2023 Ecoboost Platinum - Looking for a better ride quality

BBobJ

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Ecoboost
I drive on mostly pavement and occasionally a fire road, rarely have anything in my truck bed over 400lbs and don't see myself towing more than 3,000 pounds (a trailer with 2 motorcycles).

A few questions on upgrading my suspension:

I'm leaning towards Fox 2.0 Coilovers. Would these and a rear sway help get rid of the bouncing after finding a pothole, rear wheel hop and body roll? Or would the Fox 3.0 be better for my type of driving?

I'd like to lower the front 1" and the rear 3". Is there anything I should get or replace while doing this?
Sponsored

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
Ford Performance sells a lowering kit that's close to what your looking for: front 1.3" & back 2.5". Not sure what your options are for sway bars and shocks after your lower it but I'm a big fan of Bilstein and the Ford Performance Bilstein leveling kit with Steeda sway bar.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
It's typically the light rear end that causes the issue. A rear adjustable shock that can be turned down to soften its rebound would be a start, combined with a sway bar. An individual's opinion on what a good ride quality is, is rather subjective. There's no right answer that will make your opinion of your ride quality become "good". Don't be afraid to experiment with additional weight in the back of the bed. One of the cheapest means of experimenting with additional mass is bags of cement.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
To greatly reduce wheel hop add a anti-sway bar at the rear wheels. This should be factory stock but it is not being provided by Ford. I added one to my 1-ton truck and the reduction in wheel hop with the bed empty was dramatic.

Anti-sway bars will transmit the impact at one wheel to the opposite wheel which is a negative for a sports car but a definite positive for a pickup truck. All that what we Americans call a shock absorber does is dampen the motion of the springs (the Brits more accurately refer to them as dampeners). Unfortunately most people change out the shocks and then are disappointed when it does not fix the problem that was misdiagnosed.
Sponsored