Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
The decrease in fuel mileage is probably due to the Auto start stop removal. Ford announced that the MPG would decrease by 1 MPG for trucks with it removed.
Ahh, good catch. You’re probably right.
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
@Knickell

I think this confirms the ambient lighting being removed.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Well shit...

Just my luck. This bothers me because none of this is mentioned in the 2022 order guide. New or changed features are represented by a star, and the only thing I remember was a new zone lighting feature, the deletion of the diesel, color changes, and the BAP.

Also, regarding the screen, does this mean I get less useable area for carplay, maps, and apps with the temperature indicators now occupying the top of the screen??

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Well shit...

Just my luck. This bothers me because none of this is mentioned in the 2022 order guide. New or changed features are represented by a star, and the only thing I remember was a new zone lighting feature, the deletion of the diesel, color changes, and the BAP.

Also, regarding the screen, does this mean I get less useable area for carplay, maps, and apps with the temperature indicators now occupying the top of the screen??

I hate to say it, but it would appear so.

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Well shit...

if there is a change it’s very very small. There has always been a bar across the top that used to have a phone button and the connectivity icons. There is just more on the bar now. Unfortunately it does appear that they removed the connected phone button which is a bummer because I use it all the time to switch between my personal and work phones while I’m in the truck.

Im still holding out hope that the KR, plat, and lim models will have the ambient lighting!

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I hate to say it, but it would appear so.
Welcome to my world....

I'm 49 years old. I've had a job since I was 14. I've never bought a nice brand new vehicle.

The one year I decide to finally purchase my dream truck, it's the only year in automotive history that a following model year model gets a thousand dollars more expensive whilst actually losing content.

If I bought Tesla stock right now, it would crash to $2 dollars a share by Friday..

FML

Last edited:

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Welcome to my world....

I'm 49 years old. I've had a job since I was 14. I've never bought a nice brand new vehicle.

The one year I decide to finally purchase my dream truck, it's the only year in automotive history that a following model year model gets a thousand dollars more expensive whilst actually losing content.

If I bought Tesla stock right now, it would crash to $2 dollars a share by Friday..

FML
I hope you’ve ordered already, you “should” be price protected at least.

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Ahh, good catch. You’re probably right.
That's an interesting idea of the auto stop-start delete being the difference since the power boost lost one mpg for '22 also.

Darrell

Last edited:

Sponsored

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I hope you’ve ordered already, you “should” be price protected at least.
I did get my order in before the latest price bump on 12/26. I was referring to the initial regular model year 2022 price bump.

Last edited:

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I did get more order in before the latest price bump on 12/26. I was referring to the initial regular model year 2022 price bump.
I gotcha now, totally understand your disappointment though. I had a Bronco reservation and had been interested since late 2017. So this is probably all my fault since I order a new F150 in early December thinking I’d get these features ?‍♂

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
That's an interesting idea of the auto stop-start delete being the difference since the power boost lost one mpg for '22 also.

Darrell
I was just looking at my preview order (12/24) and there is a line item specifically titled "Auto Start-Stop Removal"

I know a lot of people hate the feature, but I've never minded it. If it get's me an extra MPG, then I would have kind of preferred it.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I was just looking at my preview order (12/24) and there is a line item specifically titled "Auto Start-Stop Removal"

I know a lot of people hate the feature, but I've never minded it. If it get's me an extra MPG, then I would have kind of preferred it.
That’s wild, did you specifically request it?

I know it was specifically removed by many to get it built faster because of the chip shortage.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
That’s wild, did you specifically request it?

I know it was specifically removed by many to get it built faster because of the chip shortage.
I didn't at all. Of course, now that I think about it, I'm not sure it's even applicable to me because I have the PB. But it's on there, and I assume all 22's have it as well
Sponsored