• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
They chose to produce those numbers based on profit margins, not demand. You are correct. As a consumer I can choose where and how I want to spend my money.

I'm also allowed to be dissapointed with Ford's marketing. By stating the Lightning starts at $39k they got everyone excited without a footnote of...*Less than 500 of the $39k models will be made. All other models start at $52.5k.

If that had been stated, guess how much less excitement would have been generated. I get how marketing works, but as a company dissapointing potential customers (especially with the amount of new truck buyers and new ford buyers there was projected to be) isn't the smartest tactic.
I don't disagree. This is akin to the pre covid Black Friday doorbusters when people lined up for a chance to buy a cheap tv. Many people went away disappointed, or bought a higher priced item. The truck is just a bigger ticket item.
Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Those of you waiting for the 2023 pro are dreaming. They will make another 500 and it will sell out within seconds on Jan 1 2023. Meanwhile the XLT price will increase and the ford tax incentives will be reduced.

The pro was a ? that should have never existed. It’s was lost leader to draw us into the launch and commit to the brand. We’ve been duped.

I think the SR is the way to go. ER for >20k more is a joke. vehicle to grid is a gimmick. Go for solar + home batteries if you want a real home backup solution. 230 miles is plenty. EVs (especially non Tesla) are simply not ready for long haul travel and or heavy heavy towing. Non Tesla super-chargers are years behind. For now, EVs are a fantastic around town vehicle where you solely charge at home, overnight. Don’t fool yourselves!

full disclosure I bought the SR XLT with max tow, tow tech, tailgate step, 9kw only as value play while I wait for the Cybertruck. Due to demand I expect it to keep its value. So it should become a very cheap if not free 2 year EV truck rental.

Last edited:

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
Trash. All the stupid, smug tweets about how Ford doesn't play games like Tesla and then they do the same thing.

And letting a bunch of people prioritize in front of reservation holders at the last minute to buy up all the Pros in the first wave.

Garbage.
Ford is much worse than Tesla in this case. With Tesla, everybody pays the same price, no ADM, no prioritizing friends, employee, and customers with the deepest pockets.

Tesla does always build the most expensive versions first, but at least they are upfront about it.

That said, Tesla has done some seriously shady stuff as well. Ask anybody owed a Roadster from the referral program.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I don't disagree. This is akin to the pre covid Black Friday doorbusters when people lined up for a chance to buy a cheap tv. Many people went away disappointed, or bought a higher priced item. The truck is just a bigger ticket item.
It’s more akin to lining up the night before the sale, being first in line, and then @Ford Motor Company pushes you down so the store owner’s buddy can buy the door buster.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
It’s more akin to lining up the night before the sale, being first in line, and then @Ford Motor Company pushes you down so the store owner’s buddy can buy the door buster.
Ford owns the store. The dealer pushed you down. Look at what the you tube dealer that everyone watches did. One employee who apparently had a July reservation was first, the you tube guy was second.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Ford owns the store. The dealer pushed you down. Look at what the you tube dealer that everyone watches did. One employee who apparently had a July reservation was first, the you tube guy was second.
The dealer wouldn’t be ABLE to push you down if Ford didn’t allow it. They created the prioritization system, not the dealers.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I know a lot of members are disappointed with Ford regarding the Pro unavailability, but in their defense they were upfront about model availability. This was posted early on with the below available configurations. The chart was not based on customer demand, but allocation of resources as to what they intended to produce.

1642727227351.png
If by “early on” you mean like 3 weeks ago, then sure.

They’ve had 8 months to be “up front” and they absolutely were not. They strung people along for months and months and then dropped the prioritization bomb and the “we’re going to make like 74 Pros” bomb in the last few weeks.”

“Up front” and “early on”? Lol Give me a break.

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
If by “early on” you mean like 3 weeks ago, then sure.

They’ve had 8 months to be “up front” and they absolutely were not. They strung people along for months and months and then dropped the prioritization bomb and the “we’re going to make like 74 Pros” bomb in the last few weeks.”

“Up front” and “early on”? Lol Give me a break.
Plus in the lower left corner it says "secret". Yeah, Ford was upfront about it.

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Keeping my day one reservation that still isn’t live, but not the day 2 Reservation that would have been a Pro.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Pro sold out [update: confirmed] A5073AFB-A734-4074-B0C6-7F580151D538

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
I know a lot of members are disappointed with Ford regarding the Pro unavailability, but in their defense they were upfront about model availability. This was posted early on with the below available configurations. The chart was not based on customer demand, but allocation of resources as to what they intended to produce.

1642727227351.png
This slide is labeled “secret”!

Sponsored

Coopdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Toyota Tundra
Plus in the lower left corner it says "secret". Yeah, Ford was upfront about it.
Was here to say the same. We weren’t even supposed to see that playbook. So yes very upfront… They just wanted the 40k headline blasted across the internet without missing out on profits. Great success. Go take some more pictures of coffee and trucks.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Those of you waiting for the 2023 pro are dreaming. They will make another 500 and it will sell out within seconds on Jan 1 2023. Meanwhile the XLT price will increase and the ford tax incentives will be reduced.
You're missing the fact that 2023 orders are going to come sooner than you think. Per playbook, ordering Going to start around beginning of July, and production will start around October. So people waiting for 23MY will start getting them around probably December.. Not that long of a wait difference. So i'd hold off jumping ship if you have an order invite and want to get a Pro.

Also, i did some very advanced calculations, and I'm estimating that there around 750 Pro orders for 22MY. My tolerances are probably +/- 50 trucks.. Note: This sophisticated math assumes that only 15,000 trucks gonna be made for 22MY

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Pro sold out [update: confirmed] sni

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I also posted this in another thread, but my theory is that Ford thought the $12.5k EV credit was for sure gonna pass. That's why the XLT is priced $13k higher. W/the EV credit, it would have brought the XLT down to almost $40K, which is what ford was pitching. If EV credit passed, they'd have Pro and XLT in affordable range. It'd still be a "doorbuster" deal, but you'd have almost double the numbers available to reservation holders vs. just the pro itself. Hell, we still don't know.. wave 2 people are pissed and settling for XLT, but they still might get last laugh if the new EV credit somehow passes this year.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Folsom Lake Ford is who I switched to. I don't know for sure, but the sales manager made it sound like they didn't even prioritize their own staff over customers...just went by the reservation timestamp.

EDIT: I forgot...no ADM was only for locals. Don't know what it is for people from outside the area.
According to the video posted the other night, an ADM for one is an ADM for all. I'll keep them in mind. My reservation conversion is quite a long long long way off. Thanks for the information.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I also posted this in another thread, but my theory is that Ford thought the $12.5k EV credit was for sure gonna pass. That's why the XLT is priced $13k higher. W/the EV credit, it would have brought the XLT down to almost $40K, which is what ford was pitching. If EV credit passed, they'd have Pro and XLT in affordable range. It'd still be a "doorbuster" deal, but you'd have almost double the numbers available to reservation holders vs. just the pro itself. Hell, we still don't know.. wave 2 people are pissed and settling for XLT, but they still might get last laugh if the new EV credit somehow passes this year.
yes. But how many pro will be available in 2023 for retail? Not thousands and thousands to match demand. Maybe 250 again? 500? 1000? Meanwhile tax incentive will be cut in half if not 1/4th.

My guess is that ~30-50% of buyers would buy the pro at 39k if it were truly available. Thats 10s of thousands of vehicles. They will never meet demand. Hence the average person will be waiting for-EV-er.

A new tax credit could change things but I think it’s very unlikely now :/. At least Tesla never did something this. When they changed a line over to a particular spec/build, they would fulfill ALL existing orders (ie M3 SR/SR+, MY standard range ). For the unicorn builds (MY LR RWD) they simply never built any. Instead of handing out 500 preferentially and then saying sorry that’s all we can build this year! Better luck next year.
Sponsored

Last edited: