First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
No, all orders will be amended May 9 whether you want that or not.
Or, you can withdraw your order, and wait until they make those options available again to reorder (probably in MY23, assuming the supply chains straighten themselves out by then). If you don't need the vehicle by a certain date, that might be a viable option. However, I suspect that won't work for most people.
Sponsored

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
Well after all the bull with ford canceled my order going to give Silverado high country a try ordered yesterday FU Ford
Bye Felicia

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
While we in the forum can certainly dismiss each other, as a Ford shareholder it seems to be a weak business practice for Ford to say, "Bye Felecia" to to many of it's current customers. While they aren't saying it outright it appears their actions speak louder than words.

Angry customers damage reputations faster than happy ones improve it.

As a share holder I hope Ford gets it's act together and gets everyone who got confirmation what they ordered. Then again as a child I always wanted to see a Unicorn. I refuse to grow up. :LOL:

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
While we in the forum can certainly dismiss each other, as a Ford shareholder it seems to be a weak business practice for Ford to say, "Bye Felecia" to to many of it's current customers. While they aren't saying it outright it appears their actions speak louder than words.

Angry customers damage reputations faster than happy ones improve it.

As a share holder I hope Ford gets it's act together and gets everyone who got confirmation what they ordered. Then again as a child I always wanted to see a Unicorn. I refuse to grow up. :LOL:
I don't think any company wants to take that approach and I don't think they are here either. On a serious note, if you were head of Ford - how would you handle this manufacturing crisis, while maintaining sales figures, keeping shareholders happy (and the other hundred things that need to be balanced).

If the trucks impacted make up for <= 10% of their total orders for MY22 - is it the wrong move to take a hit? Doesn't sound to me like there's even a choice in the matter. "It is what it is" perhaps?

I ordered a Lariat and so far... so good (although apparently Smoked Quartz is not put down the assembly line very often - coming from someone who only ordered 2 months ago.

In the current supply chain situation, someone is going to lose and everyone already agreed that it will take years for everyone to recover (whether it be financial or reputation).

Sponsored

Howman59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB On Order
I don't think any company wants to take that approach and I don't think they are here either. On a serious note, if you were head of Ford - how would you handle this manufacturing crisis, while maintaining sales figures, keeping shareholders happy (and the other hundred things that need to be balanced).

If the trucks impacted make up for <= 10% of their total orders for MY22 - is it the wrong move to take a hit? Doesn't sound to me like there's even a choice in the matter. "It is what it is" perhaps?

I ordered a Lariat and so far... so good (although apparently Smoked Quartz is not put down the assembly line very often - coming from someone who only ordered 2 months ago.

In the current supply chain situation, someone is going to lose and everyone already agreed that it will take years for everyone to recover (whether it be financial or reputation).
If I were head of Ford, I would honor orders confirmed/acknowledged by Ford. Pure and simple. Customer first.

The issue here is that Ford lost control of their order book and scheduling/constraint system. These supply chain issues have become an excuse after nearly two years of this. Commodity constraints should drive order acceptance. And order acceptance should be "suspended" when commodity constraints result in unfilled order backlogs exceeding 60 days (in my opinion). Read 1Q22 financials to see production/sale numbers. Ford has continued to "sell" vehicles in numbers far exceeding actual production. Why?

Further, Ford is basically saying "FU" to all ICE customers by giving chip preference to Lightning orders when other customers have been waiting, in some cases, for over a year for their truck.

In my opinion, poor management by Ford! Poor execution by Ford! Poor communication by Ford!

With proper controls, most of this could have been avoided. And btw, I am a shareholder too and have watched Ford stock plummet.

Better to have not accepted orders than to accept orders, create expectations, then fail to communicate, and then tell customers (who have waited months - I am 4 months in without a VIN yet - too bad, we are going to arbitrarily change your orders, delete options, and give you a truck - sometime - with a configuration that you didn't order and tell you to "take it or leave it". I am waiting for a call back from my dealer now and will likely "leave it".

BTW - today's "Ford Authority" report says Ford has over 53,000 vehicles awaiting chips (not all F150's).

Last edited:

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray

Well you have to consider, manufacturing doesn't stop cold turkey. Yes there is supply chain issues, some are more painful than others. But manufacturing and shipping continues at a rate regardless. If Ford was really running into that much constraints they could have pulled the plug on allowing orders with these features as part of Job #2 earlier this year. They could have even rolled out something later, without impacting existing orders. I think everyone would have preferred this approach as we are all already expecting it to take a long time to get our orders because of the environment.

Now, what we don't know is/was Ford negotiating capacity expansions for features A vs B that are manufactured at the same supplier. Which is why they have to discontinue feature B? Maybe...

Regardless, they should have been able to communicate a phase out approach vs a May 9th, your done approach.

In the end, I see Ford is poorly managing a difficult situation.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
I'm just impressed yall have the stomach to own single stocks. I'm a VTSAX and chill guy.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
With every cancellation we see, The rest of the unscheduled orders will move closer, however if the remaining orders have commodities that Ford cannot build, they will be skipped over.
Hmmm, sounds like there may be value to buyers to know what is currently reflected on the commodities list once it's shared by Ford to authorized parties. At least that way folks in the queue will know if they have an ice cube's chance in Hades of being scheduled during the subsequent scheduling week.

Reactions: J-C

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
I'm just impressed yall have the stomach to own single stocks. I'm a VTSAX and chill guy.
Ha - I just (similarly) throw money toward some aggressive growth portfolio of sorts and enjoy life. I just like healthy discussions.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
So when did Carmelo leather start requiring chips? Only the Platinum gets this color option and I would guess maybe 1/3 or less owners go for this color. Did the workers at the leather vendor boycott working with the color?
Ford aint maiking leather.

And image this is not hand made by supplier. There are machines involved making the leather and dye.

Last edited:

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Glad I ordered my '21 and was able to get everything I wanted! I thought about waiting or cancelling and going with a '22. That would only have cost me more for less!

Last edited:

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
Hmmm, sounds like there may be value to buyers to know what is currently reflected on the commodities list once it's shared by Ford to authorized parties. At least that way folks in the queue will know if they have an ice cube's chance in Hades of being scheduled during the subsequent scheduling week.
This is the other process that seems to be designed to keep customers in the dark. It is my understanding that a dealer may be allotted say 20 stock build slot per cycle. On top of those they also receive an allotment for their customer orders that may get scheduled or remain unscheduled per cycle.

If the dealer has the constraint list they can insure their 20 orders are optioned so they get selected for scheduling. By not sharing the commodity constraint list they can basically keep the custom orders from being scheduled. Every one of the Commodity Constraint memorandums say to contact the customer and discuss their options on getting their order changed so it can get scheduled.

Since Ford stated in this memo that they would force delete the options, most dealers are likely just waiting for that to happen instead being proactive and contacting their customers.

I would bet that other than Granger most dealers haven't reached out to their customers about this newest commodity delete memo.

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion

As you point out it may affect only 10% of the vehicles but that is about 70,000 units based on last years sales or almost half of the projected Lightning production for 2022.

If I were in charge.

How about when we have commodity constraints we build trucks in the order that the parts are available. ie 1st in 1st out regardless of dealership size, who your dad is, or where you live.

I agree that you never are going to please everyone, but how about direct communication to the consumer.

Some real options Ford could have made available but didn't choose to are:
1) get the stripped down platinum or king ranch sooner at a deep discounted price (and make it meaningful as some of us ordered platinum over lariat for one or two features that have now been removed. Plenty of business can break even or even loose a few bucks on an order to keep customers happy).

2) change your order to a lariat or other trim and keep your original order date so as to not loose your place in line for scheduling since you already waited longer than most lariat orders if you chose a higher trim.

3) Wait possibly till 2023 or later and we will produce these items and put them on your truck when the parts are made.

See just informing and giving simple options that doesn't hurt to bad
Oh and I bought it during the last two recessions/bubbles when it dropped. Currently at 14 dollars a share from the 1 dollar I bought it in 2008 and the 4 dollars I bought for it in 2020. That said, most my retirement is in index funds. I do get voting rights too but that means as much to Ford as my posting on this sight.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
This is the other process that seems to be designed to keep customers in the dark. It is my understanding that a dealer may be allotted say 20 stock build slot per cycle. On top of those they also receive an allotment for their customer orders that may get scheduled or remain unscheduled per cycle.

If the dealer has the constraint list they can insure their 20 orders are optioned so they get selected for scheduling. By not sharing the commodity constraint list they can basically keep the custom orders from being scheduled. Every one of the Commodity Constraint memorandums say to contact the customer and discuss their options on getting their order changed so it can get scheduled.

Since Ford stated in this memo that they would force delete the options, most dealers are likely just waiting for that to happen instead being proactive and contacting their customers.

I would bet that other than Granger most dealers haven't reached out to their customers about this newest commodity delete memo.
Ive talked to at least 15 different dealers. All said customer orders have nothing to due with their allotment of vehicles. Only dealer ordered vehicles.

A customer order is a sold vehicle, does not could against dealer inventory.
Sponsored