Sponsored

2022 F150 Lariat, heated seats and steering wheel no longer activate with remote start? Was working fine before

peteryunsie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
I'm having an issue with my heated seats and steering wheel not turning on any more with the remote start. I have had me vehicle for about 2 months now. When I first got the vehicle, the heated seats would turn on fine and it wasn't as cold as is it now. I'm reading some other posts saying that it has to be 23 degrees to activate, but my seats and steering wheel were working at temps way higher than that. Any one know what could be the cause?
Sponsored

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Mine has never turned on the steering wheel or seats after a remote start with AUTO as the setting. At some point I think there was a TSB to reprogram something to get them to come on but I didn't look to have that done.

OP
OP

peteryunsie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
I see, yeah I tried looking on this forum before posting but most of the issues I found were that they never worked at all. Mine did work but now it stopped working. What is a TSB?

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I also just started noticing this over the past week. Remote start on 2021 XLT ecoboost no longer turns on the heated seats until you actually push the Start button. WTH! What's the point here?

I'm on 3.5.2 and haven't had an OTA update since August '22. I know the seats were heating up before getting into the truck because I always tease my wife on whether her butt was hot enough.
I know the remote start heated seats during hot temperatures was a thing because my wife found it odd that her seats were hot in the summer.

Something screwy is happening.

Reactions: 780

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I am assuming you didn't mess with any of the auto climate controls in the remote start settings?

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I am assuming you didn't mess with any of the auto climate controls in the remote start settings?
I went back to check as well and the settings were the same. I also switched the settings...and then switched them back to my preference just in case something recently over-wrote them. Still ...heated seats aren't turning on on remote start until you get in and hit start.

OP
OP

peteryunsie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
I also just started noticing this over the past week. Remote start on 2021 XLT ecoboost no longer turns on the heated seats until you actually push the Start button. WTH! What's the point here?

I'm on 3.5.2 and haven't had an OTA update since August '22. I know the seats were heating up before getting into the truck because I always tease my wife on whether her butt was hot enough.
I know the remote start heated seats during hot temperatures was a thing because my wife found it odd that her seats were hot in the summer.

Something screwy is happening.
Yeah my seats were turning on with remote start at maybe like 60 degrees in the morning. I live in So Cal

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I went back to check as well and the settings were the same. I also switched the settings...and then switched them back to my preference just in case something recently over-wrote them. Still ...heated seats aren't turning on on remote start until you get in and hit start.
I do not have the heated steering wheel, but with my heated seats, mine usually still feel a little cool when I first sit in them but very quickly heat up. I *think* this is caused by lack of heat transfer from the heating pad to the leather. When you aren't sitting in the seat, contact between the two isn't as complete as when you are sitting there, and whatever air is in between the leather and the pad when there is no body weight, will require convective/radiant heat transfer as opposed to conductive when you are sitting, creating more complete contact.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I do not have the heated steering wheel, but with my heated seats, mine usually still feel a little cool when I first sit in them but very quickly heat up. I *think* this is caused by lack of heat transfer from the heating pad to the leather. When you aren't sitting in the seat, contact between the two isn't as complete as when you are sitting there, and whatever air is in between the leather and the pad when there is no body weight, will require convective/radiant heat transfer as opposed to conductive when you are sitting, creating more complete contact.
More directly, the heated seat intensity light on the middle console isn't lit to 3 bars like it normally is when it use to work. Its off, until the push button start is engaged.

This is my indication that heated seats on remote start is no longer working in the manner it use to work.

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I thought that I was going crazy... mine definitely used to come on with remote start, but now doesn't.

I am on Power-Up 3.5.2... I believe that is when it broke.

OP
OP

peteryunsie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
I thought that I was going crazy... mine definitely used to come on with remote start, but now doesn't.

I am on Power-Up 3.5.2... I believe that is when it broke.
Weird, I don't think my truck updated. Or at least I never saw anything stating it did. I didn't have auto updates on till about a few days ago because I am trying to get that update to get full screen carplay.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
More directly, the heated seat intensity light on the middle console isn't lit to 3 bars like it normally is when it use to work. Its off, until the push button start is engaged.

This is my indication that heated seats on remote start is no longer working in the manner it use to work.
I don't believe my lights have ever been on without starting the truck

EDIT: a quick sanity check would be to sit in the seat for about 30-60s before starting the truck to see if the seats are warm

OP
OP

peteryunsie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
I don't believe my lights have ever been on without starting the truck

EDIT: a quick sanity check would be to sit in the seat for about 30-60s before starting the truck to see if the seats are warm
My lights were on for the seat climate when I just did the remote start and when the heated seats worked with the remote start

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
My lights were on for the seat climate when I just did the remote start and when the heated seats worked with the remote start
Well try sitting in them for a minute or so before you press the push button start. That will tell you if they are working or not
Sponsored