Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Well I got some of the parts for the led lights and a few more on the way so put them back in and I just got a pretty good deal on an HVAC control module with the readouts so looks like I'll be able to get most of those features back. Can't wait to get all the parts in so I can tackle it all at once.
Where did you get the climate control? I’ve seen asking on eBay for more than $300 but would rather get it cheaper if possible.
Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I got my HVAC for $207 + tax from eBay. Here is the one I bought, note that I "watched" it and few days later they offered me it for $207 with free shipping.

Please don't take this as a recommendation to buy from this seller. I have yet to receive the part and I CANNOT vouch for the seller nor the part yet until I have it in my hands.

Take that for what it's worth. They appear to have 2 left:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ML3T-18C61...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Admin/mod, if I'm not allowed to post ebay links you may remove the above but please keep the post sans link (or let me know and I'll do it)

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
I got my HVAC for $207 + tax from eBay. Here is the one I bought, note that I "watched" it and few days later they offered me it for $207 with free shipping.

Please don't take this as a recommendation to buy from this seller. I have yet to receive the part and I CANNOT vouch for the seller nor the part yet until I have it in my hands.

Take that for what it's worth. They appear to have 2 left:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ML3T-18C61...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Admin/mod, if I'm not allowed to post ebay links you may remove the above but please keep the post sans link (or let me know and I'll do it)
Thanks for the info. I’ll revisit this when I finally get my truck. It’s been “in production” since March 16. Must be in microchip madness.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
The price of the dual climate control went up big time when they removed the temperature from the knobs. I have seen it for as much as $500 on ebay.

Sponsored

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
So my ebay hvac control did not work. None of the second row buttons worked and the A/C button did not work. Has anyone else had this issue? The Ebay seller is offering a replacement, but I also heard that this is now common putting a '21 hvac control module into a '22.

I'm wondering if I should just give up and return it.

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
So my ebay hvac control did not work. None of the second row buttons worked and the A/C button did not work. Has anyone else had this issue? The Ebay seller is offering a replacement, but I also heard that this is now common putting a '21 hvac control module into a '22.

I'm wondering if I should just give up and return it.
I have put a '21 HVAC control into my '22 Platinum and worked just fine! Its not the "Year Model" but your trim that matters. You need to make sure you are ordering the right model for your trim. If you PM me your VIN I would be able to tell you exactly what part # you need for your specific trim

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Thanks to @iceman77 I got my unit working. I didn't know that I had to "program" it. I grabbed the configs off my old one, loaded up on my new one (After updating forscan to the newest version). I now have a '21 HVAC module in my truck and it all appears to work as expected! I also removed the temps from the 12" screen.

Thanks again, @iceman77!!
Ford F-150 2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s? 1652827532730

(Yes the truck is dirty. I now have to clean it, but not tonight :) )

Edit: Oh, and the temps on the dials were completely unintentional
Ford F-150 2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s? 1652828083342

Last edited:

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
2. All Doors have their Secondary Ambient Light which was for Door Cupholder directed Illumination removed (I have added this back, you have options) - Color Change Parts Installed from 2017 F150 however resizing of cabling, zip ties and screws needed (currently only entry exit color change works with the 2022 F150. Forscan changes do not currently enable proper color changing)

2021 Plug and Play Part #’s
ML3Z-13C724-A (Driver)
ML3Z-14A318-G (Passenger)

ML3Z-13C724-C (Left Rear)
ML3Z-13C724-B (Right Rear)

Unplug and de-route existing single light and replace with dual light, Only other thing needed are some screws for mounting originally missing secondary light (unknown exact screw size, will update with sizing later)
Are you saying of I don't use the 2017 ones i don't get the entry/exit color? (I assume this is the red that I would see on my old '17 when I opened the doors).

And do you have part numbers if that's the case or more detailed instructions?

8. Rear Cup Holders Clasp Nubs are no longer present it is now just a Cup Holder without the clasping mechanism that the Front Cup Holders have (Not working on adding this back, I might add part numbers)
Do you know the part numbers for these? I actually really dislike that the back cup holders are missing the clasp nubs as you put it.

Thanks!

Sponsored

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I am so glad that I pulled the trigger on my 21 PB Lariat 502 when I did last July. The trade off has been 10 trips to the dealership during the first model year debugging process (which almost drove me to get rid of it). But now that it is dialed in and officially debugged, I don’t think I’d trade it for anything. I feel like those of us that were fortunate enough to get all the little goodies, and without steep price increases, should count our blessings. I would be pissed to find out that they’re stripping down while at the same time raising the price.

anyway, I already feel like I have a more unique truck because I have yet to see another smoked quartz Lariat PB in my region, and now I feel like it’s reached unicorn status.

I applauded the resiliency of some of you who have bought parts on EBay and what not to finish your build the way you want!

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
I have put a '21 HVAC control into my '22 Platinum and worked just fine! Its not the "Year Model" but your trim that matters. You need to make sure you are ordering the right model for your trim. If you PM me your VIN I would be able to tell you exactly what part # you need for your specific trim
I have also bought a 21’ climate cluster off eBay, but I still haven’t got my truck. It’s been in production and now awaiting shipment. My VIN is 1FTEW1E89NFA55964. I bought this model “ML3T-18C612-DE OEM Temperature Control For Ford F-150”. Would you be able to temp me if this is the right one and if I will need any forscan updates for it? Thanks in advance!!

VGZPRT

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor
I have also bought a 21’ climate cluster off eBay, but I still haven’t got my truck. It’s been in production and now awaiting shipment. My VIN is 1FTEW1E89NFA55964. I bought this model “ML3T-18C612-DE OEM Temperature Control For Ford F-150”. Would you be able to temp me if this is the right one and if I will need any forscan updates for it? Thanks in advance!!
Yes that will work I got the same one and it works.
What you need to due one you install the new controller update the HVAC module with Forscan using as built data from a 2021 that does have the digital display knobs.
Good luck

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
What you need to due one you install the new controller update the HVAC module with Forscan using as built data from a 2021 that does have the digital display knobs.
Good luck
I actually just programmed it with a backup from the HVAC module of my '22.

I have noticed though that I have a code that I can't clear saying the HVAC module is not programmed, but I have all my functionality after doing the above.

Mayo77ca

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Good luck
Thanks, I'm trying to look through forscan spreadsheet for info on what I need to change but don't see anything in the first spread sheet, looked in HVAC 733 folder but couldn't see anything that jumped out to me. Is there an area you can point me to to find this info? thx.
Sponsored