Sponsored

2022 Tow Mirror Swap to Regular Mirrors?

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I'm about to take delivery of a 2022 with dumbo style tow mirrors. It's a white truck, so it's a bit of a white elephant.

I want to swap these out for the standard mirrors. I think the truck has the 360camera BLISS system. Is this a fairly straightforward swap? I'm going to either wait around until regular mirrors start becoming available (pretty hard to find right now) or someone wants to swap. I couldn't believe the price on these at like 1800 a set. I'd be happy if a mirror just did mirror things instead of whatever attempts to justify almost 2k. Anyone have guidance on how to swap?
Sponsored

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
I'm interested in swapping my Lariat 502A standard mirrors to tow mirrors. Mine are Iconic Silver and don't have 360 cameras so I'm not sure if you'd be willing to swap.

I assume if yours have 360 cameras that they are power fold and power extend?

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I'm shocked.

I've never seen someone want to get rid of their tow mirrors.

Bump for visibility (pun intended).

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lead Engineer
I have to take a closer look and find a part number as well as map it to the compatible part number.

Looks like BLIS, 360camera, manual telescope and fold. Ideally, Id be looking for charcoal or just the black/plastic.

Last edited:

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
If only these were power fold/telescoping mirrors, AND I had regular ones and not towing already!

Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I'm about to take delivery of a 2022 with dumbo style tow mirrors. It's a white truck, so it's a bit of a white elephant.

I want to swap these out for the standard mirrors. I think the truck has the 360camera BLISS system. Is this a fairly straightforward swap? I'm going to either wait around until regular mirrors start becoming available (pretty hard to find right now) or someone wants to swap. I couldn't believe the price on these at like 1800 a set. I'd be happy if a mirror just did mirror things instead of whatever attempts to justify almost 2k. Anyone have guidance on how to swap?
I'm sure you'll find someone with Barbie mirrors to trade with.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Aight so I just took delivery and I'm blown away by this truck. A tiny amount of surface rust on the pumpkin, but the build was likely June or thereabout. The tow mirrors aren't as bad in person, but really throw me off with the level of magnification going on. I'll probably put the swap on the back burner until I come up on time and cheaper parts.

jd42047

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
Occupation
Phosphate miner
I’ve got the same options on my mirrors. If your close to fl I’d definitely swap you out.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Aight so I just took delivery and I'm blown away by this truck. A tiny amount of surface rust on the pumpkin, but the build was likely June or thereabout. The tow mirrors aren't as bad in person, but really throw me off with the level of magnification going on. I'll probably put the swap on the back burner until I come up on time and cheaper parts.
Congratulations on the delivery of your new truck! So happy to hear you are loving it. :)

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm shocked.

I've never seen someone want to get rid of their tow mirrors.

Bump for visibility (pun intended).
I love my towing mirrors. I am fortunate that they are power folding and telescoping too. It gets a little tight at fast food places, banks, etc; I fold them in to make myself more comfortable.

Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
I love my towing mirrors. I am fortunate that they are power folding and telescoping too. It gets a little tight at fast food places, banks, etc; I fold them in to make myself more comfortable.
Same. And I'll run them OUT while I'm on the freeway and then tuck them in once I exit because my trailer is only as wide as the truck, anyways.

They look a BIT goofy, but function > form.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lead Engineer
They're growing on me as I prep for Fluid film.

As an aside, the 3m rubberized undercoating I decided against at the last minute is actually awesome stuff. It's very oily, which leads me to believe there's a healthy dose of corrosion inhibitors. I used it to paint the exposed bed under the truck black, so now it basically looks the same as having wheel well liners.
Ford F-150 2022 Tow Mirror Swap to Regular Mirrors? PXL_20230302_195541739

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
Funny enough I’m doing the same. I only tow an open race car trailer so the added visibility wasn’t really necessary. There was something “off” about the upper mirror glass I couldn’t quite put my finger on that didn’t bother me in my previous GMC with trailer mirrors. They also put a huge amount of turbulent air into the back windows when rolled down which kind of sucks when the weather is nice.
Sponsored