2022 F150 Orders placed in January 2022

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
I'm not sure a VIN means diddly. My first "Sheduled to day" was March 17. It's been bumped 7 times or so. The latest is May 7 and I'm not holding my breath for that one either. I give up.
When did you order?
Sponsored

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Maybe next week… lol

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
F150 XLT Super Cab Stone Grey, 302 A package, center console, sliding rear window. Ordered 1/12. Order confirmed with VIN on 1/17. Build date 3/27, 4/7, 4/11, 4/26, 5/1 , 5/2 Frustrated to say the least...

UPDATE Make that 5/7 now. This is ridiculous.
I ordered on 12/20 and have been bumped six times. Nothing in my build should be holding up my build.

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
I'm not sure a VIN means diddly. My first "Sheduled to day" was March 17. It's been bumped 7 times or so. The latest is May 7 and I'm not holding my breath for that one either. I give up.
It doesn't. I've had a VIN since 1/13 and been rescheduled six times so far.

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired

Sponsored

The Mick

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 4x4 EB max payload package
Didn’t ford just announce they were cutting 500 jobs today? Yes welcome to the ford family. The line for the trucks they can’t build is about 6 months long and the genius management at ford is cutting jobs. They should start with their own. Ford management reminds me of the guys that came up with “New Coke” in the 80’s.

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Well no scheduling email for me today so looks like another week or two. Happy for those that got theirs tho

Nickcdn

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Ordered Jan 8, VIN around Jan 18, blend March 8,16,28, April 8 then April 21.

Window Sticker April 14, blend 21 built Apr 27 and shipped same day.

Lariat 500a 2.7 super crew. Short box white, KC build. No 360 Cam, No Ford Pass 2.0, No retractable running boards.

likely shipped via CP rail through Winnipeg (this is a high volume CP route). Est delivery May 18,2022.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Didn’t ford just announce they were cutting 500 jobs today? Yes welcome to the ford family. The line for the trucks they can’t build is about 6 months long and the genius management at ford is cutting jobs. They should start with their own. Ford management reminds me of the guys that came up with “New Coke” in the 80’s.
They are part of the engineering teams, not production. And it's out of 87,000 US employees.

Man we are really scraping the barrel for any jabs to take at Ford, aren't we?

Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
I see other months are getting threads, so I figured why not start our own.

Order 1/15/22, confirmed same day, no scheduling/vin yet.

What about anyone else that ordered in January?
A friend of mine ordered a F350 Super Duty on January 6th 2020. As of April 27th ,no information other order confirmation he received in mid January.No Vin,No schedule.............

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
Details in signature but ordered 1/26 and confirmed same day. Received the “we’re really trying hard to schedule you” email on 3/18. Nothing else but crickets!

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
I ordered Jan 24th and got confirmation the same day. Silence until April 6th when I got an email that my truck was built. April 8th I got the shipping confirmation with an ETA to the dealer of April 28th - May 4th. Around April 21st I noticed that the Ford app changed from giving me an error when I tried to activate to telling me I needed to pick my truck up at the dealer before activating. The night of April 25th I checked the tracker app for the 500th time and it finally showed shipping complete! The dealer put the truck through detailing on the 26th and it was ready at 1:00 pm. I couldn't get there that day so I went in the morning of the 27th to pick the truck up.

My Order: Platinum, Supercrew, 701A, PowerBoost, 4x4, CCD+Smart scales, Antimatter blue, 5.5 bed, moonroof, work surface

Surprises
1. Ford offered me 0% interest at 60 months despite this offer not showing anywhere online for my region (Seattle area). I used my $1,000 deposit as a down payment and nothing more.
2. The finance guy pushed hard on extended warranty plus other protective crap. His offer was $4850 for 8 years 100k miles and $100 deductible This was twice as expensive as the Granger offer for $0 deductible and the same miles and mileage. I declined.
3. The Big Surprise: I took the truck out with the Salesman after signing all paperwork. It was officially mine. After a short drive, as we were returning to the dealer lot a series of alerts and failures starting going off. All driver assist tech was offline and there was a power train failure. I parked and we got out, I noticed a distinct smell of burning plastic.
- After waiting an hour they came out and said that it was a low voltage issue due to shipping.
- I started for home (45 min drive) and about 5 minutes in, the same period of time as before, all the same alerts go off. I call the salesman and decide to drive home and figure it out tomorrow. I noticed the transmission struggled shifting and when I let off the gas at high speeds the whole truck would chug.
- Got home and smelled burning plastic again. The kids came out and climbed all over the truck for 30 minutes and my wife said the truck was "sparkly" - sun was shining
- Took the kids for a test drive and the only alert was a check engine light.
- The next day check engine light was off, everything worked smooth, transmission felt good, no burning plastic smell after driving.

I don't know what the real issue was. Perhaps some plastic harness or protective item place on the truck for shipping that the dealer didn't remove? The dealer said it was only their 2 PB.

Good luck to all of you still waiting! I hope you wake up some day soon to a notice that your truck is shipping! And if you get a PowerBoost make sure those no extra plastic underneath!

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
Good luck this week on those who haven't received a VIN.
Sponsored