2022 Lariat cargo light wiring harness parts

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
It Sounds like, ur modules have reverted back to original state. Don’t know how that could happen though. That’s how mine worked before any forscan changes were done.
Did you get an OTA update?
No ota updates that I'm aware of, will check tomorrow to see if there's been a change to sync or anything.

Interestingly, when I push the button on the dash to illuminate the light above the back window, the bed lights also come on; same thing happens when activating zone lighting. Seems to only be an issue when I push the switch in the bed.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
No ota updates that I'm aware of, will check tomorrow to see if there's been a change to sync or anything.

Interestingly, when I push the button on the dash to illuminate the light above the back window, the bed lights also come on; same thing happens when activating zone lighting. Seems to only be an issue when I push the switch in the bed.
Sounds like maybe an issue with the switch

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sounds like maybe an issue with the switch
I agree if lights work from inside it must be the switch in the bed. Unless u have a bulb burned out.

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Have anyone been successful adding the Trailer brake controller using non as built? A guy on YouTube did it on his 21. Everything I've read on the forum says to do it using as built? I have a 22 xlt and would like to add it. I'm already tracking the parts I have to order. Non as built seems like an easier method if we can do it that way over as built.

Sponsored

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
I’ve read through this but want to make sure my understanding is correct. If I have the plugs by the bumper all I need to do is order the parts and make the changes in Forscan? I have a XLT so just want to make sure before spending the money since I’ve confirmed the plugs are there.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I’ve read through this but want to make sure my understanding is correct. If I have the plugs by the bumper all I need to do is order the parts and make the changes in Forscan? I have a XLT so just want to make sure before spending the money since I’ve confirmed the plugs are there.
On my Lariat that is exactly how it worked. I do not know if an XLT and a Lariat have the same bed harness though

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA

As noted, I would definitely check the switch. My bed lights have been out for a little while after I brought truck to the dealer. I assumed they reset something in the programming. I was waiting for OTA updates to go through before doing Forscan again (probably didn't matter). I checked and programming was still fine, but my terminals on my harness had corroded, probably salt from the roads. Redid them with better water proofing and all works again.

Long story short, if programming is good, check the wiring/terminals. Latest updates haven't impacted anything (wouldn't expect it to, but who knows).

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
As noted, I would definitely check the switch. My bed lights have been out for a little while after I brought truck to the dealer. I assumed they reset something in the programming. I was waiting for OTA updates to go through before doing Forscan again (probably didn't matter). I checked and programming was still fine, but my terminals on my harness had corroded, probably salt from the roads. Redid them with better water proofing and all works again.

Long story short, if programming is good, check the wiring/terminals. Latest updates haven't impacted anything (wouldn't expect it to, but who knows).
Any recommendations on the water proofing? I was wondering about that myself before installing.

CRFuzz

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
DBA

Sponsored

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It was all I needed for my XLT 301A. The plugs were there and the parts in the List were all I needed with forscan to enable the function.

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
Did you follow the steps on page 2?
Yes the install is easy, honestly it’s the easiest mod I’ve done. I still can’t believe how simple it was. Adding SiriusXM tomorrow and it’s more involved than this. Glad I didn’t do an aftermarket solution.

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yes the install is easy, honestly it’s the easiest mod I’ve done. I still can’t believe how simple it was. Adding SiriusXM tomorrow and it’s more involved than this. Glad I didn’t do an aftermarket solution.

Good to know. I plan on doing this install. Go on days off next so going to order the parts. I've done forscan mods on my ranger before, but it asbuilt which was super easy. It was literally enabled and disable. But since you confirmed it was pretty easy modifying the lines, I'll do it.
Sponsored