First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Newbie here... I'm actually a die-hard Mopar man switching to the dark side. Just ordered a 2022 XL Standard Cab Short Box in Flame Red. Only options I got on it were 101A, 2.7L V6, carpeting, Chrome appearance and Auto Stop/Start delete.

Question is.. is factory remote start available for the XL's? I don't want a hack/whack remote start setup places sell, All I need is for dealer to say "remote start fried the tallight harness, that'll be $1500 please". I saw another post where someone ordered it but the salesman could not find it anywhere on the order pages, nor did it appear as part of any other package. I saw an accessory as part of the Perimter Plus Security System, is that the remote start that needs to be added, and do the extra key fobs need to be ordered?

Thanks in advance.. it'll be nice to play with a new vehicle where can actually see what the computer is doing/set to.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I believe, and someone can correct me if I’m wrong, that you cannot have it on the key fob, but you will have it on the Ford Pass app. (My buddy has a 2020 XL STX and he can remote start on Ford Pass)

OP
OP
67440dodge

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I believe, and someone can correct me if I’m wrong, that you cannot have it on the key fob, but you will have it on the Ford Pass app. (My buddy has a 2020 XL STX and he can remote start on Ford Pass)
Thanks! I saw on the Ford Accessories Site they sell a Key fob for the 2021 but wasn't sure if that's what I needed, or I had to buy the other thing (or both).

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
I agree, I heard that too.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
I have an low XTL, this is correct.

Thanks! I saw on the Ford Accessories Site they sell a Key fob for the 2021 but wasn't sure if that's what I needed, or I had to buy the other thing (or both).
I tired this when I got my XLT. Your truck will come with a key not a push button/fob. Unfortunately, it's not compatible with the 'key.'

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I ordered the remote start on my mid 301a XLT as a stand alone option.
$195 option.
Im glad I did.
The remote start on the FordPass app is quite slow at responding.
It is nice for starting the truck for cooling and heating from within the building I work in——too far for the remote in my key/fob will reach.

22XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT
New here too. Nice to see someone else with a reg cab. I ordered a 22 XLT Standard Cab Short Box in antimatter blue w/ grey on 10/9!

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
New here too. Nice to see someone else with a reg cab. I ordered a 22 XLT Standard Cab Short Box in antimatter blue w/ grey on 10/9!
I'm a member of the ordered a regular cab shortbed too! Also in Illinois. Although I didn't order mine till 10-28. Will have to see how far apart they will be built depending on options.

Where are you at in the state? West central here.

22XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT
I'm a member of the ordered a regular cab shortbed too! Also in Illinois. Although I didn't order mine till 10-28. Will have to see how far apart they will be built depending on options.

Where are you at in the state? West central here.
Far West burbs of Chicago.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I've been fine with only using the FordPass remote start from either my tablet or phone on my XLT, sometimes it does take a little longer because I am using it wrong. As it requires a long press and hold, I don't use it often and the first time I usually tap it. It is crazy to think that it's not using a direct radio signal but bouncing around the internet.

Does anyone know if FordPass remote start and tracking is available on the 100A standard?

Hopefully, with Ford encouraging more customer orders, regular cab trucks will be more common on the road again! They're always talking about how the crew cab short beds are the most common configuration. The only problem, is that's usually all that the dealership lots have. So naturally they are going to sell more.

My dealership had exactly one short bed regular cab out of close to a hundred trucks and it was a black 2.7 with RWD, it was pretty sharp and surprisingly comfortable both on side roads and the highway. You will definitely enjoy your new truck, hopefully they can build it soon!

Sponsored

OP
OP
67440dodge

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It's time for the Standard Cabs to take back the pickup world!!!

Anyone remember when a crew cab, much less 4 full doors was an oddity rather than the norm?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Anyone remember when a crew cab, much less 4 full doors was an oddity rather than the norm?
Exactly! They used to be like one of those two headed calves that get reported on during slow news days.

About the only time I would see them was on highway road crews. Pretty much every crew cab was a basic truck with bench seats front and rear.

Then after the Lincoln Blackwood, silly priced crew cabs pretty much took over.

OP
OP
67440dodge

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Then after the Lincoln Blackwood, silly priced crew cabs pretty much took over.
And when you talk to a salesman about looking for a standard cab, they give you a look like you are a two headed calf!

ThinblueF-150

First Name
Silas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 stx
Occupation
Sheriff deputy
Just ordered my 2022 XL with the new black out package even the dealer didn’t know what the wheels look like so here’s to waiting!

OP
OP
67440dodge

67440dodge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Lets hope it don't delay your order like others were told on here!
Sponsored