• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Interesting that the well above target range was shown again, though that could still just be a very generous estimated based on a lot of low speed driving.

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Interesting that the well above target range was shown again, though that could still just be a very generous estimated based on a lot of low speed driving.
I hope this is another case of Ford under promising and over delivering. Some Mach E owners are reporting 350+ miles in normal driving.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Sierra, 2021 Expedition
Great video and walk around.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
As a Mach E owner we routinely see 350+ miles of around town driving on a single charge, but we only need about 150-200 because we can reach charge every night for routine driving. On the interstate coming home from picking up the car, I was getting 2.5mi/kWh(at typical Texas interstate speeds of 85+ mph), which for the 88kw battery means stopping to charge every 150-180 miles.

I guess they key point I’m trying to make is that when you need range the most, on road trips, is when you don’t get it. This is for all EVs, not just Fords.

If Ford had come out and said the Mach-e would have a 350 mile range, then everyone who bought one thinking they could take a 5 hour road trip without stopping would be bashing them all over social media and the car would be a bust. Instead Ford gave a good range for mixed driving and people are Raving about how awesome it is because it over delivers under the normal use scenario. I think pickup owners are far more interested in longer high speed trips than Mach-E owners, so Ford will continue to be conservative with the range they promise.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
As a Mach E owner we routinely see 350+ miles of around town driving on a single charge, but we only need about 150-200 because we can reach charge every night for routine driving. On the interstate coming home from picking up the car, I was getting 2.5mi/kWh(at typical Texas interstate speeds of 85+ mph), which for the 88kw battery means stopping to charge every 150-180 miles.

I guess they key point I’m trying to make is that when you need range the most, on road trips, is when you don’t get it. This is for all EVs, not just Fords.

If Ford had come out and said the Mach-e would have a 350 mile range, then everyone who bought one thinking they could take a 5 hour road trip without stopping would be bashing them all over social media and the car would be a bust. Instead Ford gave a good range for mixed driving and people are Raving about how awesome it is because it over delivers under the normal use scenario. I think pickup owners are far more interested in longer high speed trips than Mach-E owners, so Ford will continue to be conservative with the range they promise.
To be fair, those are really high speeds and drag increases very very rapidly with speed. 85 mph is way too far over the speed limit anywhere I have ever driven for me to be comfortable at all. Those speeds just mean an instant ticket if you are caught - likely for both speeding and reckless driving.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
To be fair, those are really high speeds and drag increases very very rapidly with speed. 85 mph is way too far over the speed limit anywhere I have ever driven for me to be comfortable at all. Those speeds just mean an instant ticket if you are caught - likely for both speeding and reckless driving.
The speed limit is 80 here, so 85 puts you getting passed by 70% of traffic. But I think you are missing the point of the post. The numbers Ford is giving for range are for mixed highway and city driving. City driving numbers for an EV are going to be drastically higher than highway. Even if I had slowed down to 70, I would have still only had a 200 - 225 mile range for my Mach-E. If someone had bought one ford was advertising as having a 350 mile range thinking they could make the trip home without a stop for charging, they would have been upset.
Sponsored