Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I went back and checked my original dora from July was PL140. When I added the B&O in Aug, it was PL145. The only change was the addition for the B&O at the time, nothing else changed. ymmv.
Sponsored

bobnweave13

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'98 Jeep Wrangler, '09 BMW 3-Series
Occupation
IT
Sorry to revive an old thread, but was looking for advice:

My order was placed December 7th (Price Level 215). My truck arrived yesterday morning. I just got a call from my dealer that said due to the price increases, the price on my truck has gone up -- over $3k. He said that Ford was not honoring the previous prices anymore.

I called Ford, and they said that the dealer can apply for price protection, and that's all they can tell me. I asked Ford if they were actually honoring that price protection -- because from what my dealer said, it seemed like that was their concern -- and the Ford customer service rep just said I have to talk to my dealer.

Any recommendations on how I should approach this moving forward? I'm supposed to take delivery in like 4 hours.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Bob, Here are the two letters/memos from Ford discussing the two price increases. It's my understanding if Ford did not automatically apply price protection on the invoice to the dealer, they can go back to Ford and request it. However, it seems you would have to pay the increased price and adjustments would later be refunded to you. Many of us are very curious how this is going to work as we may very well be in the same situation. Mine is supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow and I anticipate some discussions about this very point.

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 Price Increases on Orders After 12/26 2022 Price Increase.JPG
Ford F-150 2022 F-150 Price Increases on Orders After 12/26 Ford_EFC09823 Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2022-02-15_2022-02-10 pg1

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Was just notified not getting price protectio. They took an extra week to deliver it and now I need to pay $2500 for that.

Last edited:

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Was just notified not getting price protection by picking up my truck Saturday. They took an extra week to deliver it and now I need to pay $2500 for that.
Do you have any DORA or deposit or any paperwork signed from your initial order? That along with Ford's email showing price protection should be enough to make your dealer stop their shenanigans.

Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Do you have any DORA or deposit or any paperwork signed from your initial order? That along with Ford's email showing price protection should be enough to make your dealer stop their shenanigans.
Yes I have all that. They are claiming it’s ford. Starting April they are no longer honoring the price

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Yes I have all that. They are claiming it’s ford. Starting April they are no longer honoring the price
This is interesting, I was told that any changes to my order last week would also trigger the price increase. I wonder if this is Ford not honoring price protection or the dealerships double dipping.

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
This is interesting, I was told that any changes to my order last week would also trigger the price increase. I wonder if this is Ford not honoring price protection or the dealerships double dipping.
As long as you don't make a change related to body type, engine type, or trim level, your price protection is still valid.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Sorry for your unfortunate closing experience, but I certainly appreciate you sharing it - potentially gives the rest of us some lead time to address before arriving at our respective dealerships in the coming days/weeks.

I promptly emailed my sales rep (price protection memo attached) seeking confirmation once again that my 12/23 quote is locked in. I don’t want any surprises at closing.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I'd ask to see the communication from Ford. This hasn't been mentioned anywhere else, including the dealer-started threads on this forum.

Sponsored

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I asked Zach about this price protection issue in his "3% Under Invoice Granger Ford" thread elsewhere on this forum. Here is his response just a little while ago. The last two sentences seem to sum it up:

Hey Ralph,

Did you make any major changes to your build such as changing the model? You're price protected based on when you placed your order with your specific price level. However, if you did make changes that would forfeit your price protection. Some dealers do not give price protection. This may be an issue for you depending on where you ordered from.

Thanks!

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
No changes to my build
Same with me except when I converted the order from a 2021 to a 2022. I added Adaptive Steering because it was an issue back in Oct. Otherwise, no changes to the 2022 order after submission.

Jimbo@007it

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My truck was ordered in November 2021
Price level on order said 215 when truck was built on 1-27-22 the sticker showed price level 225. About an $880 increase.
Truck was delivered on March 17 …. After several more price increases. Dealer said that I would receive all price protection
And at pickup they honored it. But only thanks to this group who provided the internal memo about price protection.
I provided dealer a copy of it …. Thanks guys

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
As long as you don't make a change related to body type, engine type, or trim level, your price protection is still valid.
If the dealer passes along the price protection. A friend got the same response when he also tried to modify his order with another of the high-volume dealers.

What I'm saying is that in the current environment, dealers have every reason to keep the refund from Ford.
Sponsored