Rowdie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, PowerBoost
Occupation
Manufacturing
Hello all, new to the Forum.

Ordered an F150 on 5/14/22 unaware of the 5/13/22 cutoff. That being said, my Dealer assures me the order (now retail I'm guessing) was accepted but no VIN has been issued as of 6/18/22. Told to expect four to six month delivery time. Dealer also stated there were no chip shortages for what I ordered at this time 6/18/22 and that the price is protected via X-Plan pricing at the time of order.

I ordered a Lariat 500A, SuperCrew, 3.5L PowerBoost, Tow Technology Package, Bed Utility Package, FX4 Off-Road Package, 7.2 kW Pro Power Onboard, 40/Console/40 Seats, Interior Work Surface, Wireless Charging and B&O Sound System.

Fingers crossed. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rowdieone

First Name
Rowdie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, PowerBoost
Occupation
Manufacturing
Apparently I did not cross all my fingers.
What the dealer told me was false (imagine that). They were scrambling to find a truck in their retail orders exactly or close to mine. I went to check out the truck I was told was exactly like what I ordered only to find it was $7K more expensive and had many more options than I originally configured.
They claim they did not know the order book closed for 2022 F150's the day prior to my original order (5/14/22). They only found this out after I had raised some questions and they started scrambling. Guess that is why they did not return my emails looking for answers until I actually paid them a visit. Think it is time to find a different dealer for my 2023 order... smdh