• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
No chance that the Pro is only 5% of demand. Ford is purposely limiting it. Makes sense from a business standpoint, but there's no way it's proportional to demand.

It's an insane deal (much better than the other trims relative to a comparable gas truck), and the price also makes it very accessible to a big chunk of consumers.

As far as options, the pro is a smoking deal even if you buy all the options available. The reason to move up to another trim level is because the option you want isn't available on the Pro... not because the Pro becomes a poor value after adding options. The price gap between XLT and Pro is enormous (~$13k).
I agree. I will ride the wave and see if I actually get a chance to order a Pro in whatever wave I eventually get the call. But with about 100K reservations ahead of me, it isn't looking promising for getting a Pro and guessing how many Ford intends to build.
Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I agree. I will ride the wave and see if I actually get a chance to order a Pro in whatever wave I eventually get the call. But with about 100K reservations ahead of me, it isn't looking promising for getting a Pro and guessing how many Ford intends to build.
Or get the next available trim, flip and get Chevy EV :)

sollie

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Here is some quick math… adjust the numbers as you see fit:

15,000 vehicles for the first model year
6 waves of invites
Therefore 2,500 trucks per wave

4.8% of the first year will be pros, or 720 trucks
6.1% of the first year will be ER XLTs, or 915 trucks

So I could easily see all the Pros and ER XLTs selling out in the first wave.

Thad_Hawaii

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Real Estate Development Consulting
Wow - I wish Ford would make this much effort to assure a great experience for us ol’ fashioned F-150 (loaded up Platinum PB) buyers. I ordered in late November and have heard nothing from Ford since a simple automated order confirmation. . .
My dealer (Granger Ford, IA) has inquired weekly as to why Platinum and Ranch trims are not because by picked up and scheduled and no response from Ford.

. . . just waiting patiently

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's a possibility! Better yet, buy 2 and flip both at scalper prices , then buy a Chevy with the profit.?

I will definitely look at the Silverado.

Wonder when Toyota will produce the Tacoma EV they hinted at last month? Tacoma might be worth waiting for and should be enough truck for what I need.

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I'd like to order a Pro but I don't think common users can order them. Doubt Ford will want to make many either. Hummer VP just had an interview where they mentioned that they wanted to put all the options on the first model.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd like to order a Pro but I don't think common users can order them. Doubt Ford will want to make many either. Hummer VP just had an interview where they mentioned that they wanted to put all the options on the first model.
I think Ford is betting on upselling potential Pro buyers to a higher and more profitable trim based on the unprecedented demand for F150Ls.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Lol probs what I'm doing, same with the Raptor R when its unveiled. Silverado EV unveil is Wednesday morning.

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
I think if you have a Powerwall/solar you will have the grid transfer switch already...so maybe half the install is already done?
Powerwall doesn’t use iso15118 protocol like F150L. That being said the Sunrun inverter probably is super similar.

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
As far as we know, the Platinum is fully-loaded. A fully loaded ICE platinum is $76K. Trucks cost a lot.

After tax credit, there's a ~$7k difference.
This might date me but when I was growing up a regular cab long bed pickup truck was the cheapest vehicle you could buy. It wasn't until they went from work truck to status symbol that the prices started escalating. Love seeing all the empty beds running up and down the local roads.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Powerwall doesn’t use iso15118 protocol like F150L. That being said the Sunrun inverter probably is super similar.
I don't think using the plug and charge portion of ISO 15118 standard means the bidirectional charging/discharging of the standard is used. Have you seen it referenced somewhere for the F150L home back-up?

IMHO the reality is that the Powerwalls are going to want to talk with their own transfer switch/gateway/microgrid integration device (MID), and the F150L package is going to want to talk with it's own MID. That means redundant hardware and any host of integration issues with each system wanting to be the "smarts", unless the companies have already worked together on integration.

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Everyone disappointed in the lightning roll-out or trim availability... Do you honestly think the Silverado EV will be any better? I don't understand how you think you will get one quicker, or get a cheap base model more readily available. Could you explain your thought process? I may be interested, but I'm highly skeptical it will be any different. I feel like this is a big case of "the grass is greener"...

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Everyone disappointed in the lightning roll-out or trim availability... Do you honestly think the Silverado EV will be any better? I don't understand how you think you will get one quicker, or get a cheap base model more readily available. Could you explain your thought process? I may be interested, but I'm highly skeptical it will be any different. I feel like this is a big case of "the grass is greener"...
I could care less, I'm in no rush, that's why a Silverado EV is also attractive; because I know it will be awhile, and that's fine. I don't need the Lightning tomorrow, would it be nice to have sooner rather than later, sure. But in reality, no one "needs" a lightning over any other truck that is way cheaper, and let's be honest: more capable with more range. Reserving a Silverado EV just means yet another reservation where I can always cancel it anyways. I'm more excited about my '23 Genesis G90 and Raptor R "reservations" anyways. I doubt anyone would keep their Lightning's more than 3 or 4 years too.

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
durn. Not eligible for X-Plan pricing:
Ford F-150 Lightning đź“’ 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Bank Playbook With Pricing! Ordering Begin 1/6, Build & Price Tomorrow 1/4! 1641272618273

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Based on this, from the original survey pricing, the Platinum is the only one that had an increase in price (originally starting at $89,874, which is now $90,874)
Sponsored