Sponsored

2022 GMC Sierra AT4X and Denali Ultimate.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
GMC just showed off the AT4X and Denali Ultimate. Both are VERY NICE IMO. but the AT4X STARTS at $74995. The Denali Ultimate starts at $80395.

The MSRP for the Raptor with the 801A High is $71990. You can get the 37" Performance pack added for a total of $79490. I think GMC is just asking too much. Of course you can't even get a Raptor at MSRP so maybe GMC isn't smoking weed here.

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I like the looks except the grill and the goofy tailgate. I also feel the upgraded interior is still lacking compared to Ford and Ram. I am going to miss my bumper steps though :)

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
There is no circumstance where I would take the AT4X over a Raptor or a TRX for that price.
This. The AT4X is the same as the Silverado ZX2... No thanks. Way overpriced for what it is and WTF is up with the crappy leaf springs in the rear on an off-road truck? Among other head-scratchers. Seriously lazy design on this lackluster offering from GM. They're producing for the loyal GM customer, not actually trying to compete with the Raptor. But I do like that GM has shifted to Android for their infotainment system. Ford keeps saying they're doing that, but we're still getting Sync3/4 in all the new vehicles, even the Lightning. Bleh...

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I like the looks except the grill and the goofy tailgate. I also feel the upgraded interior is still lacking compared to Ford and Ram. I am going to miss my bumper steps though :)
It kind of has a Cadillac vibe on the inside to me. Not a fan of how they changed the grill from the 19-21s. They're definitely trying to make it feel like a luxury SUV and not a truck on the inside. I've been a Chevy fan for years, but the current design doesn't match up with my tastes. And I owned a 2019 Silverado. And yeah, the bumper steps were awesome.

Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Come Q1 of 2022 and there's going to be a decent amount of price pressure from Toyota and GM on Ford. It's good for consumers.

I really like the GMC Sierra Denali. It'll have to depend on functional features/options like fuel tank size, etc. Also, worth holding off until 2023 to see what Ford and GM do with their HD pickups.

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Just put a $100 reservation on the Denali Ultimate. I hope I do not switch.

mrpkb

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor Gen2, F250 Tremor 7.3L, BMW X7, BMW M4
The exterior looked better in the previous generation, but the interior is a step up from last gen for sure. At this point seems purely subjective which exterior/interior you prefer, both the Ford’s and GMCs are great trucks. I do believe though that the F150 Limited interior feel beats the Denali Ultimate. Also, in this price class you gotta offer more than a tiny roof window.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I think the Denali interior looks nice I just think it is still lagging in features and function compared to the Ram and the Ford. For me the PB engine and pro power are game changers as well. I agree with @Polo08816 that competition is good not only in price but in quality and it appears from this forum that Ford could use a little push in the quality arena.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
I think the Denali interior looks nice I just think it is still lagging in features and function compared to the Ram and the Ford. For me the PB engine and pro power are game changers as well. I agree with @Polo08816 that competition is good not only in price but in quality and it appears from this forum that Ford could use a little push in the quality arena.
I would agree with the Pro Power On Board which for the non hybrid is really just an OEM inverter.

Other manufacturers should really consider that.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I couldn't imagine towing 9000 some pounds with their 4 cylinder option... I don't think it's terrible looking, but still lacking behind Ford and Ram.

FORDHOSTAGE

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150GEN14
Occupation
Hostage
My work has me diving off road a lot. And NOT just "dirt roads" but steep, rutted, nasty, mountain roads with lots of switchbacks.

My all time favorite truck was the Chevy Full time 4x4 Reg Cab long bed with a 454. That damn thing handled like a sports car!

...until the company gave me a GMC RCSB V8 4x4 with the ABS disabled. What an off road MONSTER! Bone f-ing stock (aside from the disabled ABS) and you'd swear it could climb Half Dome!

From that day on, I would never even consider anything but an RCSB 4x4 V8 for off roading.

But guess who doesn't build an RCSB 4x4 V8 anymore?
EVERYONE BUT Ford.

FORD is AWESOME!
Sponsored