2022 powerboost interior sensors

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Hi all, apologies if this is not the right spot to post.
I have a 2022 lariat Powerboost with the interior motion sensors. It seems as though my sensors automatically default back to “on” everytime the truck is restarted. So if I forget to disable them and leave the dog in the truck the alarm starts going off. I know in the settings you can either have them set to on,off or ask on exit..
I swear the first week I had the truck when I switched them to “off” it actually stayed off until recently. Now whenever I switch them off in the settings as soon as the truck is turned off and on again they default to on. The quick fix is to switch them to “ask on exit” but I am pretty sure the sensors should just stay off. The manual doesn’t state anything about it always defaulting to on.

From searching these forums it seems as though this was an issue in 2021 models and a software update fixed the problem. Anyone with a 22 having this same issue?
i Haven’t been able to find anywhere that the truck is set for them to default on everytime the truck powered on/off. It also seems pointless to have the “ask on exit” option if that’s the case… I’m pretty sure if I take it to the dealer they’re going to take the lazy way out and tell me that’s how it’s supposed to be so I want to check

also I’ve checked in the truck menu under settings and it says my software is upto date

thanks !
Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Same exact issue on my January 2022 build, and I think others on here with 22s have mentioned this. I just gave up and try to remember to select "Yes" to override sensors everytime I step out with my dog in the truck. Maybe it's Ford's annoying way of letting us know we left something alive in the locked truck?

OP
OP

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Same exact issue on my January 2022 build, and I think others on here with 22s have mentioned this. I just gave up and try to remember to select "Yes" to override sensors everytime I step out with my dog in the truck. Maybe it's Ford's annoying way of letting us know we left something alive in the locked truck?
I just spoke to the service manager at my dealer who talked to a couple of the technicians and they’re claiming that this is done by design. There is no way to have the sensors stay to “off”. It always resets. The only work around is to have it set to “ask on exit”. Or to leave the truck running when you have a pet inside as it won’t set the alarm off. Luckily with the powerboost leaving the truck running isn’t an issue but sucks for the gas engines. The tech said they have an f150 themselves and it’s the same thing.

considering the amount of car thefts/carjacking going on these days It’s probably for the best to always have these sensors on anyways I suppose.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
My '19 Lariat is set to always ask on exit and I really like that feature. I have on a few occasions forgot to set it to "Perimeter Only", but my dog quickly reminds me! I will set up my '22 Lariat the same way.
Sponsored