First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
So when did Carmelo leather start requiring chips? Only the Platinum gets this color option and I would guess maybe 1/3 or less owners go for this color. Did the workers at the leather vendor boycott working with the color?
Sponsored

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
Ham? I think you meant baloney. ;)

The f150 ICE model is now low model on the totem pole and if you didn't have the class to order lightning you deserve no better than a stripped down xl. Ignorant savages.... :ROFLMAO:
Funny, I ordered a Powerboost after anticipating I wouldn't get a Lightning in any of the first waves for 2022 model, now I'm waiting for 2023. I made my reservation on 5/19/21, during the announcement if I recall correctly. Meanwhile, my buddy who reserved his Lightening 3 months later in 8/24/21, was able to order in wave 1, and has his order accepted, pending scheduling... Happy for my friend, but pissed at Ford for not following a first order, first receive approach.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Ham? I think you meant baloney. ;)

The f150 ICE model is now low model on the totem pole and if you didn't have the class to order lightning you deserve no better than a stripped down xl. Ignorant savages.... :ROFLMAO:
As a long-time Ford shareholder, I like what they are doing with the Lightning. All of it.

As a new Ford customer, I am really annoyed at the fact they continued (and continue) to take orders for ICE F150s that they cannot fulfill and aren't communicating that fact well at all.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Anyone know if the multi-contour (massaging) seat delete is being done on Super Duty's?

Have a friend that's waiting for his F450 to be built and wondered if he'll lose it as well.

Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I'm so close to giving ford the big F.U. Ok fine, you can't build my multicontour seats, at least adjust the price in an equitable fashion.

I've calculated their "price" for this option. I had to work backwards, follow me.

A King Ranch high equipment group is $4975
It includes the following:
bed utility
20" alum wheels
multicontour seats
and unleashed audio.

As separate options, the prices for these are:
bed utility 995
20" wheels 1125
unleashed audio 695 (taken from Lariat)

Those 3 add up to 2815.

If you subtract that amount from the 4975 they charge, that leaves you with:
4975-2815=2160

Ford is giving a measly $300 back for removing an option they 'charge' $2160 for elsewhere. What a crappy way to treat your customer.

This is on top of forcing me to add the tow package to my high equipment group Platinum when the build without it already includes everything from that option except perhaps the solid stabilizer bar. They double charge you on all the additions is my point. There are other threads on that topic. I was forced into adding it because I wanted the tow mirrors.

What's it going to be next?

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
I'm so close to giving ford the big F.U. Ok fine, you can't build my multicontour seats, at least adjust the price in an equitable fashion.

I've calculated their "price" for this option. I had to work backwards, follow me.

It includes the following:
bed utility
20" alum wheels
multicontour seats
and unleashed audio.

As separate options, the prices for these are:
bed utility 995
20" wheels 1125

Those 3 add up to 2815.

4975-2815=2160

Ford is giving a measly $300 back for removing an option they 'charge' $2160 for elsewhere. What a crappy way to treat your customer.

This is on top of forcing me to add the tow package to my high equipment group Platinum when the build without it already includes everything from that option except perhaps the solid stabilizer bar. They double charge you on all the additions is my point. There are other threads on that topic. I was forced into adding it because I wanted the tow mirrors.

What's it going to be next?
Profitability move by Ford???

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Honestly, we need to all start hitting them on Twitter and FB, they are more likely to respond to things that are that public. I specifically joint Twitter today just to comment about not communicating with us on orders, not clearing out the trucks sitting in lots. The forums are great, but they aren’t visible enough
Just posted on fmc fb page. 5 minutes later cant see the post.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Just posted on fmc fb page. 5 minutes later cant see the post.
That truly doesn't surprise me. They pay a lot of good young socialites to monitor edit and censor those pages.

Sponsored

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner

It includes the
bed utility 995
20" wheels 1125

Those 3 add up to 2815.

4975-2815=2160

Ford is giving a measly $300 back for removing an option they 'charge' $2160 for elsewhere. What a crappy way to treat...
Thank you! I was planning on doing that analysis this weekend. I really suspected the credit they are giving was far less than what they were charging.

My saleaguy told me my order wasn't affected. I sent the info to him and they reached out to the regional ford rep. Yup, my order IS affected. Regional rep never contacted them and they never received such memo (so they say). So they are researching what the part numbers are and their cost to order the Carmelo (if possible). Then we swap the leather out when it gets delivered. If that doesn't work, then I'll see if somebody wants to swap their Carmelo for my black seats.

C_Harris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 SQ King Ranch
Occupation
Health Care
Anyone know if the Active Motion can be added later? Mine is getting deleted from my KR order. Thought I might squeeze in, been priority 02 for at least three weeks. No dice.

Cafsam7

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 LIMITED Antimatter Blue POWERBOOST
Occupation
Sales
So if you choose to not accept the force delete options suggested can you still wait for your truck to be build but will just take longer? I understand the language and the way its written suggests "Force to delete option " but if you dont, does your order get skipped over but sooner or later it gets built.

I have a Platinum on order with Carmelo leather and all the options outlined which without those options it becomes a Lariat with Platinum badging (really). Aside from the adaptive steering every other option is a must for me.

Just wanted to ask the question if any one has had any talk with dealer and knows anything additional.

Thanks in advance.

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
So if you choose to not accept the force delete options suggested can you still wait for your truck to be build but will just take longer? I understand the language and the way its written suggests "Force to delete option " but if you dont, does your order get skipped over but sooner or later it gets built.

I have a Platinum on order with Carmelo leather and all the options outlined which without those options it becomes a Lariat with Platinum badging (really). Aside from the adaptive steering every other option is a must for me.

Just wanted to ask the question if any one has had any talk with dealer and knows anything additional.

Thanks in advance.
No, all orders will be amended May 9 whether you want that or not.
Sponsored