Sponsored

2022 Tundra

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Autoblog compares hybrid trucks

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/10/12/2022-toyota-tundra-vs-ford-f150-hybrid-comparison-specs/

In summary: Ford wins but Toyota loyalists should be happy.
If I'm being honest, some dude who's writing a whole blog about 2 columns on a spreadsheet isn't really what I'd call a great review, seeing as that's something literally everyone on this forum (including me) has done. I'm waiting on someone to do a side by side comparison who's spent some time in both pickups.

Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
After two lemon Ford trucks in a row, I went Tundra, and I have only had a battery and brakes replaced in 12 years driving my Tundra. Had they released the new Tundra in 2021, I might be driving one now, but Toyota kept postponing the new Tundra year after year, and I got tired of driving 2007 technology, while waiting for the new Tundra, so I bought a 2021 F150. I am just hoping that my F150 is as reliable as my Toyota vehicles were. To be honest, I am not impressed with the Tundra styling, but reliability is more important to me than styling.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Still no official release from Toyota but this guys is excellent in terms of knowledge on what we might see. He's got legit credentials, and seems to the the one on the ball in regards to Tundra info. Still waiting to see one in person considering my truck order probably wont see the light of being built.

I had a 2008 Toyota Tundra and sold it to get the F150 xlt I just received 6/7 months later than the March 2021 date. I love my F150 and it is so comfortable and man, can it fly! My Tundra was an SR5 8 cylinder and I thought that was powerful until I got this 3.5 ecoboost. I always liked my Tundra until the whole chassis rotted out and brought it in for an oil change and they wouldn't let me take it home because it was too dangerous. They never said boo to me beforehand. Was so disappointed in Toyota for the way they handled the replacement chassis saying that they noticed some other things were rotted (shocks, fuel shield, etc.) to the tune of $5,000 which they wanted me to pay after keeping my truck for four months. Can't say that instilled great faith in me. As for this new Tundra, I have to say I hate the look of the front end, the inside looks cheap as hell and it doesn't seem that they really put any thoughts into a serious upgrade. Really surprised that Toyota is taking the cheap way out.

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
2022 Tundra official pricing is out. I am glad I went with the F150:

Cliff's Notes:

SR DBL Cab Long Bed base: 39,280
SR5 Crewmax 45,805.00
Limited Crewmax: 51,900
TRD Off-Road Package: 3,085.00
Platinum Crewmax: 59,990
1794 Crewmax: 60,690.00

19 MPG combined, 17 City, 22 Highway

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
When I first saw this I thought it was a one of the new GMC trucks.

I think it will be a reliable truck and I have owned several Toyota's over the years and never been disappointed.

I do think they basically copied Ford's power train and put a GMC body on it. They just have not ever been seen as leaders in the tech part or innovative in the power trains.

I will stick with my leader of the pack Ford but I do like Toyota's.

FORDHOSTAGE

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150GEN14
Occupation
Hostage
Toyotas are very dependable trucks.

But they have always felt like "Toy" trucks too me when compared to an F150.

I've done some serious off roading in my buddies Four Runner.

It always felt like something was going to snap when compared to a Ford that felt like it was saying "is THAT all you got"?!!

FORD is AWESOME!

...and Toyota ain't bad.
Sponsored

Last edited: