Sponsored

2022 f-150 lariat power boost leak

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
I’m hoping not to end up with the lemon but I am fully aware that something as complex as the PB may inherently be unreliable. Even though I typically keep my vehicles a lot longer, I only plan on keeping the PB for about 5-6 years to avoid major repair costs. Hopefully their value doesn’t plummet after that mark
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fiberfinn

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f-150 power boost
Occupation
Retired
Update on exhaust heat exchanger leak. Unlike some, my service manager and mechanic advised not to drive until the exchanger is replaced. It hasn’t been driven since June 20th. This Friday will be the 30th business day. Hello “buy-back”. The dealer checked yesterday and the exchangers are supposed to be released from the manufacture on August 18. It will then take an additional week or two for the dealer to receive.
I’m wondering if anyone has heard, or knows how to find out, what % of the PB’s have had this issue. Someone (who should know) told me that it’s as high as 65-75%.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Very doubtful.
Forums amplify the perception of the issue.

There is evidence, based on shipping information, that the quantity of the part itself is in the hundreds monthly and combined total would still be no more than a few thousand.

That in and of itself feeeeels and sounds like a lot, and afterall 1000 is 1000.

But the Powerboost is now at 2 full years of production and rough estimates are beyond 144,000 built.

I'm not saying 2-3% failure rate isn't significant, because it IS. But numbers like 65-75% would render a forum like this to being nothing but an Exhaust Heat Exchanger flame throwing rant forum.
Sponsored