Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I had my truck at the dealer yesterday and was looking at a 2022 that just came in. It has retained everything the 21’s had I’m up in Canada also. So it seems it’s true about the Canadian models.
Was it a Lariat? Because I found a Canadian XLT that doesn’t have the display knobs. Seeing some posts in other spots with alleged 2022 Lariats with the displays.
It is true we retained the boxlink and led bed lighting in our 302A+ packages. A number of window stickers confirmed that.
Sponsored

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Was it a Lariat? Because I found a Canadian XLT that doesn’t have the display knobs. Seeing some posts in other spots with alleged 2022 Lariats with the displays.

It is true we retained the boxlink and led bed lighting in our 302A+ packages. A number of window stickers confirmed that.
Lariat is the trim level above XLT.

Yes, per the Order Guide and stated earlier in the thread, unlike USA 2022s, Canadian 2022’s will retain box lighting and BoxLink on the XLT (302A) and Lariat trims. 2022 Canadian F150s appear to be 2021 like - that’s a good thing. Looks like we’re just losing stuff on our 2022s in America.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

Yes, per the Order Guide and stated earlier in the thread, unlike USA 2022s, Canadian 2022’s will retain box lighting and BoxLink on the XLT (302A) and Lariat trims. 2022 Canadian F150s appear to be 2021 like - that’s a good thing. Looks like we’re just losing stuff on our 2022s in America.
My point was that all 2021 XLT+ used to have the display knobs and we’ve observed over the last day or so that 2022 Canadian XLTs have lost the display knobs but Lariat+ have kept them. So it’s not a blanket statement that all 2022 Canadian models are the same.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
GM removed all steering wheels? ?. Seriously, why haven’t we started driving cars with game controllers by now?
I'm being pedantic, but " GM removed heated seats and steering wheels." is correct grammar. If it was "GM removed heated seats, and steering wheels." then it would sound like they removed steering wheels because of that Oxford comma. :)

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I'm being pedantic, but " GM removed heated seats and steering wheels." is correct grammar. If it was "GM removed heated seats, and steering wheels." then it would sound like they removed steering wheels because of that Oxford comma. :)
Oxford comma is for three or more items in a list, so that wouldn’t apply anyway. The sentence, as you originally worded, is ambiguous - it can be read to mean ‘heated seats and heated steering wheels” or “heated seats” + “steering wheels.” I knew what u meant, just having fun.

Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a

I think it was a xlt 302a

Jaybird2022

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Military

Yaaay wonderful ?

EFudd

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Oxford comma is for three or more items in a list, so that wouldn’t apply anyway. The sentence, as you originally worded, is ambiguous - it can be read to mean ‘heated seats and heated steering wheels” or “heated seats” + “steering wheels.” I knew what u meant, just having fun.
With all the down grading we have to do going from a '21 to a '22 model year, now you're saying we also have to down grade from the Chicago Manual of Style to Oxford? Oh, the humanity. I was just getting used to a single space after a period.

Big&BadGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars, Trucks/SUVs, and Motorcycles
i just picked up my STX trim XL and can confirm it doesn’t have the door that the 21s have. Its just a rubber tray with a lip that rests in there and can be removed.

That's how the Ram Express 1500 was, without the door like the Laramie and other trim levels. So it's consistent, but at least has the rubber "tray" vs. nothing on the Ram.

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I need to throw this out here for everyone! I have been selling a media bin/glove box light harness. It has been discovered at least on one truck a 22 platinum @Hackintoshihope the media bin connector was still in his truck. another member @Antimatter_KingRanch did not have this connector in his truck. I will probably still continue to make the harness the way I have been with both connections present just in case. im open to suggestions also. I can build it to just add the glove box light in but this would require you to take your truck apart twice, or i can leave the harness as is with 2 connections in it ? also both members that have installed the media bin/glove box harness said its a pain in the ass to get through to hook up the glove box light. I have not done one yet personally so I dont know how bad it is maybe they can chime in and offer some tips!

Sponsored

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
I need to throw this out here for everyone! I have been selling a media bin/glove box light harness. It has been discovered at least on one truck a 22 platinum @Hackintoshihope the media bin connector was still in his truck. another member @Antimatter_KingRanch did not have this connector in his truck. I will probably still continue to make the harness the way I have been with both connections present just in case. im open to suggestions also. I can build it to just add the glove box light in but this would require you to take your truck apart twice, or i can leave the harness as is with 2 connections in it ? also both members that have installed the media bin/glove box harness said its a pain in the ass to get through to hook up the glove box light. I have not done one yet personally so I dont know how bad it is maybe they can chime in and offer some tips!
Definitely not the most fun thing in the world to fish the glove box wire, but very much doable (and the current harnesses will have a bit of extra wire to help make it easier).

The easiest way is going roughly where the red line is on my first image; the trick being finding the bottom of the side pocket (which is part of the main center console piece/not easily removable) and pushing just under it. Helped to remove the side panel, I used my left hand to push the wire into my right. It's tight and will require inching it forward for about 3", but after that you're home free. Bring the wire up along the left side of the glove box, and in from behind the steel piece that frames the edge.

The second image will make sense when you're in there; but it's the top left corner of the glove box opening. I suggest pressing the push collector on the glove box LED into the gap along that steel so it's taught along the top, that way the wire doesn't interfere with the glove box opening/closing.

But overall, @JHForman812 makes awesome harnesses that look factory, and make adding back the lights easy. I'm glad I found him

Ford F-150 2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s? Snapchat-1761957481

Ford F-150 2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s? Snapchat-119411904

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion
I might be interested in one of these harnesses. Do you or @Antimatter_KingRanch have part numbers on hand for the media bin light and glove box light? I found the part numbers below but I was not 100% sure.

Media bin light: HC3Z-14A318-E
Glove box light: ML3Z-14A411-C

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I might be interested in one of these harnesses. Do you or @Antimatter_KingRanch have part numbers on hand for the media bin light and glove box light? I found the part numbers below but I was not 100% sure.

Media bin light: HC3Z-14A318-E
Glove box light: ML3Z-14A411-C
You got the glove box light right but the media bin is
ML3Z-14A318-C @darkjedi007 juat confirmed this with his dealer and @Hackintoshihope and @Antimatter_KingRanch both gave me that part number too.

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Definitely not the most fun thing in the world to fish the glove box wire, but very much doable (and the current harnesses will have a bit of extra wire to help make it easier).

The easiest way is going roughly where the red line is on my first image; the trick being finding the bottom of the side pocket (which is part of the main center console piece/not easily removable) and pushing just under it. Helped to remove the side panel, I used my left hand to push the wire into my right. It's tight and will require inching it forward for about 3", but after that you're home free. Bring the wire up along the left side of the glove box, and in from behind the steel piece that frames the edge.

The second image will make sense when you're in there; but it's the top left corner of the glove box opening. I suggest pressing the push collector on the glove box LED into the gap along that steel so it's taught along the top, that way the wire doesn't interfere with the glove box opening/closing.

But overall, @JHForman812 makes awesome harnesses that look factory, and make adding back the lights easy. I'm glad I found him

Snapchat-1761957481.jpg

Snapchat-119411904.jpg

Snapchat-1761957481.jpg

Snapchat-119411904.jpg
This is all great information. Could it be put in the "lighting" or
'interior" mods pages for easy future reference?

Darrell