First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
What are the chances you experience Torque Converter Shudder at 2700 miles? I felt a strange vibration in the gas pedal, wheel, and generally throughout the vehicle while traveling through beech mountain NC. Ill do my best to describe the shudder below:

Vibration started while going between 20mph - 50mph and felt like driving over a rumble strip except my passengers didn't really feel it - I definitely did through the steering wheel and gas pedal. I thought at first it was the road since there was salt all over the road due to snow/ice in the area (roads looked good, no snow/ice but definitely salt). Pulled over to look at tires and didn't see anything, and all gauges were good and no engine codes/lights.

Started back towards the vacation rental and noticed it a little bit more but nothing like the first time. Called dealer and they told me to keep eye on it. Drove for the last 3 days with no issues. Would a torque converter shudder develop that early and then go away as fast as it came? Seems like it would be from something else.

Recently put 2" level and 285/60r20 falken wildpeak tires on but drove the whole way from FL (~500 miles) with no issues and put about 300 miles on them in FL before leaving - no issues.
Sponsored

dspa

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
IT Analyst
Mine has done this pretty consistently since about 3000 miles on the odo. I’m at 6500 now. Happens generally when accelerating at 1/2-3/4 throttle at 40-60mph. Whole truck feels like it’s going over a rumble strip. Have checked FORscan mode 6 for misfires and found none. Can’t spare the weeks of time it would require to have the dealer look at it and tell me either they can’t reproduce it or it’s “normal,” so I’m going to start with a dose of Lubegard Shudder Fixx and see if that helps.