Sponsored

2022 Ford F-150 Production Update Will Axe Adaptive Cruise, Navigation

Boss1309

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Boss 302 Mustang,2010 Taurus, 2022 F150 Plati
Anyone else read this news on Ford authority.

More cuts to content on the 2022 f 150. " Ford decided to essentially drop some non-essential options from the lineup", yea no kidding.

the Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 package (option code 43B), plus Connected Navigation and Connected Built-In Navigation. The Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 package contains a pretty substantial bundle of features, so its absence from the lineup will be felt.

More bad news.
Sponsored

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
Also, assuming this wouldn't affect me as I am scheduled for Production this coming Monday.

I understand that they are trying to get orders out the door, but these cuts are getting ridiculous especially considering the amount they have been crediting for these missing features. The MSRP on my truck is a few hundred shy of 70k and I expect to receive 70k worth of truck.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Also, assuming this wouldn't affect me as I am scheduled for Production this coming Monday.

I understand that they are trying to get orders out the door, but these cuts are getting ridiculous especially considering the amount they have been crediting for these missing features. The MSRP on my truck is a few hundred shy of 70k and I expect to receive 70k worth of truck.
I had a VIN and build date before they announced the Active Motion seat cut, guess what feature will be missing from my truck when I get it?

Nothing is safe until you have the keys in hand.

OP
OP

Boss1309

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Boss 302 Mustang,2010 Taurus, 2022 F150 Plati
yes Bart that's indeed the article.

Sponsored

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
A side effect of this change is that the number of permutations of truck features/modules/options will dramatically increase, making OTA updates even more complicated.

It does make me wonder why Ford's engineering team required such complexity for a feature like a max recline seat. That could be designed without any microcontroller/chips at all, or with a very generic motor controller.

Hopefully the pendulum swings back towards more electromechanical systems that are more easily sourced, diagnosed and repaired.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Hopefully this new Ford update will Not effect my order, I have yet to receive my VIN or scheduled production date. My order was received on January 31, 2022 for a Star White King Ranch 601a with several nice options.
It seems the way the article reads, that it’s a special ordered package that can be included with a lower trim order.
So again, hopefully on my KR 601a it’s a standard option and they’ll leave it on there.

Like everyone else,
you’re paying $70-$80,000 for a nice luxury truck and Ford keeps cutting and removing every nice and unique option off. I guess I’ll make the decision when the dealer calls me and says it’s ready for pick up. I will be looking it over in serious detail of what’s been removed or not operational and if it‘s still worth it to keep the order and purchase the truck. My dealer wanted no money up front to sign so I’m not out anything but “wait time”.

MontanaFred

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
Occupation
AD Air Force
Well, I guess we should expect at least an $18 credit from the almighty Ford Motor Company for this removal.

All seriousness, when I got my VIN and production week my build package changed from assist to active 2.0. I dont know if that is a mistake, glitch or if they just knew they'd be getting rid of it and replaced it with the other. Guess I'll find out when it arrives in the fall.

This is not good news and we all know Ford will stick the customers with the short end. Big decision times are coming.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Well, I guess we should expect at least an $18 credit from the almighty Ford Motor Company for this removal.

All seriousness, when I got my VIN and production week my build package changed from assist to active 2.0. I dont know if that is a mistake, glitch or if they just knew they'd be getting rid of it and replaced it with the other. Guess I'll find out when it arrives in the fall.

This is not good news and we all know Ford will stick the customers with the short end. Big decision times are coming.
Yes, decisions decisions. My order included the Co-pilot360 Active 2.0, so hopefully I’ll have all the options in that $$package but I know the active park assist will be removed along with my multi contour seats (per everyone’s comments and reference)
Time will tell ….so I (we) wait.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Well they credited my WS $365.00 to remove active park assist, do you think the dealer reduced the selling price by that much? Hell no! But then the price went up 3 times since I ordered so how could I bitch?

Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
Well they credited my WS $365.00 to remove active park assist, do you think the dealer reduced the selling price by that much? Hell no! But then the price went up 3 times since I ordered so how could I bitch?
I just don’t understand why my dealer has not contacted me on anything over the last 3 month, surely they get notifications from Ford about the Constraints and to let the customer know the issues and removal request.
I know I am Ford price protected (as I kept the email from my dealer for reassurance and proof) but I know I’ll see those reduced amounts on my window sticker for “Ford‘s” Removals - if I ever get one.

They should just keep every option selected on everyone’s vehicle and if they can’t make them operational now- hopefully maybe at later date than removing them completely with no option to have them installed or added at a later date.
I guess It’s just a messed up situation in a messed up crazy dysfunctional world we live in.

Last edited:

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
Guess by the time I get my truck it will be four wheels and just a chassis. lol

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Pretty soon everyone will be producing Flintstone cars.

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Guess by the time I get my truck it will be four wheels and just a chassis. lol
Yeah, but it'll be a nice chassis.....
Sponsored