Sponsored

2022 Raptor F-150 Likely (2021 Model Year In Doubt)

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, where to begin...

I just spent the past 2 hours sitting across the table from one of the sales managers at my local Ford dealer, discussing the 2021 Reveal and 2021 Raptor. As we all know, nothing at all was mentioned about the Raptor during the Reveal, and after a 2 hour conversation with the sales manager, he admitted that thus far they have received absolutely no guidance regarding a 2021 Raptor from Ford. He was adamant that they had not been told that there would NOT be one, only that none of the 2021 documentation that they'd received to date mentions one.

As is evident here, there's already been discussion that the next Raptor would be a '22 model.

That being said, I'm having my local dealer attempt to modify a 2020 Raptor order that they already have scheduled for build in the plant into exactly what I want. I won't know until early next week if they're actually able to make my requested changes (delete MoonRoof, change color from Agate Black to Rapid Red).

If they are successful, I will soon be the happy owner of a 2020 802A Rapid Red Raptor. If they are not successful, I will soon be in the care of some Government funded mental institution, so it won't really matter any more ;p

So, while nothing is yet "official", if you're serious about getting a new Raptor, you'd better really think about getting a '20 now or being ready to wait for the '22s to hit the streets.

Best of luck in whatever path you pursue.
Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Thanks for the update Bill. If dealers haven't heard anything at all about a 2021 model year Raptor then I think there's no chance we're going to see one. Doesn't surprise me as a simultaneous launch for the regular 2021 F-150 and the new Raptor was always just a rumor. I would have been surprised personally.

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
Silver lining is that the Ram TRX will debut soon so Ford will have time to tweak and tune the 2022 Raptor F-150 to top it.

Imagine the reverse situation where Ford debuted the new Raptor last night only to have the TRX come out with better specs just a few weeks later.

OP
OP
Striker Hawk

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Just got a VIN # assigned to my 2020 Raptor. Build date July 24. Deal closed. Just not ready to deal with the potential delays and unknowns surrounding the '21 Raptor.
Sponsored