Sponsored

2022 F150 Lariat, heated seats and steering wheel no longer activate with remote start? Was working fine before

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
My settings are to the last default, however, when cold, remote start will still turn on seat and wheel heaters.

Glad the truck's aren't like the mach-e's -- that thing will cook the hell outta ya.
Sponsored

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
MINE IN MY 2022 DO NOT TURN ON WITH REMOTE START EITHER BUT MY 2019 AND 2020 DID

WISH I KNEW HOW TO FIX THIS!!

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
Ive looked into the why and how of the heating and cooling functions with remote start.
My climate controls are set to auto.
Not sure what the threshold temp is for heating but I have seen them on at 40 degF. I don't have a heated steering wheel but the drivers seat and max defrost do come onat the same time.
I wish the A/C would come on when it's hot out with remote start.

Darrell

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
I also just started noticing this over the past week. Remote start on 2021 XLT ecoboost no longer turns on the heated seats until you actually push the Start button. WTH! What's the point here?

Something screwy is happening.
Same here. Mine has never worked until I actually engage the start button.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
So @dolsen is correct.

I remote started the truck and left it running for a good 5 minutes. Then I approached, unlocked and stepped in and sat down. The seat was warmer! None of the lights for intensity were on. So I sat there and waited. In fact both seats were "warmer." I programmed the passenger to have no heat.

Then I hit the start button. Whooom.....the heated seat cranked to an uncomfortable warmth for me.

Here are some thoughts:

Its possible that there is a 40F triggering point. I don't recall complaints from the wife during the warmer weather days that the heated seats were on. So this must potentially mean the trigger might be there.

Also, there might be different "levels" of remote start heated seat triggers. Today it was a balmy 37F outside, but over Thanksgiving it was freezing and 30+ inches of snow outside. I recall the heated seats were really warm after a grocery store run.

Also, I never really paid attention to *when* the intensity light on heated seats came on, I just knew they were on after driving a bit because the seats were damn hot and I needed to turn it down.

So a bit more testing as temp lower more and then testing again in the spring.

But, remote start heated seat seems to be working, but today is a warmer winter day that the seat isn't blasting against my tender bottom. Definite difference though since I waited 5 minutes before jumping in the seat.

Sponsored

OP
OP

peteryunsie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
So @dolsen is correct.

I remote started the truck and left it running for a good 5 minutes. Then I approached, unlocked and stepped in and sat down. The seat was warmer! None of the lights for intensity were on. So I sat there and waited. In fact both seats were "warmer." I programmed the passenger to have no heat.

Then I hit the start button. Whooom.....the heated seat cranked to an uncomfortable warmth for me.

Here are some thoughts:

Its possible that there is a 40F triggering point. I don't recall complaints from the wife during the warmer weather days that the heated seats were on. So this must potentially mean the trigger might be there.

Also, there might be different "levels" of remote start heated seat triggers. Today it was a balmy 37F outside, but over Thanksgiving it was freezing and 30+ inches of snow outside. I recall the heated seats were really warm after a grocery store run.

Also, I never really paid attention to *when* the intensity light on heated seats came on, I just knew they were on after driving a bit because the seats were damn hot and I needed to turn it down.

So a bit more testing as temp lower more and then testing again in the spring.

But, remote start heated seat seems to be working, but today is a warmer winter day that the seat isn't blasting against my tender bottom. Definite difference though since I waited 5 minutes before jumping in the seat.

Hmmm, mine are always cold now. When I first got the truck and used remote start and the heated seats were turning on with it, the seats were WARM, and it was probably around 60 ish degrees outside. Its been getting pretty cold at night too now, around 50 degrees(cold for so cal lol) (colder than it was about 2 months ago) and I usually remote start my car when I leave work to walk to my truck and its about a 6-7 minute walk and the seats are cold, but the air is blowing hot.

If I remember correctly too, I might be mistaken but the heated seat intensity lights were on when I entered my car after remote start before I even pushed the start button. I keep seeing there are certain temps the heated seats will turn on with the vehicle, but they were working 2 months ago with weather being around 60-65 deg F in the morning

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Hmmm, mine are always cold now. When I first got the truck and used remote start and the heated seats were turning on with it, the seats were WARM, and it was probably around 60 ish degrees outside. Its been getting pretty cold at night too now, around 50 degrees(cold for so cal lol) (colder than it was about 2 months ago) and I usually remote start my car when I leave work to walk to my truck and its about a 6-7 minute walk and the seats are cold, but the air is blowing hot.

If I remember correctly too, I might be mistaken but the heated seat intensity lights were on when I entered my car after remote start before I even pushed the start button. I keep seeing there are certain temps the heated seats will turn on with the vehicle, but they were working 2 months ago with weather being around 60-65 deg F in the morning

Definitely something changed in the programming. I swear that the intensity heat lights were on before I hit the button AND the heat was uncomfortably WARM.

I can see a potential threshold being added to trigger various levels of heated seats (need to test colder temps), but doesn't factor in for regions of "COLD" or personal preference. But what's obvious is that the heated seat warmth cranks quickly to the my default HIGH setting once the truck is started.

OP
OP

peteryunsie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
Definitely something changed in the programming. I swear that the intensity heat lights were on before I hit the button AND the heat was uncomfortably WARM.

I can see a potential threshold being added to trigger various levels of heated seats (need to test colder temps), but doesn't factor in for regions of "COLD" or personal preference. But what's obvious is that the heated seat warmth cranks quickly to the my default HIGH setting once the truck is started.
Yeah something definitely happened. The only thing I can think of that might've messed with it, is that I had some subs and amp installed, and I'm sure they messed with the battery to get everything hooked up which might've screwed with something?

Edit: Good thing is that seat warmers heat up quick, but still would like that function back.

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
This discussion brings to light a bunch of inconsistencies in otherwise identical trucks with assumingly the same updates.
When I remote start in cold weather I get drivers seat heat and either the def or max def turns on...can't figure out why it chooses one over the other but sometimes one then next time the other. But my heater isn't on....but I may not be waiting quite long enough for the engine coolant to reach that threshold.

Darrell

Last edited:

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
More directly, the heated seat intensity light on the middle console isn't lit to 3 bars like it normally is when it use to work. Its off, until the push button start is engaged.

This is my indication that heated seats on remote start is no longer working in the manner it use to work.
To be clear, in my 2022, if I have the Seat and Steering Wheel set to Auto on remote start, if temp is below about 60, they come on, BUT they do NOT light up, until you move from remote start to full start by stepping on the brake and hitting the start button. Neither does the AC lights, or anything else during remote start, even though it is all running (as needed depending on ambient temp).

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I also just started noticing this over the past week. Remote start on 2021 XLT ecoboost no longer turns on the heated seats until you actually push the Start button. WTH! What's the point here?
Same. They used to be on with remote start. Now not until I push the start button.

My settings are to the last default, however, when cold, remote start will still turn on seat and wheel heaters.
I have mine set to 'last settings' I always make a point to turn my defrost to Max and have the seat heater all the way up before I turn off the truck.

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
It was 10 degrees at my home here in Colorado this morning. I parked the truck outside last night to test the theories mentioned in this thread. I remote started, letting it run for 7 minutes. I can confirm that the heated seats and heated wheel did not activate until I pressed start.

In cold temps It does take a few minutes to detect the heated seats, but I can always feel the wheel heat almost immediately. Both were literally ice cold.

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
just to add, i thought if the temp was below 60, seat warmers and heated steering wheel come on.

when i remote start, i usually give the truck 5 min or so. When i get in both the drivers seat and steering wheel have heat but there is no indicating lights until i press the brake and start the truck.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
either the def or max def turns on...can't figure out why it chooses one over the other but sometimes one then next time the other
Humidity sensor doing its job to set the load, I imagine.

if temp is below about 60, they come on, BUT they do NOT light up, until you move from remote start to full start by stepping on the brake and hitting the start button. Neither does the AC lights, or anything else during remote start, even though it is all running (as needed depending on ambient temp).
I'll emphasize this, because I feel like some may have problems, but some may be thinking because the buttons aren't illuminated the feature isn't on. I always noted that the HVAC panel has no lights on, but functions are active. I don't do the seat heater, but rear window defrost lines are already warming when I get in the cab, but light is off. In the summer this was also evident by the seat fans blowing audibly on max, but no lights were illuminated on the panel until the ignition was pressed.

Also, FYI on remote start you don't have to step on the brake. Good for if you use Easy Entry/Exit and your seat is back.

Itsatruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat SC
When I remote started my 22 Lariat a few months ago the heated seats and steering wheel would heat up and the appropriate lights were lit up on the controls.

Those functions have ceased to work and the controls are no longer lit up when I remote start after my truck got an OTA update on 17 September.
Sponsored