Sponsored

2022 F150 Orders placed in January 2022

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A EB BAP (ordered 1/15)
I see other months are getting threads, so I figured why not start our own.

Order 1/15/22, confirmed same day, no scheduling/vin yet.

What about anyone else that ordered in January?
Sponsored

The Mick

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 4x4 EB max payload package
I ordered January 11. I have a vin number. They say April 26 build date. Seeing is believing.

Warhawk

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tacoma, 2022 Lariat SuperCab ordered
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Ordered 1/21/22. No further news besides order confirmation.

Lariat Super Cab 6 1/2ft 5.0 4x4 502A Agate Black

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Christmas just came in April for me. I ordered on 1/24/22 and have been frustrated with zero updates since my confirmation mail I received the same day. I've been considering what to remove from my order to try and speed things up. Then I check my email and what do I see?

Ford Motor Company
Your 2022 F-150 Platinum Order
Your vehicle has been built.

Wait, what?! Built?!?! But I never got a VIN! My dealer had no updates.
Ford F-150 2022 F150 Orders placed in January 2022 Ford Email

Here is a shot of the options that I chose:
Ford F-150 2022 F150 Orders placed in January 2022 Window_Sticker_Cropped.PNG

To all of you still waiting for news, I hope you find an email like this. What an awesome feeling. I'm going to try and keep it a secret from the wife and kids and just surprise them. Here's to hoping the shipping doesn't get delayed either!

A huge thank you to all of the contributors on this site. Y'all made the wait more bearable.

Now to schedule window tint for the front windows. I'm also considering getting an underbody treatment after seeing the pictures of rust from trucks that were parked outside waiting for delivery. I'm planning to have this truck a long time!

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Christmas just came in April for me. I ordered on 1/24/22 and have been frustrated with zero updates since my confirmation mail I received the same day. I've been considering what to remove from my order to try and speed things up. Then I check my email and what do I see?

Ford Motor Company

Ford Email.png

Window_Sticker_Cropped.PNG

To all of you still waiting for news, I hope you find an email like this. What an awesome feeling. I'm going to try and keep it a secret from the wife and kids and just surprise them. Here's to hoping the shipping doesn't get delayed either!

A huge thank you to all of the contributors on this site. Y'all made the wait more bearable.

Now to schedule window tint for the front windows. I'm also considering getting an underbody treatment after seeing the pictures of rust from trucks that were parked outside waiting for delivery. I'm planning to have this truck a long time!
Congrats!!! That must have been such a rush of enjoyment going from not having a VIN to already built in 1 email haha.

Agree on the underbody treatment, I will for sure be doing this to mine.

Sponsored

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance

Ford Motor Company

Ford Email.png

Window_Sticker_Cropped.PNG

It's crazy to me you have a 701A truck being built with a January order date and people have less optioned trucks from 6 months prior not even scheduled. WTF Ford

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
And my priority code was 19. I think I got lucky by purchasing from a small to mid-size dealer who had low allocation but also very few retail orders. Based on my order number of 003 I suspect I was only the 3rd retail order for the year that the dealer had. I know I've read that allocation plays a part in the process but it's a black box and you can't know what a dealer's allocation is unless they tell you.

But I agree, the system seems whack and the lack of transparency leaves customers frustrated.

PMMePizza

First Name
Hayley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A Oxford White
Occupation
General Manager
402A Tremor, fully optioned (blue cruise, 2.0Kw, spray in bedliner, moonroof, really the works).

Ordered 1/14, confirmation email the same day. Email from Ford in March reminding me that they hadn't scheduled my truck yet but were "doing their best" and nothing else.

Just got an email from my dealer that Active Park Assist 2.0 must be removed or my truck won't get scheduled at all this year. Yay.

I wanted a truck by June, but that seems unlikely now. My mom's brand new Ram 1500 Limited sure is nice . . . and she actually has it.

OP
OP

Bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
402A Tremor, fully optioned (blue cruise, 2.0Kw, spray in bedliner, moonroof, really the works).

Ordered 1/14, confirmation email the same day. Email from Ford in March reminding me that they hadn't scheduled my truck yet but were "doing their best" and nothing else.

Just got an email from my dealer that Active Park Assist 2.0 must be removed or my truck won't get scheduled at all this year. Yay.

I wanted a truck by June, but that seems unlikely now. My mom's brand new Ram 1500 Limited sure is nice . . . and she actually has it.
I am coming from a Chevy. I get discounts from Ford and Chrysler through work and ultimately decided I liked the F150 better. Now I wonder if I would have chosen Ram, I would be driving a new truck by now.

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
Ordered 1/3. No VIN or build date. Dealer corrected the interior color the following week. I added the work surface a week or two later after seeing it in person. I’ve seen a lot of Dec / Jan orders getting build dates so I’ve been praying hard but not holding my breath.
Lariat FX4 501a 3.5EB 3.55 e-locker extended gas tank spray in bed liner.

Sponsored

10DOTSCOTT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD
Jan 17th, confirmation email same day. I have nothing since. Large dealer who "states" they have plenty of allocation. Platinum 701A, PB, PAB

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
Ordered 1/8/22. No Vin. No word. Only hope. Lariat Sport. Powerboost.

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
It's crazy to me you have a 701A truck being built with a January order date and people have less optioned trucks from 6 months prior not even scheduled. WTF Ford
I agree. This is the thing that bothers me. The lack of consistency. If there was an adhered to formula for when these units were built and delivered I think we could all relax a little bit. The randomization of these deliveries makes me furious. When someone next to me in a parking lot has a brand new 2022 that ordered after me and has a more optioned truck (happened) it inspires me to drive to Dearborn and start knocking on doors.

Sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT BAP Ordered
Occupation
Emergency Management
I have yet to receive a VIN as well, and dealer has no update. Ordered 1/4 and received an email from Ford on 3/18 stating there was a delay.

The lack of communications has to be the most frustrating part.

I am currently in a 2019 Ranger lease that is supposed to end June 1, had to go through the process of getting an extension on my lease and got run around from Ford Credit as to why I needed an extension and why I do not have a timeframe, I told them to talk to Ford, they said to talk to dealer and it was a circle of ridiculousness to say the least.

I am not naive to the fact they are having labor and parts shortages but something has to to give.

For the first time ever I am actually looking at Silverado Trail Boss as a backup.

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 & 2022 F150 on order
Occupation
Architect
We got our own thread!

My order was 1/19.
E-mail confirmation 2 days later.
Production delay email a couple weeks ago.
Radio silence otherwise.

I completely understand that the global market is totally hosed and is a nightmere for everyone. I totally get that. The lack of communication when committing to a $70K+ vehicle is not acceptable. Can't blame a communication shortage on the economy / shipping / market / pandemic / potato chip shortage problems! If you don't have parts to build cars maybe you have extra time to communicate!

And while I'm venting. I'm over hearing that something is waiting on a chip or "the chip shortage". I feel like that has become the easy catch all excuse for everything now. It's not like someone's truck is waiting on a lot with an open chip socket under the hood waiting for a guy to come up with a bag of loose microchips and plug 1 in to finish the truck! Sorry, chip vent over.

I have been patient up to this point as I was told it would be about 8 weeks to VIN and 14-20 for delivery when I ordered. Now I am losing that patience and starting to hassle my salesman more for information (that he doesn't ever have). The scheduling posts here or the videos from the KC area ford dealer seem to be the only information I can get that isn't just guessing or speculation.

2 things I just heard in the video this/last week: (Can anyone confirm these)

- Sounds like Ford might not be emailing vin numbers out when scheduled anymore, instead they are waiting until production assumedly not to keep changing dates on people. That is crap if true... Less communication is not better than more.

- Maverics are now going to schedule in order of order date (comidity issues allpy of course) instead of based on what dealer allotments are to catch up. He didn't use the words, but I wonder if this means they were added to the COVP program? Shouldn't this be the way orders are handled anyway? The allotment system seems pretty stupid for custom orders.

Does anyone know if the COVP program (skipping the allotment system and going by date) applies to 2022 orders like they did for 2021 F150 orders? Something I saw here: 2021 COVP Post
Sponsored

Reactions: 780