Sponsored

2022 Limited arrived w/o Active Park Assist 2.0

F22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Limited
Hi everyone.

I’m about to buy a 2022 Limited (off the lot) and really wanted the Active Park Assist 2.0 because I live in Toronto and this will be a family vehicle both I and my wife will drive (and park) downtown.

Today, the dealer informed me the truck has arrived on the lot, but unfortunately Active Park Assist 2.0 has been removed because of the chip shortage.

I get that. But what the dealer has NOT been able (or willing) to answer is if the feature will be added to my truck when the chips are available. I’ve read both the Expedition and Navigator will have the Active Park Assist Prep Kit installed and will be upgraded at no cost once the chips become available (according to Ford Authority). But I’ve seen no official comment regarding the F-150. Further, the document the dealer will ask me to sign upon delivery says that I accept that the truck is not equipped with Active Park Assist. It says nothing about the Prep Kit or upgrading later.

Does anyone have any information on this? Preferably official documents that can clarify the situation.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

F22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Limited
Here are the two articles on FordAuthority I found on the Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/2...also-drop-active-park-assist-2-0-from-lineup/

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2022-lincoln-navigator-to-also-drop-ford-active-park-assist-2-0/

Here is the text from the acknowledgment I am being asked to sign:

2022 F-150 - Lariat High, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, & Tremor High

Subject: Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal

We want to get your new F-150 to you as quickly as possible, but due to the on-going global semiconductor shortage, your F-150 will be delivered without the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature.

Getting a new vehicle is an important and exciting time so we are doing everything we can to help deliver on that despite these global challenges.

What does this mean for you? This feature, which helps reduce the stress of parking by takingover the steering, shifting, braking, and acceleration to navigate parallel or perpendicular parking spaces, will not be included on this vehicle. Park Out Assist, which provides assistancewhen exiting a parallel parking spot, will also not be included since it is part of the Active Park
Assist 2.0 feature.

We understand this is an inconvenience to you and we will be reducing your MSRP by $350. You'll be able to see this credit applied on your window label as "ACTIVE PARK ASSIST 2.0 REMOVAL."

Please know that we value you as a customer and appreciate your patience and understandingas we navigate through these uncertain times together.

Acknowledgement
By accepting this $350 reduction of the MSRP, I understand and agree as follows:
This vehicle is not equipped with the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature.

Customer Signature
Date

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
My new truck has that feature removed and the sticker price was credited, but then list price has gone up 3 times since I ordered... Cool feature? Yes. Would I use it? Maybe once or twice to try it out. I've made it 50+ years without that functionality, I'll make it another 50 without it.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I think there is no other documentation or explaination because the key is in the name. On the other models it's a Prep Kit. On the F-150 it's a Removal.

They're different vehicles with different systems. That tells me that something about how it's setup in the F-150 makes later installation impractical.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My new truck has that feature removed and the sticker price was credited, but then list price has gone up 3 times since I ordered... Cool feature? Yes. Would I use it? Maybe once or twice to try it out. I've made it 50+ years without that functionality, I'll make it another 50 without it.
Same here. My truck is currently shipping and the window sticker reflects that parking assist was removed from the build and the $credit was given.

If I still have the truck when this chip crisis is over, I can easily purchase the missing parts and add it myself.

Sponsored

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
The first Ford Authority link posted by F22 states that park assist can be added at a later date for the F150 when parts become available. I hope that is true. I'd love to add it to my Platinum when it finally gets built. I have it aon my Escape Hybrid and love it. It really helps around town.

Icecoldak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Limited
Its just NOT a time to buy any vehicle with them deleting all kinds of important safety features especially in the upper the levels!!! they can kiss my a$$$$$--Illl keep my 19 Limited to all this crap is sorted out!!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'd argue that a 2021 - 2022 F150 without parking assist, but otherwise loaded, has condiderably advanced technology related to safety onboard than the previous generation had.

Gen14 F150's are quite the leap in that regard.

But yea, sure takes more effort to acquire one. Crazy world.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
Its just NOT a time to buy any vehicle with them deleting all kinds of important safety features especially in the upper the levels!!! they can kiss my a$$$$$--Illl keep my 19 Limited to all this crap is sorted out!!
Park Assist is an "important safety feature"?

Sponsored

Hungjai

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Park Assist is an "important safety feature"?
I was thinking the same thing... If you can't drive a car/truck without that... You shouldn't be driving in the first place

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Don’t have front sensors on my 16 and won’t on my 22. I back into every parking spot, so rear sensors work just fine for me.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Does the addition of active park assist removal remove the front parking sensors?
Trucks are being delivered with Front Sensors.

Personally, I think these are used in the stop-and-go function of Assist 2.0, which is why they get added to 500/501a where they are not standard without Assist.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
I was thinking the same thing... If you can't drive a car/truck without that... You shouldn't be driving in the first place
I guess one could argue that the Park Assist Delete option would be a safety feature as it would keep incapable drivers off the road.

Deal Seeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum Hybrid 701A
Hi everyone.

I’m about to buy a 2022 Limited (off the lot) and really wanted the Active Park Assist 2.0 because I live in Toronto and this will be a family vehicle both I and my wife will drive (and park) downtown.

Today, the dealer informed me the truck has arrived on the lot, but unfortunately Active Park Assist 2.0 has been removed because of the chip shortage.

I get that. But what the dealer has NOT been able (or willing) to answer is if the feature will be added to my truck when the chips are available. I’ve read both the Expedition and Navigator will have the Active Park Assist Prep Kit installed and will be upgraded at no cost once the chips become available (according to Ford Authority). But I’ve seen no official comment regarding the F-150. Further, the document the dealer will ask me to sign upon delivery says that I accept that the truck is not equipped with Active Park Assist. It says nothing about the Prep Kit or upgrading later.

Does anyone have any information on this? Preferably official documents that can clarify the situation.
It will not be added at a later date. This is part of Fords direction of providing non-safety related features required due to the chip shortage. My 2022 F-150 Platinum which is scheduled for 05/02/2022 will not have it and has been deleted. I'm okay with that other than I'm not sure what kind of "Blank button will be installed now"
Sponsored