Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Says right in the doc "Automatic Price Protection will be provided on Firm 2022-model...retail...orders signed and dated on or before December 26, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 30, 2021."

A plain reading of the doc should make the result clear, but I get where the process is not a straight line.

While the truck will be invoiced at the new price to the dealer, they make a claim with ford to have the price difference refunded to them. That might be the real sticking point here, and a point of procedural understanding dealers and customers are getting tripped up on.

1) Dealer is invoiced the new, higher price.
2) Dealer submits Price Protection Claim to Ford for the difference.
3) Dealer sells car at earlier agreed upon earlier, lower price.
4) Ford cuts dealer a check for the difference.

I have seen where some dealers make the customer pay the new price, and when the check comes back from Ford the customer gets the check.

Tim from Long McArthur spelling it out.

Sponsored

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Says right in the doc "Automatic Price Protection will be provided on Firm 2022-model...retail...orders signed and dated on or before December 26, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 30, 2021."

A plain reading of the doc should make the result clear, but I get where the process is not a straight line.

While the truck will be invoiced at the new price to the dealer, they make a claim with ford to have the price difference refunded to them. That might be the real sticking point here, and a point of procedural understanding dealers and customers are getting tripped up on.

1) Dealer is invoiced the new, higher price.
2) Dealer submits Price Protection Claim to Ford for the difference.
3) Dealer sells car at earlier agreed upon earlier, lower price.
4) Ford cuts dealer a check for the difference.

I have seen where some dealers make the customer pay the new price, and when the check comes back from Ford the customer gets the check.

Tim from Long McArthur spelling it out.

The latter process is what my dealer is doing. Not sure if it makes a difference, but having X-plan allows me make a complaint and potentially trigger an audit if they don’t follow through.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Sorry for your unfortunate closing experience, but I certainly appreciate you sharing it - potentially gives the rest of us some lead time to address before arriving at our respective dealerships in the coming days/weeks.

I promptly emailed my sales rep (price protection memo attached) seeking confirmation once again that my 12/23 quote is locked in. I don’t want any surprises at closing.
Dealer already replied: they are honoring my ordered price (I.e. Price is protected). Ordered 12/23/21, no changes since. X-Plan + avoiding 2x price increases = way below current MSRP. Glad my dealership is taking the high road on this.

bobnweave13

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'98 Jeep Wrangler, '09 BMW 3-Series
Occupation
IT
Thanks to everyone for all the amazing information (especially that video which shows the Smart Vincent report! I had to push a bit, but got my rate from 3.19 down to 1.9 because I asked for the Smart Vincent Report sorted by Protection Date). I was able to pick up my truck yesterday and my dealer honored price protection -- it did all seem like it was all just a big mixup.

The process was smooth and both my truck and the deal I got on it were absolutely incredible. Couldn't be happier. Thanks again everyone!

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to everyone for all the amazing information (especially that video which shows the Smart Vincent report! I had to push a bit, but got my rate from 3.19 down to 1.9 because I asked for the Smart Vincent Report sorted by Protection Date). I was able to pick up my truck yesterday and my dealer honored price protection -- it did all seem like it was all just a big mixup.

The process was smooth and both my truck and the deal I got on it were absolutely incredible. Couldn't be happier. Thanks again everyone!
Great news, Bob! The rest of us are hoping our deliveries go as well as yours. Nothing like being a well-informed customer! Glad you revived this old thread - got a bunch of us re-energized!

Sponsored

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
That ‘Smart Vincent’ video was super informative - I didn’t know APR was price protected from Order Date as well.

Already discussed with dealer: 0% for 36 months, here I come.

quo155

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 F-150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Residential Designer
That ‘Smart Vincent’ video was super informative - I didn’t know APR was price protected from Order Date as well.
I've searched, but likely missed it...can anyone provide a link to the "Smart Vincent video"? TYIA

masterwaiter

First Name
taos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC/CHEV/FORD
I've searched, but likely missed it...can anyone provide a link to the "Smart Vincent video"? TYIA
It's 6 posts above this one

quo155

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 F-150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Residential Designer
It's 6 posts above this one
I didn't search this thread...LOL!!! Thank you...I hate when folks don't look everywhere, themselves...I'm glad it's Friday!

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired