150, FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Sales
I am sure it will be changed a little for the US-Markets. Hopefully they will keep the full front steel bumper. Seems like they are making it like the GM product - more plastic up front instead of what/how they promoted the ranger originally & the integrated rear-side bumper step( which is kind of cool ) 1 thing was cool too is the 4Auto ( added new feature ) like the F150.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Sharp. I was contemplating on waiting for the next gen./redesigned Ford Ranger instead of my F-150. Big leap forward, but I think I still made the right choice!!

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
The specs sound good, the body look gorgeous, the tail gate is perfect, the interior! Oh man that interior is fucking sexy!

However, that Maverick line through the middle makes the grill a little too unappealing.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
IMO, the front clip of the more base models has better styling than the upper models. But the higher end models still look pretty good.

I look forward to seeing the Raptor and perhaps Lightning versions.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
V6 diesel will be popular with Aussies. (90% of VW sales downunder are the v6 oiler …)
No hybrid, plug-in or electric … seems like this team at Ford didn't get the memo.
Easily the best cabin compared to competitors.
Matrix headlights are an impressive tech.
Good looking family "C Clamp" headlight front.
Just slap a Roo bar on 'her and let 'er rip, mate!
I wonder if Ford in the US will have the production line to make the Ranger in say 2023 with electric drivetrain options – surely that's a game changer to get a Ranger with plug-in and inverter with 7.2kW onboard power.

Last edited:

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Sharp. I was contemplating on waiting for the next gen./redesigned Ford Ranger instead of my F-150. Big leap forward, but I think I still made the right choice!!
Well, we're talking 2023 first deliveries so the F-150 is the only game in town for years to come, but the new Ranger certainly narrows the differences / benefits / advantages of the F-150.
Still no question if you want PowerBoost and 7.2kW or towing. I chose the F-150 Prius for those three advantages. If they make a Ranger Lightning, I think it will sell all they can build.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Well, we're talking 2023 first deliveries so the F-150 is the only game in town for years to come, but the new Ranger certainly narrows the differences / benefits / advantages of the F-150.
Still no question if you want PowerBoost and 7.2kW or towing. I chose the F-150 Prius for those three advantages. If they make a Ranger Lightning, I think it will sell all they can build.
Of course, not to mention the ordering and wait process ALL OVER AGAIN!!! I'm definitely happy with the F-150. The Ranger looks stellar, but you can tell the F-150 is really Ford's cash cow based off of all the features on it compared to other models.
Sponsored