2023 F-150 Summer Supercharged Sales Event Financing

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
I came across an article that mentioned ordering a 2023 F-150 (some other lineups as well) between August 5th (I believe) and before September 5th you would be able to lock in a rate of 2.9APR for 60 months. There were other financing offers for other months in the article but I only see 60 months on Fords website.
Would it be safe to assume if one ordered their truck between these dates, they would most likely qualify pending the credit is good? Here are the screenshots from Fords site:
Ford F-150 2023 F-150 Summer Supercharged Sales Event Financing 43FE17C7-ECB1-46ED-9262-45015820DFC9

Ford F-150 2023 F-150 Summer Supercharged Sales Event Financing E4A2709D-CEF8-4DBE-A0DB-33AF42F012D5

here is the most up to date article I have seen on more financing options mentioned :Ford Financing Incentive
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Just be aware that Ford Financing incentives may be 'regionalized' (not necessarily the same for all locations) and if you order from a dealer not in your region it's your address, not the dealer location, that determines what is available to you.

(You must provide your address when you place a retail order with a dealer and that's recorded by Ford with your order)

OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did read the regional stuff before. I called Ford customer relations and the person told me that by what I told them it would qualify but again they couldn’t really confirm. I find it pretty ridiculous you can’t get a straight answer when giving all of the relevant facts on something Ford is openly promoting.

The Ford rep told me the promotion would be for every dealership in the US. We will find out how true when it all comes down to taking delivery.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
I called Ford customer relations and the person told me that by what I told them it would qualify but again they couldn’t really confirm
You've certainly noted the statement "Not all buyers will qualify for Ford Credit Financing".

"Qualification" for financing is the process whereby the creditor determines that you have the financial wherewithal to pay the debt at specific terms. Very few if any automotive lenders will guarantee that you "qualify" for a particular loan (rate/terms) months in advance of the loan being issued - your financial situation could change in those intervening months (lose your job or incur another debt, for example).

The bottom line is that Ford Financing will not "guarantee / lock-in" specific loan terms for a particular buyer until they do a final credit-check just a few days before you are ready to actually execute the loan agreement (when you take possession of the vehicle).

Therefore it's wise of their representatives to not say anything that gives you the impression you will for-certain get a loan at a particular rate / terms months before you take delivery of the truck - they have no way of knowing that you will "qualify" for those terms when it comes time to issue the loan even if you are "eligible" for the offer.

IF you seek reassurance of "eligibility" for an offer, ask about "eligibility" while making it clear you are not asking if you will "qualify" for the loan - if they understand that you understand the difference between eligibility for the offer and qualifying for a loan under the terms of the offer, you may get the reassurance you seek.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I understand. I actually did ask if I would be eligible pending I qualified for the financing. The rep basically said based on the promotion and what I ordered “Yes” but then threw a “But” on that and said the dealership could give more information which unfortunately is not the case. The dealership couldn’t give any info, not even that this promotion was a thing or not.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
The dealership couldn’t [wouldn't] give any info, not even that this promotion was a thing or not.
Fixed that for you ....

IMO it's most likely that your dealership is just being lazy - their financing people certainly have access through some system to all the detailed terms and conditions for every Ford Credit incentive / offer.

Getting them to undertake the effort to find and present that to you is a different matter entirely.

IMO the phone-rep is being appropriately careful in referring you to your dealer since they do not have the actual complete documentation of your deal with the dealership in front of them (e.g. you might have signed a purchase agreement which assigns all incentives to the dealer, believe it or not that's sometimes done).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Braeden

Braeden

First Name
Braeden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for your insight! The dealership can be trusted and I did sign a paper with the ordered vehicle. Price is locked in. I also got the order confirmed email as well.
Sponsored