Sponsored

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I think I'll keep my Platinum order on the books for now. I'll wait and see if the MY23 put some of the feature back in the truck. If they do I'll drop the MY22 order. If not, I guess I might just as well order a MY 23 Lariat.
Sponsored

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
Question regarding the Multi Contour Seats with Active Motion. With the forced delete is it just the air bladders mechanism that is removed or is the entire seat a different design? Will the seats look different?
This is an excellent point I'm struggling with as well. I ordered X, and now I have no idea what I'm going to get, whenever Ford decides to build what I ordered.

How do you not start shopping elsewhere for something other than Ford knowing this is happening, I don't know. Personally, I'm rethinking the entire purchase.

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
This is not meant to be political, please read this with those filters. Sometimes politicians will leak something to gauge reactions. Ford, if you are looking for a reaction, I for one will make mine very public.

I agree, there are no easy answers for our current situation. I can say without reservation that Ford has managed this crisis VERY poorly. There are some things you can control, some things you can't. The problem that I have is that they have not managed the "controlables." There are no constraints on communication.

When I ordered my truck, the dealership entered my email incorrectly. Months later, when I took it upon myself to contact Ford, the rep was nice and understanding, but said I would not receive another email from Ford until this order is assigned a VIN. It is amazing to me to that when I place an online order I get a Bazillion notifications from companies, who are infinitely smaller than this global conglomerate called Ford. I am notified when the order is received, packed, shipped (including every major stop on the way), when it is out for delivery, when it was delivered, and even asking for feedback about the delivery. These orders tell me when I can expect an order to ship, and when to expect delivery ... to the day. And for the life of me, the Ford system cannot generate a simple email confirming my order. That tells me the light are on, but nobody is home.

You don't have to have a MBA or PhD in Neuroscience to know that when your company fails to do the most BASIC things, your brand will suffer catastrophically. Customers, for the most part, are reasonable and will not burn you to the ground for things you have no control. They will listen to your plan and evaluate you. But when other businesses, experiencing the same supply chain issues, can abide by basic business practices, and you fail to communicate directly to your customers, you bury your head in the sand and fail to offer even a modicum of respect, imposing decisions instead of allowing options, you Ford, have communicated to the world that you are in SERIOUS trouble. Hedge fund managers need to put their money elsewhere. Investment firms need to downgrade your risk. Dealerships need to explore other brands. And most of all, your Board needs to #FireFarely.

Businesses are not immune to global crises. Many have taken the opportunity to innovate and thrive. Ford, you have continued to stack one poor decision upon another. You don't deserve to be bailed out because you have made asinine choices. You don't deserve any loyalty based on your legacy ... it does not belong to you. You have destroyed any credibility associated with this brand. You do not deserve our business!

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
Has anyone received a copy of their order summary since yesterday that shows Ford force deleted the items on page 1 of this thread?

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone received a copy of their order summary since yesterday that shows Ford force deleted the items on page 1 of this thread?
CD,
WTH?! Did you read my post?
Ford can't be bothered to talk to their customers! :LOL:

Good luck

Sponsored

greyphox

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 5.0 Lariat SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Its a priority 1 ,lariat extended cab, longbed, 501a, fx4,5.0 chrome package,20 inch wheels, copilot 2.0,max trailer,power tow mirrors, onboard scales,bed utililty package,snow plow prep,360 camera. I did not cancel my order. The dealer ordered a second truck minus the chrome package and snow plow prep. They are hoping tge second truck will get here and i will accept it
Well this doesn't sound great. This is basically what I ordered minus FX4, Chrome, and snow plow prep. The SuperCab with 8ft bed is not very popular so I wonder if they have deprioritized them over the SuperCrew models with higher MSRP.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
Well this doesn't sound great. This is basically what I ordered minus FX4, Chrome, and snow plow prep. The SuperCab with 8ft bed is not very popular so I wonder if they have deprioritized them over the SuperCrew models with higher MSRP.
Higher MSRP has zero to do with scheduling. If it did all the Platinums ordered in 2021 would be built

802screw

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost 157"
This is an excellent point I'm struggling with as well. I ordered X, and now I have no idea what I'm going to get, whenever Ford decides to build what I ordered.

How do you not start shopping elsewhere for something other than Ford knowing this is happening, I don't know. Personally, I'm rethinking the entire purchase.
I'll wager you are going to get platinum seats without active motion, a la a KR 600a vs 601a. I rethought mine and cancelled monday afternoon once the dealer confirmed Max Recline, Active Motion, & Adaptive Steering was removed from my 80k truck... If someone else made a comparable powertrain to the powerboost, I'd look elsewhere.

I did, on Monday it was removed in the afternoon when I checked in, was not done at 9am when I first checked in to verify whether we could ignore and wait for a MY23 rollover.

It had adaptive steering and max recline removed, and showed 91X with a $300 credit. The GM also thought it was a joke to credit $300 for an option that de-packaged is $1655 on a KR 601a(power running boards on lariat= $1220, B&O 18 speaker upgrade = $695, 20" KR Wheels = $1125). 601A costs $4625 on my DORA.

Fordloco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Raptor
Not to mention they want to downgrade my Raptor 37 to base model 800A interior for 85K. No thanks!

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
I'll wager you are going to get platinum seats without active motion, a la a KR 600a vs 601a. I rethought mine and cancelled monday afternoon once the dealer confirmed Max Recline, Active Motion, & Adaptive Steering was removed from my 80k truck... If someone else made a comparable powertrain to the powerboost, I'd look elsewhere.

I did, on Monday it was removed in the afternoon when I checked in, was not done at 9am when I first checked in to verify whether we could ignore and wait for a MY23 rollover.

It had adaptive steering and max recline removed, and showed 91X with a $300 credit. The GM also thought it was a joke to credit $300 for an option that de-packaged is $1655 on a KR 601a(power running boards on lariat= $1220, B&O 18 speaker upgrade = $695, 20" KR Wheels = $1125). 601A costs $4625 on my DORA.
Thanks for the info. I'm waiting for my salesmen to get back from his days off to see where to go...

Sponsored

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Yes, the $300 is a joke. Seems like an underhanded way to raise the price on the top tier trims without raising the base price. I get not being again to get parts, but at least do the right thing and credit us back the real cost.

CHRISHOUSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 Platinum (64k miles for sale) 2022 pend
My Max Recline Seat Nightmare.

I currently have a '18 platinum with active park assist and massaging seats.

I ordered a 21 Platinum on July 20 2021 (costco/xplan pricing) because of the price used trucks were selling for and because of new safety and comfort features in the 21 Platinum. Max Recline was very important to me.

I had a bad feeling about my initial order and when I took my truck in to be serviced, a more local dealer offered to match the first dealer's price with no deposit or obligation. I figured what the heck, so I ordered a 2nd identical Platinum on July 27.

September I get a build date and window sticker for truck #1 with NO MAX RECLINE SEATS. Dealer forgot to add to the order even though it was listed on build sheet I signed. The other dealer told me my second truck (ordered July 27) would probably be rolled over to 2022 and I would get the $3,500 rebate.

Therefore, when my truck arrived at the dealership in October without the Max Recline seats, I declined it. Truck # 2, the one I ordered a week after the first one that was delivered in Oct. finally got a build date in March. However, before it could be built, they deleted active park assist.

Then, dealer #2 starts hedging on the $3,500 Model Year Conversion rebate. At that point, I contacted Dexter at koons and order a THIRD TRUCK at 5% below invoice on January 20th.

They finally built the 2nd truck I ordered in mid to late April and it is being shipped, minus active park but hopefully with Max recline. However, it does not appear they are going to give me the $3,500 rebate for waiting 10 months (if they do, which I doubt, I will take truck #2).

Without the $3,500 rebate, the Koons truck is a much better deal, so I was just going to wait on that one. However, The Koons truck (ordered Jan 20) still has not been scheduled and it looks like when it is, it will be without BOTH Max Recline and active park.

Making matters worse, in August Driver's way offered me $45,000 cash for my truck. Dealer said they would match that on trade but could not lock it in until I got a Vin #. In the meantime I should try a private sale as I likely could get more that way. Wrong.

The next time I spoke with them, the dealer said they could only do $42,000. I go back to drivers was and there offer is now $42,000. Then, when I finally got the Vin# dealer's offer is down to $40,000.
Very frustrated with Ford right now. Like others, I would prefer to just wait longer to get the features I ordered. However, that does not appear to be an option, at least not without paying an even HIGHER price. Maybe this is my cue to just cancel the whole thing and go back to Toyota where I was for 25 years prior to my current Ford.

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
I’m so confused right now.

my truck has been built since March but on chip hold.

my dealer just called and told me that my truck will not be coming with the Active Motion Seats. I said I thought my truck was already built with them and just waiting chips. She said the memo she received said it would be removed.

@GrangerChip, I know I didn’t order from you guys but you have been the most forthcoming on information. Does it make sense that my Platinum built in March would not have the active Motion seats?

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Why remove them? And was does “remove “ mean? The active motion part or the whole seat? Really wondering if I shouldn’t cancel my Platinum and just order a Lariat.

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
My Max Recline Seat Nightmare.

I currently have a '18 platinum with active park assist and massaging seats.

I ordered a 21 Platinum on July 20 2021 (costco/xplan pricing) because of the price used trucks were selling for and because of new safety and comfort features in the 21 Platinum. Max Recline was very important to me.

I had a bad feeling about my initial order and when I took my truck in to be serviced, a more local dealer offered to match the first dealer's price with no deposit or obligation. I figured what the heck, so I ordered a 2nd identical Platinum on July 27.

September I get a build date and window sticker for truck #1 with NO MAX RECLINE SEATS. Dealer forgot to add to the order even though it was listed on build sheet I signed. The other dealer told me my second truck (ordered July 27) would probably be rolled over to 2022 and I would get the $3,500 rebate.

Therefore, when my truck arrived at the dealership in October without the Max Recline seats, I declined it. Truck # 2, the one I ordered a week after the first one that was delivered in Oct. finally got a build date in March. However, before it could be built, they deleted active park assist.

Then, dealer #2 starts hedging on the $3,500 Model Year Conversion rebate. At that point, I contacted Dexter at koons and order a THIRD TRUCK at 5% below invoice on January 20th.

They finally built the 2nd truck I ordered in mid to late April and it is being shipped, minus active park but hopefully with Max recline. However, it does not appear they are going to give me the $3,500 rebate for waiting 10 months (if they do, which I doubt, I will take truck #2).

Without the $3,500 rebate, the Koons truck is a much better deal, so I was just going to wait on that one. However, The Koons truck (ordered Jan 20) still has not been scheduled and it looks like when it is, it will be without BOTH Max Recline and active park.

Making matters worse, in August Driver's way offered me $45,000 cash for my truck. Dealer said they would match that on trade but could not lock it in until I got a Vin #. In the meantime I should try a private sale as I likely could get more that way. Wrong.

The next time I spoke with them, the dealer said they could only do $42,000. I go back to drivers was and there offer is now $42,000. Then, when I finally got the Vin# dealer's offer is down to $40,000.
Very frustrated with Ford right now. Like others, I would prefer to just wait longer to get the features I ordered. However, that does not appear to be an option, at least not without paying an even HIGHER price. Maybe this is my cue to just cancel the whole thing and go back to Toyota where I was for 25 years prior to my current Ford.

sounds like a bad dealer.... My dealer would have took my truck at the time of ordering for the agreed trade price. They will still take it to this day at the same agreed price (spoke with them last week). My truck was built 5/10. They took my dads truck at time or ordering and they also took my dads friends truck at time of ordering(this was a 2021 model and he still doesn't have it, getting built 5/13). They just put it in the deal jacket and apply it when the new truck gets delivered. My co-worker they also would have done the trade in early but he opted to just sell it to them for cash
Sponsored