First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
None
I received my 22 F150 Platinum. I had ordered the Blue Cruise and it is working wonderfully. The issue is selecting between the Normal Cruise, the Intelligent Cruise, the Adaptive Intelligent Cruise and the Blue Cruise. When I ordered a 2021 back in May all three were listed and available on the Driver assist screen with the Blue Cruise to be added when available. Only the Normal and a Adaptive selection is on the 2022 screen. If you chose the Adaptive you have a choice of turning several features off or on. Turning all of them on puts you in Blue Cruise. (Hands Free). If you enter an area that has Hands Free available the drivers display will display Hands Free available and prompt “Press Ok” even if you don’t press the Ok the system goes to hands free. there are a lot of times I would prefer to not have the Blue Cruise turn on. I have not been able to figure out a way to keep the Blue Cruise from activating unless I go back into the menu and turn off the lane keeping, Hands free option. I haven’t found any videos on operating the Cruise options. Am I missing something. Is there not an easy way to toggle through the Cruise packages from the drivers steering wheel control without having to preselect the options you want before you start driving. If I am driving along in Adaptive and Hands Free available alert come on. If I don’t press the ok button when prompted, shouldn’t the system not go too hands free until I decide to say ok? I love the cruise’s available on this Platinum but it’s not user friendly ( it could be that I just don’t know how to access the features on the fly from the steering wheel but I have found no information on how to use the cruise system.) i would love to see a detailed video on how to operate the Cruise system.
Sponsored

bowling

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
same...just took my first road trip with my '22 plat and the experience was frustrating. I kept thinking 'where's my regular old cruise control?' I would like to watch a tutorial video from FoMoCo about how to use it. The near-constant nagging to keep my hands on the wheel when they were both already on the wheel was especially annoying. Also had a few "red alert" take control alerts on totally open highway where the computer flashed all kinds of warnings and even jabbed the brakes when both of my hands were on the wheel- that does not inspire a lot of confidence.

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
I received my 22 F150 Platinum. I had ordered the Blue Cruise and it is working wonderfully. The issue is selecting between the Normal Cruise, the Intelligent Cruise, the Adaptive Intelligent Cruise and the Blue Cruise. When I ordered a 2021 back in May all three were listed and available on the Driver assist screen with the Blue Cruise to be added when available. Only the Normal and a Adaptive selection is on the 2022 screen. If you chose the Adaptive you have a choice of turning several features off or on. Turning all of them on puts you in Blue Cruise. (Hands Free). If you enter an area that has Hands Free available the drivers display will display Hands Free available and prompt “Press Ok” even if you don’t press the Ok the system goes to hands free. there are a lot of times I would prefer to not have the Blue Cruise turn on. I have not been able to figure out a way to keep the Blue Cruise from activating unless I go back into the menu and turn off the lane keeping, Hands free option. I haven’t found any videos on operating the Cruise options. Am I missing something. Is there not an easy way to toggle through the Cruise packages from the drivers steering wheel control without having to preselect the options you want before you start driving. If I am driving along in Adaptive and Hands Free available alert come on. If I don’t press the ok button when prompted, shouldn’t the system not go too hands free until I decide to say ok? I love the cruise’s available on this Platinum but it’s not user friendly ( it could be that I just don’t know how to access the features on the fly from the steering wheel but I have found no information on how to use the cruise system.) i would love to see a detailed video on how to operate the Cruise system.
Middle button that looks like a truck, left side on steering wheel turns lane keeping off and on. The latest update got rid of intelligent cruise control.

Ford F-150 2022 F 150 Platinum Cruise Control. 7343155F-B9C7-4D57-9ECD-EFBAC8976E8C

Ford F-150 2022 F 150 Platinum Cruise Control. C8BE2CEE-E3C5-4476-9E9E-8C833FB1100D

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
It’s pretty easy, all you have to do is press the lane keep button on the left side of the wheel to disable lane keeping assist! They don’t do a very good job of letting people know how it all works. Your blue cruise should go on automatically when in mapped areas as long as you have lane assist on. If you don’t want it on, then just tap the lane assist button on the steering wheel and it’ll turn off
Sponsored