First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lariat Powerboost, 2021 Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired AF Fighter Pilot
I have a 2022 Lariat Powerboost and just today it started giving me a 3-tone repeating warning sound when the system is off and the door open. I get no information messages or other signals. Does anyone know what this means? I have checked that with all of the doors are closed and no lights, there is no sound. But when I open a door I start getting the warning sound.
Sponsored

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Check your front light switch

OP
OP
Thunderchief

Thunderchief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AF Fighter Pilot
Check your front light switch
Thank you so much for your help. It was indeed the light switch and I don't how it was moved.

OP
OP
Thunderchief

Thunderchief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AF Fighter Pilot
I did not know the headlight switch could be changed by software but this truck has done a number of screwy things I don't understand. I was driving down a 2-lane road at about 35 mph with nothing in front of or behind me when I got a very loud warbling warning sound and I have no idea what that was about. Sometime I stop at a traffic light and it stays in 8th-gear.

Last edited:

Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
I had this issue happen once again today.

I pulled into the garage, opened the door to see if I was in far enough, cleared the "Not in Park" warning, then after turning the truck off, I got the 3 tone alarm from the headlights magically switching to ON from AUTO. The switch did not get bumped.

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
I’ve had the same issue with the light switch twice now. No way it got bumped.

Correct, you didn't bump the switch:

SSM 51058

2021-2022 F-150 - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in December 2022, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
My truck has done this a couple times on me recently. I’ll get to where I’m going and get alerted with the tri tone warning when I cut the engine and open the door.

Glad to hear it’s an identified issue, wonder what the new switch will be like. New interface or just updated internals?
Sponsored