2022 Tundra

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
So now that all the details are out regarding the much anticipated and much hyped 2022 Tundra I'm sorta feeling meh about it. After 14 years of watching other companies develop new tech and getting to learn from others what works and doesn't they've released a truck that is on par at best with the competition. The styling is polarizing, the interior looks exactly like all the others except it looks like they last second went with a 14" screen instead of a 12" which is why their screen pokes up 1.5" above the dash which looks horrible to me. Then in terms of functionality they don't have a flat floor in the rear and if you get their hybrid you lose ALL underseat storage to the battery. The bed is a bit better. Adding a 6.5 to the crewmax is great, but still just keeps up with everybody else. The elbow tailgate release is something I like, but isn't anything revolutionary. The carbon bed is something that I think will be more and more common going forward, but isn't exclusive to the Tundra and probably still need at least a mat to get some grip.

In the end, they better hope the new platform and powertrains live up to Toyota's reputation for reliability because that's going to be their main selling point.

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
So now that all the details are out regarding the much anticipated and much hyped 2022 Tundra I'm sorta feeling meh about it. After 14 years of watching other companies develop new tech and getting to learn from others what works and doesn't they've released a truck that is on par at best with the competition. The styling is polarizing, the interior looks exactly like all the others except it looks like they last second went with a 14" screen instead of a 12" which is why their screen pokes up 1.5" above the dash which looks horrible to me. Then in terms of functionality they don't have a flat floor in the rear and if you get their hybrid you lose ALL underseat storage to the battery. The bed is a bit better. Adding a 6.5 to the crewmax is great, but still just keeps up with everybody else. The elbow tailgate release is something I like, but isn't anything revolutionary. The carbon bed is something that I think will be more and more common going forward, but isn't exclusive to the Tundra and probably still need at least a mat to get some grip.

In the end, they better hope the new platform and powertrains live up to Toyota's reputation for reliability because that's going to be their main selling point.
Yup, Toyota basically took a ‘21 PB and screwed it up thinking the only thing they needed to worry about was beating the HP&T #‘s by only a few points. even their numbers are so close most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference between them if they drove them.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
Will be interesting to see how they rate the MPG and what it is in reality. The electric motor really helps my MPG when I am driving 30-45 mph and it takes over. Don't spend much time driving at less than 18 mph which is apparently the max speed of the Tundra electric motor. Can't imagine it will help much with that low limitation.

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Nothing revolutionary agreed , lets see what mpg is like if its the same give the devil his due they make good trucks . You may not like their product but its seems as good as anything out there currently.

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Hmmm, I wonder if Ford licensed it’s hybrid tech and 10 speed to Toyota because Toyota did and maybe still do license it’s hybrid tech on some of Fords smaller cars.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Hmmm, I wonder if Ford licensed it’s hybrid tech and 10 speed to Toyota because Toyota did and maybe still do license it’s hybrid tech on some of Fords smaller cars.
I’ve heard the reverse. That Toyota licensed their tech to ford to do the Powerboost. That’s just conjecture though

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
I’ve heard the reverse. That Toyota licensed their tech to ford to do the Powerboost. That’s just conjecture though
As near as I can tell the Tundra hybrid is much different then the powerboost more like the Ram e torque. It’s a metal hydride battery behind the back seat and electric only if speed less than 18 mph. So no flat driving electric only at 40 mph like the PB. The interior is so-so if you ask me but I want to see in person. To me the real big news is the 2022 Silverado with a really nice new interior. Check this out it seems that with the 6.2L is pretty cool.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
As near as I can tell the Tundra hybrid is much different then the powerboost more like the Ram e torque. It’s a metal hydride battery behind the back seat and electric only if speed less than 18 mph. So no flat driving electric only at 40 mph like the PB. The interior is so-so if you ask me but I want to see in person. To me the real big news is the 2022 Silverado with a really nice new interior. Check this out it seems that with the 6.2L is pretty cool.
The system in the Dodge doesn’t do much and is totally different than the Ford and Toyota because the actual electric motor is sandwiched between the engine and 10 speed transmission whereas the Dodge system is on top of the engine in the engine compartment.

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
TRD PRO no tow hook front or back what kind of crap is that .

Last edited:

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
TDR PRO no tow hook front or back what kind of crap is that .
What’s a “TDR“ PRO ?

Also, shouldn’t your concerns for said missing tow hooks be posted on a Toyota Tundra forum?

Just wondering.

Infotroll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
What’s a “TDR“ PRO ?

Also, shouldn’t your concerns for said missing tow hooks be posted on a Toyota Tundra forum?

Just wondering.
Maybe but the Thread is 2022 Tundra ;) just saying
Sponsored