F-150
Occupation
Analyst
I ordered a 3.5 eco boost

Model
ModelGroupXLT
Drive4X4
Engine3.5L V6 EcoBoost with Auto Start-Stop Technology Engine
TransmissionsElectronic Ten-Speed Automatic Transmission with Selectable Drive Modes
You're right . I made a mistake. The engine type is the position 8 in the VIN. And the number 5 means a V8 and you got the number 8 that is a 3.5 GTDI. I have a 2015 3.5. Great engine. I trade it for a V8. The last time before an electric one.
Sponsored

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
You're right . I made a mistake. The engine type is the position 8 in the VIN. And the number 5 means a V8 and you got the number 8 that is a 3.5 GTDI. I have a 2015 3.5. Great engine. I trade it for a V8. The last time before an electric one.
Glad to hear you like the 3.5. This would be my first. Prior, I had a toyota tundra 8 cyl and liked the power of that but when I tried the Ford 3.5 I was very impressed.

Blackdog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited on Order, 2003 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know what this stands for? It was listed in the tracker under general information and next to the window stickler line?

9b6df61f0ed88bcede621697b917fe8a
I think it is just a specific alpha-numeric code that identifies your window sticker - even though yours is not issued yet. Mine looks similar but I have mine. It looks like your truck is in order status but not built yet with no dates as of yet.

ShawnWillis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco 2014
"It looks like your truck is in order status but not built yet with no dates as of yet."
Hmm, that might just be the case. I was also wondering about that.

Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When is it likely we will see any changes for 2022? I like the Sport trim but hate that merlo color on the black leather. Thinking they will dump that.
You must be talking about the Lariat Sport?

Last edited:

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
If you go with the 500A base trim is the black leather just black?
Yea that was a deal breaker for me on the Lariat Sport.

From I've been told, solid black leather only comes with the chrome Package. Dumb IMO

Ed B.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ordered an F-150 Platinum on February 20th. Was told end of April, then end of June, then it showed “in production” the week of June 29th. On July 9th, was given an eta for delivery of August 9th. Today I looked and the eta has changed to October 31st. I’ll be telling the dealership if It is not here by the second week of August to refund my deposit and I will order a 2022. I don’t want to pay $70,000 for what the insurance company will consider a year old truck and only worth $60,000 at best.

I have also seen the results of vehicles sitting in the sun with no attention for long periods of time and have concerns.

Sponsored

firecat72

First Name
gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 f 150
Anyone offer to let the dealer sell their 2021 ordered truck in exchange for ordering a new 2022 and getting it at invoice price?

Ed B.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone offer to let the dealer sell their 2021 ordered truck in exchange for ordering a new 2022 and getting it at invoice price?
i negotiated the sale at invoice, so canceling my order enables the dealer to make more. Checking dealers around the area, about a third of the vehicles on lots have the green special order sticker on the window instead of the blue dealer ordered one. Never saw this before. This indicates either many people are tired of waiting and canceling orders waiting for 2022’s or they are buying other vehicles.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
i negotiated the sale at invoice, so canceling my order enables the dealer to make more. Checking dealers around the area, about a third of the vehicles on lots have the green special order sticker on the window instead of the blue dealer ordered one. Never saw this before. This indicates either many people are tired of waiting and canceling orders waiting for 2022’s or they are buying other vehicles.
That is one reason why Ford is requiring dealers to provide DL and orders signed by buyers since a bunch of dealers were submitting custom orders when they were actually dealer lot trucks.

Ed B.

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I ordered 3/31/21, had a build date of 6/7 and now pushed back 7/19 but I have seen posts that an individual ordered two weeks prior to mine and his eta was 10/31/21. I have to ask my dealer updates which is not helping. Anyone know how to get the window sticker showing the blend date?
My build date for the February 20th order was pushed three times before it went in production July 6th. the Dealer was given a dilivery eta of 3-8 August. After July 6th (production day) the site showed delivery eta of 9 August. When I looked On July 12th, the eta was changed to October 31st. I called the dealer who went into their system and confirmed it was built but waiting on chips, the date reflected when it would be delivered after chips were received.

what they are doing is running vehicles down the assembly line and parking them awaiting chips. Given the literally thousands of vehicles waiting chips, they are likely to still be completing 2021 F-150s into January 2022 as chips arrive. Not a good start for 2022 models…
Sponsored