Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
These are all little things that in the end won’t really take anything away from
I didn't at all. Of course, now that I think about it, I'm not sure it's even applicable to me because I have the PB. But it's on there, and I assume all 22's have it as well
I believe that all PB come with start stop even if the order forms says the removal is there.
Sponsored

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
These are all little things that in the end won’t really take anything away from

I believe that all PB come with start stop even if the order forms says the removal is there.
Thought the reason the epa gas mileage went down to 23 from 24 was because they removed it. ?‍♂

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

The whole point of the PB is the battery component, you cannot remove start/stop on that. It will go to battery(aka engine stop) all by itself automatically, it's the point. ?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I thought that sometime around August they required all orders to have the start stop removal build code even on the PB. Then all trucks except the PB had it removed. But the code and window stickers reflected the delete on all engines, including the PB.

Sponsored

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I thought that sometime around August they required all orders to have the start stop removal build code even on the PB. Then all trucks except the PB had it removed. But the code and window stickers reflected the delete on all engines, including the PB.
Interesting, my apologies then.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I just want to take the time to educate people that the reason why stop/start is impossible to remove from PB F150s is because the electric motor is linked directly to the ICE and will act as a starter for it while it's running. It's a much better solution than auto stop/start that's in regular engines.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I just want to take the time to educate people that the reason why stop/start is impossible to remove from PB F150s is because the electric motor is linked directly to the ICE and will act as a starter for it while it's running. It's a much better solution than auto stop/start that's in regular engines.
Yep, it is an amazing engineering concept. I'm very glad I got it. But at the same time, Ford is confusing peeps by putting 52x on PB stickers.

Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Yep, it is an amazing engineering concept. I'm very glad I got it. But at the same time, Ford is confusing peeps by putting 52x on PB stickers.
I'm a point now to where I think that the users on these forums are far more informed about the trucks than literally everyone at Ford who's not actually engineering them.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I was just looking at my preview order (12/24) and there is a line item specifically titled "Auto Start-Stop Removal"

I know a lot of people hate the feature, but I've never minded it. If it get's me an extra MPG, then I would have kind of preferred it.
I had it in my 2020 Sierra that I sold. Hated it. I deleted it in my order.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Technically, there is no Auto-Start/Stop on a Powerboost, so it IS deleted, whether you chose to or not. There's no button available for defeating it because it doesn't exist.

Yet, the Powerboost is the poster child for Auto-start/stop! ??

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
After reading all of the replies here and watching a few YouTube videos of all of the items removed for the 2022 model year I think the one that is going to irritate me the most is the fact that now the infotainment screen has a smaller usable area due to the addition of the HVAC system data at the top of the screen.
So you could theoretically add a smaller infotainment screen to the list of changes.
I definitely don't like the fact that I ordered 21 that was changed to a 22 and I'm receiving less than what I was promised and not being compensated.
I think Ford is just being extremely cheap trying to save $10 on a $60,000 truck. Extremely irritated with Ford. None of this is a deal-breaker but still it is going backwards not forwards. With the full-size truck market being so incredibly competitive to start removing some very inexpensive and simple but functional features is asinine.

EDIT: the following is a correction to my comment above basically me not doing research before opening my big mouth. I had commented about infotainment screen being smaller in the 22 I looked at some YouTube videos and that upper area that now has information on HVAC temperature had already been used by other features and not available when using other functions on the screen.

Darrell

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't consider these things as co$t savings decisions nearly as much as chip savings and/or component-procurement solutions during supply chain chaos.

I could be giving mercy where it's uncalled for, but I'm just glad Ford isn't removing things like heated seats, like their competitors are.
Sponsored