Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
For all those who said don't get a job 2 2021 and wait for the 2022s due to the diminished value at the end of the model year run, these missing items will keep the 2021s with some wanted value in the future. It will remain to be seen if they bring these items back for the 22 job 2s or the 23/24s... I can see in 5-10 years when people are looking for a used gen 14 saying, "I got to find me a 21 job2 truck if I can cause I want these cool features that don't exist anymore."

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Yeah, not deal breakers/show stoppers like you said, but makes me wonder why the $895 price increase for 2022 models was implemented then. More cash, less bling.

Saw that, no disrespect to the 402a buyers, but there are a lot of trims above it.
According to GM, it's because of chip shortages; though that could just be bullshit.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/silverado-sierra-to-lose-temperature-display/

I can totally see someone high up asking the engineers to shave features because of inflation and then when marketing asks what they're supposed to say, replying with 'blame it on the chip shortages.'

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ford: we’ll screw new owners by making them pay more for less. But also we’ll give new owners features (like camera in motion) and keep those features from our older customers. Gotta love it! ?
Excellent point! I want my damn cameras to stay on over 6MPH!!

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So seriously, well not too seriously because I rarely am serious, but you think these changes and price increases are a strategy by Ford "to screw" us?
????

Yea, that's it. The price increase from one model year to the next has NEVER happened. Or, better yet, we all know that a 2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost really only cost Ford to build the same as it did in..... What? 2010?

Those greedy Fordsters.

Meanwhile, Kroger seems to be doing the same thing. They are charging me more for milk this week and they don't think I will notice!

You don't think the chip shortage is a big deal? You can now purchase a $90,000 Denali from GM, but you CAN'T get heated seats in it!
The chip shortage couldn't be more real than that.

Ford apparently is choosing to give us heated seats by nixing chips like redundant temperature displays in the HVAC buttons. And I can still get a heated steering wheel, which you can't in the GM currently.

I can't even imagine the chaos and complexity involved in the ongoing component procurement process for an assembly line like the F150. That assembly line has spit out a new F150 every 43 seconds 24/7/365 for years and years. I bet it has never been so challenging to keep that line running.

But yea, the real reason the 2022 F150 has different HVAC buttons is its one more way for them jerks to get over on us.

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military
Now it is irking me a little more now knowing that there is an up charge from the 2021 for what?..for a downgrade on interior lighting and the temperature knobs taking a step back in technology. I think it was a pretty nice statement piece to show the luxurious technology ford had going on.
I’m sure ram is going to brag even more now with the competition removing things in interior quality.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I too think it’s a bummer that some small features are disappearing while the price is going up. However, through my recent trips to the grocery store where bacon is $10 a lbs and virtually everything has gone up close to 10% and the overall inflation numbers are flirting with 7%, I certainly can’t blame Ford for raising the price by about 1% on my new King Ranch.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
The knob nixing makes sense, I would hate to wait extra weeks/months for my truck due to fancy knobs.

The lighting changes screams rubbing two pennies together to try and make a buck.

I’m hoping the harnesses remain the same and I can pillage some graveyard 150s for the ambient lighting and knobs later on.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I too think it’s a bummer that some small features are disappearing while the price is going up. However, through my recent trips to the grocery store where bacon is $10 a lbs and virtually everything has gone up close to 10% and the overall inflation numbers are flirting with 7%, I certainly can’t blame Ford for raising the price by about 1% on my new King Ranch.
If you ordered before the 26th, you should be locked in on price.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Now it is irking me a little more now knowing that there is an up charge from the 2021 for what?..for a downgrade on interior lighting and the temperature knobs taking a step back in technology. I think it was a pretty nice statement piece to show the luxurious technology ford had going on.
I’m sure ram is going to brag even more now with the competition removing things in interior quality.
My 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie didn’t have the digital display on the temp control knobs, and I always thought it was weird to turn that know but have the temp displayed on the top of the main screen. One of my favorite little touches of the Ford was the digital display in the know, as little of a thing as that is in the grand scheme of life. It’s a shame it’s going away, no matter the reason. Either way, Ram won’t be able to have a leg up on that small area, we’re all just on the same playing field now.

thomps33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The knob nixing makes sense, I would hate to wait extra weeks/months for my truck due to fancy knobs.

The lighting changes screams rubbing two pennies together to try and make a buck.

I’m hoping the harnesses remain the same and I can pillage some graveyard 150s for the ambient lighting and knobs later on.
This is my plan too. Hoping to add the features from a wrecked 21.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
***CONFIRMATION/UPDATES ON 2022 MODEL YEAR CHANGES***

Alrighty sports fans, I came across this video that lists a few changes/omissions from the 2022 F-150s versus the 2021s.

The YouTube poster, JVette01, gives us a quick walkaround of a 2022 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew with the 502A High package. The truck is pretty loaded with the Chrome Appearance, and FX4 packages, the twin panel moonroof, and the power tailgate.

Here are the cliff notes:

• No confirmation on the Ice Blue ambient lighting, yet.
  • Halogen license plate illumination lights rather than LEDs
  • The upper banner/border on the 12" Productivity Center is bigger in order to accommodate the climate control temperature readings since they were removed from the knobs. The digital clock also appears to have been moved from the upper right corner to the upper left corner
  • Glove box lighting has been removed
  • No scroll wheel on the front outboard A/C vents. Instead, the vents slides to the right to close.

A quick thing I did note, was the MPG rating on the window sticker. The 3.5 liter EcoBoost of this truck is rated for 19. My truck is very similarly equipped and is rated for 20 miles per gallon. Could be a small spec I'm missing, but it may have gone down.

I researched further and found; Fuel Economy of 2022 Ford F150

They have a lot of various MPGs rating for several F-150 3.5 EcoBoost models.

krj1053

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat F-150
***CONFIRMATION/UPDATES ON 2022 MODEL YEAR CHANGES***

Alrighty sports fans, I came across this video that lists a few changes/omissions from the 2022 F-150s versus the 2021s.

The YouTube poster, JVette01, gives us a quick walkaround of a 2022 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew with the 502A High package. The truck is pretty loaded with the Chrome Appearance, and FX4 packages, the twin panel moonroof, and the power tailgate.

Here are the cliff notes:

• No confirmation on the Ice Blue ambient lighting, yet.
  • Halogen license plate illumination lights rather than LEDs
  • The upper banner/border on the 12" Productivity Center is bigger in order to accommodate the climate control temperature readings since they were removed from the knobs. The digital clock also appears to have been moved from the upper right corner to the upper left corner
  • Glove box lighting has been removed
  • No scroll wheel on the front outboard A/C vents. Instead, the vents slides to the right to close.

A quick thing I did note, was the MPG rating on the window sticker. The 3.5 liter EcoBoost of this truck is rated for 19. My truck is very similarly equipped and is rated for 20 miles per gallon. Could be a small spec I'm missing, but it may have gone down.

I researched further and found; Fuel Economy of 2022 Ford F150

They have a lot of various MPGs rating for several F-150 3.5 EcoBoost models.
The decrease in fuel mileage is probably due to the Auto start stop removal. Ford announced that the MPG would decrease by 1 MPG for trucks with it removed.
Sponsored