Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I have questions..... Did you fix the All-Pass filters from the factory on this setup or add a Zen later?
I'm just the consumer of the SQ build, so my "expertise" is my best effort to understand what was chosen by the builder.
It was a previous version truck (2018) and I insisted on keeping Sync as my interface, rather than an aftermarket head unit. As a result they kept the factory amp "in play", as you see on the far right.
I honestly don't know what was required to overcome allowing the oem amp and Sync unit from having a negative influence. You probably do though. :)

The Masconi Aerospace was nestled away under the seat and I never touched it in 3+ years. I travel cross country pulling RV and toys and often spent 10-15 hours in the cockpit. Zero listening fatigue, although I'm an old man and don't really crank it much. The soundproofing was magnificent and the stage was incredible.

What you audio geniuses are capable of these days is just mind boggling. :)

I have great respect.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
I'm just the consumer of the SQ build, so my "expertise" is my best effort to understand what was chosen by the builder.
It was a previous version truck (2018) and I insisted on keeping Sync as my interface, rather than an aftermarket head unit. As a result they kept the factory amp "in play", as you see on the far right.
I honestly don't know what was required to overcome allowing the oem amp and Sync unit from having a negative influence. You probably do though. :)

The Masconi Aerospace was nestled away under the seat and I never touched it in 3+ years. I travel cross country pulling RV and toys and often spent 10-15 hours in the cockpit. Zero listening fatigue, although I'm an old man and don't really crank it much. The soundproofing was magnificent and the stage was incredible.

What you audio geniuses are capable of these days is just mind boggling. :)

I have great respect.
Interesting... With the Aerospace, it can be done to retain the stock amplifier, but with the factory signal having all-pass filters, it is not normal. I would be curious to see a screenshot of the Mosconi settings to make sure this is done or how they did it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting... With the Aerospace, it can be done to retain the stock amplifier, but with the factory signal having all-pass filters, it is not normal. I would be curious to see a screenshot of the Mosconi settings to make sure this is done or how they did it.
Does this help in any way?
Note that the fella who put the proposal together may have accurately described what was actually done, but he was not the audio engineer that did the system. So it's possible that the final product deviated from what's stated below.

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 Tremor Custom High-End Focal Stereo Audio System Upgrade mobiletoys3.PNG

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Does this help in any way?
Note that the fella who put the proposal together may have accurately described what was actually done, but he was not the audio engineer that did the system. So it's possible that the final product deviated from what's stated below.

mobiletoys3.PNG
Interesting, on your truck with the B&O, he could not have used the AP4-FD21 as that is for Sony systems. Maybe he manually setup the Aerospace to do this. If the system/DSP was done within the past 12 months, it has the capability but if the system is any older, it could not have been corrected using the Aerospace.

Nice gear by the way!! I was just confused and honestly concered that you could have much more potential in your system.

This is why we use a Nav-TV ZenA2B in these trucks:

"An all-pass filter is a signal processing filter that passes all frequencies equally in gain, but changes the phase relationship among various frequencies. Most types of filter reduce the amplitude (i.e. the magnitude) of the signal applied to it for some values of frequency, whereas the all-pass filter allows all frequencies through without changes in level."

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting, on your truck with the B&O, he could not have used the AP4-FD21 as that is for Sony systems. Maybe he manually setup the Aerospace to do this. If the system/DSP was done within the past 12 months, it has the capability but if the system is any older, it could not have been corrected using the Aerospace.

Nice gear by the way!! I was just confused and honestly concered that you could have much more potential in your system.

This is why we use a Nav-TV ZenA2B in these trucks:

"An all-pass filter is a signal processing filter that passes all frequencies equally in gain, but changes the phase relationship among various frequencies. Most types of filter reduce the amplitude (i.e. the magnitude) of the signal applied to it for some values of frequency, whereas the all-pass filter allows all frequencies through without changes in level."
It's true that part number was for a Sony, which is why I knew that they accomplished whatever they did, but not sure that part number was correct.
I also wouldn't be surprised if things have changed since late 2017, when the build was done. Nor would I be surprised if there was untapped potential as a result.

Regardless, I was drawn to the thread based on the components selected because I was truly a happy listener with similar gear. I meant it 100% complimentary!

I sold the truck with the system just short of a year ago. The new owner is enjoying my bucketlist build. :)

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
It's true that part number was for a Sony, which is why I knew that they accomplished whatever they did, but not sure that part number was correct.
I also wouldn't be surprised if things have changed since late 2017, when the build was done. Nor would I be surprised if there was untapped potential as a result.

Regardless, I was drawn to the thread based on the components selected because I was truly a happy listener with similar gear. I meant it 100% complimentary!

I sold the truck with the system just short of a year ago. The new owner is enjoying my bucketlist build. :)
Got it, I was hoping to guide you into better sound!! Glad you enjoyed it and hope the new owner is also!

Thanks again for checking out the build and one day we hope you get a chance to experience what we do in person.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
$3000+
ROFL
Lol…..$3000.00 might pay for the 8-12 Aerospace processor and the custom A-Pillars but that’s about it.

That + is what’s scary.

When it comes to custom car audio work done by a shop that really knows what they’re doing and takes pride in their work……..as the old saying goes…..You have to pay to play.

Last edited:

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Ummm, I think you need to double that price. Lol

The 8-12 Aerospace processor alone is $1;500.00, the Zen interface module is close to $1K.
The Focal speakers and sound matt was not cheap either. You get what you pay for. Some people will never understand.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Ummm, I think you need to double that price. Lol

The 8-12 Aerospace processor alone is $1;500.00, the Zen interface module is close to $1K.
The Focal speakers and sound matt was not cheap either. You get what you pay for. Some people will never understand.
I 100% agree.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
For those wondering how this price is broken down and a more complete list of gear. I'm not listing this exact package as it was a one-off, but the price is pretty much identical.

Also, these prices could change tomorrow and should not reflect current prices years down the road :)

Focal PS165F3E Flax Series 3-way Component Kit (Front) - $1000
Focal PC165FE Flax EVO Series 6.5-inch 2-Way Coaxial Speaker Kit (Rear) - $450
4 x Blackhole MAT Three Layer (4.5mm thick) Damping Material (Per Sheet) - $89 Each
2 x Blackhole Tiles Acoustical Absorption Pads (Total of 144 Tiles, 72 per box, 36 per door) - $330 Each
2 x Mosconi Pro Series 530 Amplifiers - $2300 Each
Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace - $1700
Mosconi RTC-2 Remote Sub Control - $60
Mosconi RTC-HUB Analog Break Out Controller - $130
Nav-TV ZEN-A2B Integration - $720
Custom Made Nav-TV RCA Output Plug with Straight Wire RCA Tips - $80
PAC Audio APH-FD02 Speaker Harness - $39.95
Custom Level 5 Subwoofer Enclosure with Subwoofers - $1789.96
Front 6.5-inch + 6.5-Inch Rear Speaker Adapters - $162.00
Block Off Plates Front & Rear - $130
Factory Mount Amplifier Rack - $150
1/0 Gauge Full Length 100% OFC Custom Power/Ground Kit - $485.95
2 x iConnects Distribution Blocks - $34.99 Each
2 x LittleFuse Midi Fuses - $3 Each
8 x 4 Gauge 100% OFC Copper Cabling for Amplifier Rack - $3.99 per ft
60 x iConnects 16ga Speaker Wire (Mid-Range + Tweeters) - $0.58 per ft - 34.8
12 x Custom Made Straight Wire RCA Cables - $15 Each
Custom Made 3-Way Component Speaker A-Pillars with OEM Pillars/Handles - $1,585.00

Total price in just gear, no labor: $14,421.69

shtraver

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 FX4, 2021 f150 lariat sport 5L
For those wondering how this price is broken down and a more complete list of gear. I'm not listing this exact package as it was a one-off, but the price is pretty much identical.

Also, these prices could change tomorrow and should not reflect current prices years down the road :)

Focal PS165F3E Flax Series 3-way Component Kit (Front) - $1000
Focal PC165FE Flax EVO Series 6.5-inch 2-Way Coaxial Speaker Kit (Rear) - $450
4 x Blackhole MAT Three Layer (4.5mm thick) Damping Material (Per Sheet) - $89 Each
2 x Blackhole Tiles Acoustical Absorption Pads (Total of 144 Tiles, 72 per box, 36 per door) - $330 Each
2 x Mosconi Pro Series 530 Amplifiers - $2300 Each
Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace - $1700
Mosconi RTC-2 Remote Sub Control - $60
Mosconi RTC-HUB Analog Break Out Controller - $130
Nav-TV ZEN-A2B Integration - $720
Custom Made Nav-TV RCA Output Plug with Straight Wire RCA Tips - $80
PAC Audio APH-FD02 Speaker Harness - $39.95
Custom Level 5 Subwoofer Enclosure with Subwoofers - $1789.96
Front 6.5-inch + 6.5-Inch Rear Speaker Adapters - $162.00
Block Off Plates Front & Rear - $130
Factory Mount Amplifier Rack - $150
1/0 Gauge Full Length 100% OFC Custom Power/Ground Kit - $485.95
2 x iConnects Distribution Blocks - $34.99 Each
2 x LittleFuse Midi Fuses - $3 Each
8 x 4 Gauge 100% OFC Copper Cabling for Amplifier Rack - $3.99 per ft
60 x iConnects 16ga Speaker Wire (Mid-Range + Tweeters) - $0.58 per ft - 34.8
12 x Custom Made Straight Wire RCA Cables - $15 Each
Custom Made 3-Way Component Speaker A-Pillars with OEM Pillars/Handles - $1,585.00

Total price in just gear, no labor: $14,421.69
beautiful build. I have a quick question, I have a Zen A2B in my truck as well and I'm getting a bit of a ground loop sound coming from my DSP. I have my two amps, DSP all connected to battery ground. Should I try connecting the Zen A2B to that ground as well? Currently I am using the ground that was for the B&O amp. Just want to know your thoughts on this? May try jumper to switch grounds around to test.

Thank you

OP
OP
SoundsGoodStereo

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
beautiful build. I have a quick question, I have a Zen A2B in my truck as well and I'm getting a bit of a ground loop sound coming from my DSP. I have my two amps, DSP all connected to battery ground. Should I try connecting the Zen A2B to that ground as well? Currently I am using the ground that was for the B&O amp. Just want to know your thoughts on this? May try jumper to switch grounds around to test.

Thank you

All aftermarket electronics (DSP, Amplifiers, Relays, etc) need to be connected to the power + ground that you run front to back to power the system. You should not use any factory grounds in these trucks. This should resolve your issues.
Sponsored