cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
I’m so confused right now.

my truck has been built since March but on chip hold.

my dealer just called and told me that my truck will not be coming with the Active Motion Seats. I said I thought my truck was already built with them and just waiting chips. She said the memo she received said it would be removed.

@GrangerChip, I know I didn’t order from you guys but you have been the most forthcoming on information. Does it make sense that my Platinum built in March would not have the active Motion seats?
Sounds like she is confused. The memo stated it applied to vehicles not scheduled. The window sticker shows a credit if the seats are removed.

Here is to you getting good news. 🥃
Sponsored

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Sounds like she is confused. The memo stated it applied to vehicles not scheduled. The window sticker shows a credit if the seats are removed.

Here is to you getting good news. 🥃
Yea that’s what I thought too, but she said the window stickers will update to reflect it after it comes off chip hold. My active park still shows too.
Sounds like she doesn’t really know and just calling everyone with a Platinum

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
I’m so confused right now.

my truck has been built since March but on chip hold.

my dealer just called and told me that my truck will not be coming with the Active Motion Seats. I said I thought my truck was already built with them and just waiting chips. She said the memo she received said it would be removed.

@GrangerChip, I know I didn’t order from you guys but you have been the most forthcoming on information. Does it make sense that my Platinum built in March would not have the active Motion seats?
Check your window sticker. Mine has been updating daily for a week now. My blend date was 4/5 but it has been in production since 4/4. My window sticker still says seats with active motion. I assume that they would remove it if it had been deleted from the truck like they did when they removed my park assist but who knows how long before they will do that.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Check your window sticker. Mine has been updating daily for a week now. My blend date was 4/5 but it has been in production since 4/4. My window sticker still says seats with active motion. I assume that they would remove it if it had been deleted from the truck like they did when they removed my park assist but who knows how long before they will do that.
Yea I did go and look at it and it’s still there. But park assist is also still on my sticker. The dealer told me it wouldn’t update again until the build was complete and that it would reflect it then.

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
Yea I did go and look at it and it’s still there. But park assist is also still on my sticker. The dealer told me it wouldn’t update again until the build was complete and that it would reflect it then.

This sounds so weird. It took a week for my active park assist removal to show up in my Window Sticker after the announcement. Then again the WS only was updating weekly back then. In the ford vehicle order tracking it took two weeks to change. Now my WS is updating daily so I assumed that if they were changing anything that it would show up when today's WS is generated.

I have been on hold now since 4/8/22 and if they pull my carmelo massage seats and the rest of this stuff I will be very upset.

Reasons for me ordering platinum were 1) Carmelo seats 2) active prep package (including park assist which is what first got me interested in the f150 over f250) 3)Massage feature and a distant 4th)power running boards and tailgate combo was cheaper on Platinum high package with the aforementioned options than as separate add-ons in Lariat high package with slate interior.

Ordered 8/28/22. Passed up several Lariat PB Smoked Quartz 502a Screws WITH the Active prep including park assist just a month or two after I ordered cause I wanted the whole package. I hope they don't try and strip my truck.

Sponsored

StacieZ

First Name
Stacie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F-150, 18 Shelby GT350, 69 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Retired
We had a. 2021 Platinum F150 701A package on order with additional upgrades from Bowen Scarff since summer 2021. On 10/21 it was updated to a 2022. We’ve heard nothing other than the Ford email blast. My retired husband took a job for 17 months (so far, he’s still working) to purchase this truck cash. I felt we weren’t going to get his build as ordered. This is probably his last truck, so I found a truck at Sound Ford in Renton, WA that had all the same options, a few additional, except it didn’t have the locking box in the console and it is Carbonized Gray Metallic instead of Rapid Red. We were told it was a custom order by a customer that canceled on it.

He has accepted the color change and it’s paid for. We over paid sticker price, but oh well. He’s happy and deserves it. Since we overpaid, he’s working a few more months to pay for a few options he planned on adding like mud flaps, metal tonneau cover, 3m coating in front, etc.

Good luck to all you dudes still waiting.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
New here, and just ordered a 22 F150 Platinum white 701a with black package. I read through this thread on my phone and may have missed the answer. What exactly does "removal" mean? Does it mean all mechanical parts are still installed, and just a chip is missing? And specifically, what does multicontour seat removal mean? Does it still come with the Platinum (Black) full leather seats, just without the massage capability, or does it mean the entire Platinum interior is deleted and it's coming with something like the Lariat interior?

Again, thinking about the start/stop, parking assist, and multicontour seats. Is everything there, except the chip? Or are the buttons and all mechanical parts also not installed?

Personally, I don't think I'll miss the start/stop. I don't think I'll ever use the active park. But I definitely want the Platinum leather seats that are shown in the pictures.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
New here, and just ordered a 22 F150 Platinum white 701a with black package. I read through this thread on my phone and may have missed the answer. What exactly does "removal" mean? Does it mean all mechanical parts are still installed, and just a chip is missing? And specifically, what does multicontour seat removal mean? Does it still come with the Platinum (Black) full leather seats, just without the massage capability, or does it mean the entire Platinum interior is deleted and it's coming with something like the Lariat interior?

Again, thinking about the start/stop, parking assist, and multicontour seats. Is everything there, except the chip? Or are the buttons and all mechanical parts also not installed?

Personally, I don't think I'll miss the start/stop. I don't think I'll ever use the active park. But I definitely want the Platinum leather seats that are shown in the pictures.
It's the Platinum seats without the air bladder Active Motion system.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
We had a. 2021 Platinum F150 701A package on order with additional upgrades from Bowen Scarff since summer 2021. On 10/21 it was updated to a 2022. We’ve heard nothing other than the Ford email blast. My retired husband took a job for 17 months (so far, he’s still working) to purchase this truck cash. I felt we weren’t going to get his build as ordered. This is probably his last truck, so I found a truck at Sound Ford in Renton, WA that had all the same options, a few additional, except it didn’t have the locking box in the console and it is Carbonized Gray Metallic instead of Rapid Red. We were told it was a custom order by a customer that canceled on it.

He has accepted the color change and it’s paid for. We over paid sticker price, but oh well. He’s happy and deserves it. Since we overpaid, he’s working a few more months to pay for a few options he planned on adding like mud flaps, metal tonneau cover, 3m coating in front, etc.

Good luck to all you dudes still waiting.
The locking console is availble on the open market. I think you ca get it for less than Ford.

At least the start stop delete I beleive the button is omitted from
the dash.

chance4

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Honda Accord EX-L
Has anyone heard if any of these options that are now being removed will be able to be installed at a later date? Specifically the multicontour seats, max recline, and adaptive steering?

I placed an order 2/12/22 for a Carbonized gray, Platinum Powerboost, Black appearance package, high package and all. I received an email last week that all parts are secured and it would be put into production the week of 6/6/22. My dealer is saying delivery has been about a month to a month and a half from the week of build date to Boise, ID. Anyone else have any idea how long delivery takes?

I really love everything about the truck, however with all of the removals I am tempted to wait until 2023. The word is the chip shortage will be better by next year. The other thing is they really aren't giving much of a discount for taking these options away, pretty frustrating! Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm having a hard time wanting to pay that much money without everything I want.

Sponsored

Heavy63

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (hopefully)
Hello! i placed an order last week for an XLT mid with ford copilot assist 2.0. The day after I placed the order my dealer called and said we were losing the active copilot. It was over the phone so it wasn’t super clear but he said we would lose adaptive cruise control and lane centering.
This seems distinct from the changes on the first page of this thread, but there are a lot of different options and I struggle to interpret all the differences. curious if anyone has heard about this or could shed light on it.
Attached our order build.
Ford F-150 2022 F-150 Product Offering Changes 0C3EB048-F355-403A-BEB9-865F94DF3CBE

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
Has anyone heard if any of these options that are now being removed will be able to be installed at a later date? Specifically the multicontour seats, max recline, and adaptive steering?
I've been wondering the same thing. Can we later add these missing features? So far I've not seen any thread specifically to retrofitting the multicontour, max recline, or adaptive steering OR the active park assist.

Now that pretty much every single F150 that's about to go down the line will not have any of those options. I think it's time to start some new threads. We got some work ahead of us all.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I'm under the impression that any options including the word "removal" is in fact a removal, not subject to a retrofit later. I'd imagine they would have used the word retrofit if that were the case. Maybe people will be able to add those features second hand like others have done with lighting.

CHRISHOUSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 Platinum (64k miles for sale) 2022 pend
I've been wondering the same thing. Can we later add these missing features? So far I've not seen any thread specifically to retrofitting the multicontour, max recline, or adaptive steering OR the active park assist.

Now that pretty much every single F150 that's about to go down the line will not have any of those options. I think it's time to start some new threads. We got some work ahead of us all.
FWIW, my salesman said he asked that question specifically about active park assist and he said he was told by ford rep the chip could be added later and that feature activated. I asked him about cost and he said he could not promise ford would add the chip back for the same price they credited us. Not sure how good of a source the salesman had, so I would take that as the gospel.

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
Cancelled my order after Ford yanked features I wanted from my build with no options of alternative. - Ford clearly doesn't have their act together. And after finding out I was also deprioritized on my F150 Lightning for reservations made 6+ months after mine who were able to order in Wave 1 pretty much validated my decision. Ford doesn't deserve $80-90K of my money when they can treat customers so poorly.

Decided to go a different route and ordered something else. I got a target delivery date (6 week window) scheduled within 24 hours. If people are willing to consider other than Ford, I recommend checking out options. Obviously your mileage may vary...

Wishing everyone luck in their desired path.
Sponsored