First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang, 2020 Escape, 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Retired
Platinum - These F-150s are our highest demand trim, this combined with the high chip demand has caused this to be our slowest scheduling F-150 with only 12.5% of our overall Platinum demand receiving VINs as of this morning. I would encourage you to step up to a Limited as there seems to be less demand if you'd like to get a nicely equiipped truck more quickly. The other option would be to step down to a 502A F-150 without the Black apperance package.
What is it about the Platinum that is causing the delay? I started with a '21 in September and was rolled to a '22 in October. Nothing except 'in order processing' each time I check.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
What is it about the Platinum that is causing the delay? I started with a '21 in September and was rolled to a '22 in October. Nothing except 'in order processing' each time I check.
I don't know. They haven't given us any communication on that.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
What dates do they assign vins. I check back the forums and my emails every single day waiting for my VIN. If you could give me a list of dates in which they assign VINS, I would only check during those dates. Thanks!
The 6th of this month and Thursday after that.

Photonicc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The 6th of this month and Thursday after that.
Do you guys over at Granger Ford know if not having adaptive steering as an option is still delaying platinums from scheduling? I am unable to get an clear answer from my dealer on this. Does not having this option still hold me back as of the first week of january 2022?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Do you guys over at Granger Ford know if not having adaptive steering as an option is still delaying platinums from scheduling? I am unable to get an clear answer from my dealer on this. Does not having this option still hold me back as of the first week of january 2022?
I don't think that will hurt on the F-150. We've actually had better luck scheduling with adaptive steering on a platinum than without.

First Name
Frank Bartella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I don't think that will hurt on the F-150. We've actually had better luck scheduling with adaptive steering on a platinum than without.
I just got my VIN# today...how long until i get a build date? Is there a website that I can check?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
As I reported in another Granger thread (https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...2022-f-150-order-granger-ford.353/post-145185) I received an Email from Ford today with VIN and production schedule (week of 2/28), much quicker notification than I expected given my Granger Order was placed only 16 days ago on 12/22.

Sure, schedules may slip but I certainly didn't expect even this notification so quickly ... I'm very guardedly optimistic, we'll see how it plays-out, here's the spec FYI:

Ford F-150 2022 Production Insight - Sample of 100+ 2022 F-150 orders REDACTED 2022 LARIAT ORDER

Last edited:

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
As I reported in another Granger thread (https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...2022-f-150-order-granger-ford.353/post-145185) I received an Email from Ford today with VIN and production schedule (week of 2/28), much quicker notification than I expected given my Granger Order was placed only 16 days ago on 12/22.

Sure, schedules may slip but I certainly didn't expect even this notification so quickly ... I'm very guardedly optimistic, we'll see how it plays-out, here's the spec FYI:
That's pretty nice! I ordered a 701A from them 12/7ish, haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing the plats are still not being scheduled or picked up as fast.

Sponsored

UPTHECREEK

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
That's pretty nice! I ordered a 701A from them 12/7ish, haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing the plats are still not being scheduled or picked up as fast.
Don't feel left out DarkSkyForever I ordered a MY22 Platinum back in Sept. and Crickets on my end.

TTABLE213

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang, 2020 Escape, 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Retired
Don't feel left out DarkSkyForever I ordered a MY22 Platinum back in Sept. and Crickets on my end.
Same spot. Platinum ordered 9/1/21. Updated to MY22 order in October. Nothing!!! Would be nice if Ford would share the reason. I could go to a Lariat or Limited if I knew how long the wait was going to be for a Platinum.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Same spot. Platinum ordered 9/1/21. Updated to MY22 order in October. Nothing!!! Would be nice if Ford would share the reason. I could go to a Lariat or Limited if I knew how long the wait was going to be for a Platinum.
Guessing based on the fact that Limiteds are scheduled immediately it might be an interior trim item for the Plats?

UPTHECREEK

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I would consider a Limited if they offered the 6.5 bed.
Sponsored