Sponsored

2022 transmission fluid and filter change procedure?

42ryan24

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I just purchased a used 2022 F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost. I was able to find the previous owner and learned it was used for towing everyday for work (6-7,000 lb). It accumulated 25,000 miles in less than 6 months. Given the extensive towing I was thinking it would be a good idea to have the transmission serviced and I typically do this type of work myself. Any how-tos on this year?
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
TIP: If you don't want to pay a dealer to do it at least spend ~$22 for the 72-hour Worksop Manual subscription at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/ (note this must run on a PC, may run on a PC emulator on a MAC but I'm not certain of that)

The fluid and especially filter change procedures are many pages long with good detail, differ between 2WD and 4WD, and there's several potential 'gotchyas' covered in the info that you'll want to avoid.

Just for your consideration, Have Fun!

As a 'bonus' with the subscription you'll get access to all sorts of fun VIN-Specific OASIS onfo for your truck - the $22 is a heck of a deal, IMO, you can print and save all the data want during the subscrption; print to PDF if you have a WIndows PDF printer installed on your PC. ;)

Last edited:

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
I’d start also with watching this video

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I would just have the Dealer do it and you're a brave man buying a ruck that had 25000 miles put on it in 6 months. Hope you got a good deal on it.
Sponsored