Sponsored

2022 F150 EcoBoost rattle on cold start up.

Leo

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 eco boost
Just had truck delivery on Wednesday. Go out to start and this atrocious rattle while cold. When it warms seems to go away. This is not a good thing for a brand new truck. The internet is on fire with this issue dating back ten years! Most say it's a defect in the Cam Phaser/VCT requiring major surgery to repair. It is more than concerning to think that FORD would release a new model year with a known problem. Calling dealer tomorrow to check it out. But I’m not a happy guy since the 2017 I traded was in perfect condition. Ford don’t make me regret this purchase!!

Ford F-150 2022 F150 EcoBoost rattle on cold start up. EA3CE468-4A74-4DAD-9638-4D55B1D325E2
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just had truck delivery on Wednesday. Go out to start and this atrocious rattle while cold. When it warms seems to go away. This is not a good thing for a brand new truck. The internet is on fire with this issue dating back ten years! Most say it's a defect in the Cam Phaser/VCT requiring major surgery to repair. It is more than concerning to think that FORD would release a new model year with a known problem. Calling dealer tomorrow to check it out. But I’m not a happy guy since the 2017 I traded was in perfect condition. Ford don’t make me regret this purchase!!

EA3CE468-4A74-4DAD-9638-4D55B1D325E2.jpeg
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

Mdhfinsc

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Tech

I just got a 2022 ford F150 3.5L too. It rattles a lot when it’s cold outside. Also mine has a rough idle. And vibration when in speeds above 60-75. Sometimes even at lower speeds. And when you park. The trucks goes into a rough idle. Cabin vibrates. Armrest. Pedals. It’s just bad for a 60K. Did the dealer resolve your issue ? What was the outcome. I am not a happy buyer neither since I traded in my perfectly running 2018 F150. I am in the same boat.

mdomicolo

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F-150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Union Electrician
I am having the same issue with my brand new 22’ 3.5 eco. 1000 miles on it and it rattles on start up.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Turbo wastegate?
Or the dreaded cam phaser issue that was apparently resolved?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am having the same issue with my brand new 22’ 3.5 eco. 1000 miles on it and it rattles on start up.
Good morning! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this rattle concern. Thanks!

Jshaggy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 xlt
Occupation
Electrician

I just bought a 22 In March, unfortunately I think It was a bad decision. It has been to the dealer twice in 4000 kilometres. It runs super rough , the brakes make a loud clicking noise when depressed, there is also a grinding noise when letting off the accelerator when cold. All of which the ford dealer says they cannot replicate.
Sponsored