First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
i negotiated the sale at invoice, so canceling my order enables the dealer to make more. Checking dealers around the area, about a third of the vehicles on lots have the green special order sticker on the window instead of the blue dealer ordered one. Never saw this before. This indicates either many people are tired of waiting and canceling orders waiting for 2022’s or they are buying other vehicles.
my dealer offered me one that someone else ordered and cancelled so I think that is becoming a routine thing. People are waiting too long and when I say too long, I mean too freakin' long!
Sponsored

Ed B.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Just checked again, site shows it is built and the eta reverted from 31 October to 10 August. There is still hope….

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Just checked again, site shows it is built and the eta reverted from 31 October to 10 August. There is still hope….
Some of the 10/31 ETA are being released. I had a F350 built mid April with a 10/31 ETA that should be here any day. It’s slowly getting a little better but this has been 1 of the toughest things I’ve been through as a salesman. F150’s seem to be picking up big time.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
Any timeline on when the order guide for the 2022's will be available to browse? I would like to see that updates or changes will be happening. Thinking of cancelling my current order.

Creepin_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500
I was just talking to my Ford dealer, and she said that if you order a 2021 now, chances are it will be flipped to a 2022. Taking lots of will power on not to pull the trigger on a new truck haha

Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
How do you check your build date?

Ed B.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
How do you check your build date?
Site to track status is back in this thread. Dealer gave me the original build week and then a date. It was pushed a week, then ultimately built a week later. The sites are terrible - as behind as they are, Ford is slow to update. Thanks to others, I tracked shipment on a train to Maryland. From the Truck hauling company, I monitored and saw it was loaded on a carrier for delivery to the dealer (28 July). Called the dealer that morning and was told Ford was still telling them delivery would be between 5-11 August. I gave them the website information. Two hours later the salesman called to say "Guess what just pulled onto the lot." It was the first F-150 they had received in over a month, and the first Platinum one they had seen all year. Raced down to take it off their hands. Oh yes, and three days later Ford was still listing it as in transit on their website.

Ed B.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Some of the 10/31 ETA are being released. I had a F350 built mid April with a 10/31 ETA that should be here any day. It’s slowly getting a little better but this has been 1 of the toughest things I’ve been through as a salesman. F150’s seem to be picking up big time.
Showed up "early" on 28 July.

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, SuperCab FX4 157" Iconic Silver
Occupation
Political researcher / publisher / Activist leader
Site to track status is back in this thread. Dealer gave me the original build week and then a date. It was pushed a week, then ultimately built a week later. The sites are terrible - as behind as they are, Ford is slow to update. Thanks to others, I tracked shipment on a train to Maryland. From the Truck hauling company, I monitored and saw it was loaded on a carrier for delivery to the dealer (28 July). Called the dealer that morning and was told Ford was still telling them delivery would be between 5-11 August. I gave them the website information. Two hours later the salesman called to say "Guess what just pulled onto the lot." It was the first F-150 they had received in over a month, and the first Platinum one they had seen all year. Raced down to take it off their hands. Oh yes, and three days later Ford was still listing it as in transit on their website.
What tool do you use to track on train? I have VIN and order number.

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
Order banks open in less than a month still, right (9/15)? Surprising there's no order guide yet.

Sponsored

QuickFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PowerBoost
With the chip delay having such an impact, if I order a 2022 truck in October 2021 any idea of build and ship dates? rough estimate - 6 months??

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
With the chip delay having such an impact, if I order a 2022 truck in October 2021 any idea of build and ship dates? rough estimate - 6 months??
From what I see from this past year, I would guess anywhere from 3 months to a year!

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
Order banks open in less than a month still, right (9/15)? Surprising there's no order guide yet.
I wouldn't expect that until the day of or after when the order banks open.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F250, ordered 2021 F150
I was just talking to my Ford dealer, and she said that if you order a 2021 now, chances are it will be flipped to a 2022. Taking lots of will power on not to pull the trigger on a new truck haha
From what I see from this past year, I would guess anywhere from 3 months to a year!

New to this forum posting and new to ordering a vehicle. I ordered mine 09/03 and from the looks of it, and ib_jigged's signature regarding an order from May, I am not holding my breath on mine being here soon by any means; however, does this mean that it will most likely end up being a 2022? I have to imagine with people waiting for nearly a year mine won't be finished by the time they stop 2021 production in a month or so. If that is the case and it is a 2022, what does that mean exactly? Will anything change? Will upgrades, if there are any, be included in my build (for instance, I ordered a Lariat and wanted the wireless charging pad, which couldn't be added anywhere unless I got a King Ranch or above but I didn't like the interior of the other trim packages so I stuck with the Lariat Sport trim; anyway, I saw on one of these threads that maybe in 2022 it would be included in the Lariat package, so would that be automatically added to my 2021 order)? Will my order just say 2021 and eventually when I get it I'll be headed to register a 2022, or maybe a 2023 if it keeps up like it seems to have been going? Again, I've never ordered a vehicle so maybe in doing so with all of this going on I ended up with more confusion and questions than I bargained for..
(if you made it this far, thanks in advance!)

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
That is one reason why Ford is requiring dealers to provide DL and orders signed by buyers since a bunch of dealers were submitting custom orders when they were actually dealer lot trucks.
I had to sign a Preview Order and provide a copy of my driver's license when I ordered 09/01/21.
Sponsored