Sponsored

2022 without Bed Utility Package Box Link Options?

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Ford Genuine HL3Z-99000A64-A Bed Cleat, 1 Pack https://a.co/d/ekoT2pG

I ordered this, comes with 4.
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Ford Genuine HL3Z-99000A64-A Bed Cleat, 1 Pack https://a.co/d/ekoT2pG

I ordered this, comes with 4.
Apparently a lot who get the Bed Use Package don't use it because the cleats are all over Ebay. I offered $25 shipped and the seller accepted, still in the blister packaging. Maybe it's a Lariat thing but even though I didn't get the Bed Utility Package/Tailgate Step/Light....my truck had the metal plates installed.
Ford F-150 2022 without Bed Utility Package Box Link Options? Screenshot 2022-07-01 075301

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502a PB
Just wondering if you found a solution here. I'm In the same boat and going to pick up my truck next week. Ordered in December when this stuff was included. Argh. I really need the locking cleats asap and was planning on just ordering a battery operated bed light.
Thanks
It showed up with bed and zone lighting and the metal plates for box link but no cleats. There seems to be a knockoff cleat readily available on Amazon etc that have similar specs to OEM for cheap but but I haven't looked into it too much since the 4 built in tie down points have proven adequate so far.

Jay-UMN

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat PB, 22 Forester Touring
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Interesting. I took delivery of my Lariat in June and didn't get box lights, box link, or the cleats.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 502a PB
Interesting. I took delivery of my Lariat in June and didn't get box lights, box link, or the cleats.
Mine was mid June but I had a vin and window sticker back in early January.

It has every option except sunroof and power tailgate/bed package.

Sponsored

Jay-UMN

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat PB, 22 Forester Touring
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The annoying part to me is the website still advertises led box lights as standard on lariats in several locations. I didn't expect the box link system when I ordered but I was expecting the bed lights.

Spidergears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’m looking to add Boxlink to my bed as well.

Does anybody know if the mounting plate is steel or aluminum? Can somebody who has boxlink from the factory see if a magnet sticks? All the aftermarket options like this seem to use steel.

I’m no expert, but the dissimilar metals corroding could be a problem. I guess the paint would help, but then you have the mounting screws.

I could just be worrying about nothing….

mazeppa

First Name
Y = X/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL F150 2.7 4x4 RCLB
I’m looking to add Boxlink to my bed as well.

Does anybody know if the mounting plate is steel or aluminum? Can somebody who has boxlink from the factory see if a magnet sticks? All the aftermarket options like this seem to use steel.

I’m no expert, but the dissimilar metals corroding could be a problem. I guess the paint would help, but then you have the mounting screws.

I could just be worrying about nothing….
I installed Ford OEM BoxLink tie-down plates # FL3Z-9928408-AB on my F150 and it is steel, just checked with a magnet. Used a metric M6x1.0 tap for the screw holes instead of relying on the self-tapping provided screws, torqued the screws to 106 lb*in with Blue Loctite applied.

Also, E-Track accessories will work on the Boxlink mounting plates.

Helbros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT Super Crew Powerboost
I just got my 22 XLT 302A Powerboost w/o the bed utility package. It came with the metal brackets screwed in but no attachable cleats.

Spidergears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I installed Ford OEM BoxLink tie-down plates # FL3Z-9928408-AB on my F150 and it is steel, just checked with a magnet. Used a metric M6x1.0 tap for the screw holes instead of relying on the self-tapping provided screws, torqued the screws to 106 lb*in with Blue Loctite applied.

Also, E-Track accessories will work on the Boxlink mounting plates.
The ETrack is interesting and i wonder if it’s a better use than the cleats. I have seen that the etrack fits loose. I’m wondering if this would be a better option as a mount point.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/cargo-tie-downs/e-track/e-track-mounting-plate-56750.html

Throw some flat black paint and mount it up.

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
Y = X/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL F150 2.7 4x4 RCLB
The ETrack is interesting and i wonder if it’s a better use than the cleats. I have seen that the etrack fits loose. I’m wondering if this would be a better option as a mount point.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/cargo-tie-downs/e-track/e-track-mounting-plate-56750.html

Throw some flat black paint and mount it up.
I looked at those, but the vertical mounting holes in the Boxlink mounting plates are too tall for the shorter e-track mounting plate to fasten to a F150 bed walls using all four mounting screws. The width is about the same between the two plates.

Although I am using these in my Boxlink mounting plates for bed wall tie down points.
https://www.harborfreight.com/e-track-ring-66728.html

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
No threads? Everyone should have a good set of basic hand tools, including a tap and die set. No threads or messed up threads should not be an issue. If you don't have the tool then go out a buy them.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
I almost did the same thing and did not get the Bed Utility Package at first. I was thinking the tailgate step just came with the Lariat but luckily Chip at Granger told me that it was changed for 2022. I needed that bed package to get the step and a number of other bed options.

I would have been totally bummed if I did not get that step. Good luck hunting.
And I paid the ridiculous price for just wanting the bed lights! Too fat for the step.

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
If I'm going to put in the lights/mounts etc aftermarket would I be better off doing before or after the line-x spary in?
Sponsored