Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150 Plat EB, '22 F150 Plat PB Ordered
It's live now!:
1642751430767.png

I was waiting to see Platinum BAP:
1642751639012.png

A little disappointed that it looks just like the XLT and Lariat.
I recently ordered a Platinum in Smoked Quartz with BAP but after seeing these pictures in the Build and Price I'm unimpressed, especially with the grill and the wheels. I've emailed the dealer to update my order to remove BAP, still awaiting confirmation.

I think instead of getting the BAP I'd rather take that money and use it toward having some pieces painted smoked quartz as was done with this truck (the level lift and new wheels/tires are pretty sweet, too):

Iconic22F150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat FX4 Iconic Silver
Occupation
Physical Security Supervisor
Can anyone confirm the dual exhaust that’s showing up on the 2022 builder for a Lariat 501mid?
Ford F-150 2022 F-150 Build and Price is up at the Ford website 551F7633-EC58-4A0A-9B01-A247DF6AEF39

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
Dig this view in the new configurator....
Ford F-150 2022 F-150 Build and Price is up at the Ford website 1642894238849

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
The 2022 price appears to have increased 3.9% ($2340) over what I paid for the same options on my 2021 XLT truck.

Sponsored

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Yes, the 2022 Regular (non-lightning) F-150 Build & Price website is now active at Ford.com; however, as some of us have already observed and commented on this morning, it’s a sorry implementation at the moment, riddled with bugs and inaccurate information. ??‍♂

Given that Ford is a user on this forum, maybe the F-150 fan base can provide the necessary quality check that is evidently absent. ?

Just a few quick things I’ve noticed:

• Standard options on the website appear to match 2021 model vice what is currently listed in recent Order Guides for 2022s. Example: Box Lighting & BoxLink are, per the 1/3/22 Order Guide, no longer standard on Lariat Trims (wish it was). Ford’s 22BP website still lists them as standard options.

• Pricing appears to be inaccurate as well. For example: Bed Utility package (68L) is shown as $695, but I believe it is now $995.

• Photos are for ‘21 models. Example: Temperature is still digitally displayed on the climate knobs. Digital knobs and cup holder lightning were removed from U.S. 2022 F-150 models per recent customers who have commented in other threads.

• Many thumbnails simply do not populate.

• 360 Camera package isn’t listed as a selectable option for 500A Lariat SuperCrew. It is an available option per the Order Guide. It’s also a requirement if you want to add Co-Pilot Assist 2.0.

• Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 can be added to a 500A Lariat, but then 360 Camera package does not show up in the pricing summary.

• Sometimes the running boards appear as an option and sometimes they don’t (having tried a few builds).

I encourage everyone else to post what they notice too.
Good call on the 360 degree package. My build sheet from Granger says it's a $765 option but it's not on the new 2022 builder for my 502 Lariat.

It seems that in 2022 the delta between the the lariat and the platty is only $2688 (assuming the builder is wrong about the camera package and I do indeed have to add it on). If the bed utility pricing is wrong, then the difference would be only $2388.

I thought the difference was more when I placed my order last month. If it's only $2300, I wish I would have ordered the Platty. I would have got body colored fenders, power running boards, nicer leather, and 20 inch wheels.

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
I recently ordered a Platinum in Smoked Quartz with BAP but after seeing these pictures in the Build and Price I'm unimpressed, especially with the grill and the wheels. I've emailed the dealer to update my order to remove BAP, still awaiting confirmation.

I think instead of getting the BAP I'd rather take that money and use it toward having some pieces painted smoked quartz as was done with this truck (the level lift and new wheels/tires are pretty sweet, too):
I am also in the Smoked Quartz Platinum family. I had seen this video and they did a great job. Love the Tailgate. I am not averse to some chrome, but this aftermarket job is what Ford should be offering to platinum drivers. My kids would say that ride looks "Guchi" (the new awesome, tight, sweet, etc... and yes I know I am aging myself;):D)

qewrtyturdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB Platinum (ordered)

I binged some of their videos after you posted. They all look amazing, they do a great job. I just can't bring myself to spend $10k+ to make a truck look pretty.

3Ranger11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ranger
Occupation
Interstate commerce transport engineer
I just tried building an XLT 302A with the flow through console and the column shifter. It won’t let me do it. I don’t know if it’s a glitch on this shitty BAP or if they eliminated that option but if they did, I guess I’m shopping a different brand or buying a Super Duty. I despise floor shifters in pickup trucks.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150 Plat EB, '22 F150 Plat PB Ordered
I binged some of their videos after you posted. They all look amazing, they do a great job. I just can't bring myself to spend $10k+ to make a truck look pretty.
Some of their jobs are definitely $10K+. That specific job apparently ran ~$7800 according to a comment on the YouTube video from the truck owner. Still expensive but damn it looks good. About $3K for the paint work (priced by the part so some flexibility there), $1800 for the suspension and $3K for wheels/tires. Of course, he could make some of that back by selling the new takeoff wheels and tires.

Sponsored

mcgski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I just tried building an XLT 302A with the flow through console and the column shifter. It won’t let me do it. I don’t know if it’s a glitch on this shitty BAP or if they eliminated that option but if they did, I guess I’m shopping a different brand or buying a Super Duty. I despise floor shifters in pickup trucks.
I've noticed some differences as well. I'm using the official build list from 1/3/22 as to what is correct and assuming the site isn't correct. My order from 12/31/21 aligned with this list and my dealer hasn't indicated there's anything wrong with my order yet.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150

3Ranger11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ranger
Occupation
Interstate commerce transport engineer
So upon further screwing with the website, you can configure it the way I want but you have to click on the i next to seating and click that option. It’s the only way it comes up. They do need to fix this BAP. Like someone said earlier, with all the time they had to do this, you’d think it would be perfect. Lol

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
If you find something wrong on the Ford website, I recommend you take a moment and contact the ?‍??‍? Ford Marketing team at (800) 334-4375 to let them know. They’ll appreciate the help, and they’ll inform the IT department.

I just passed on some issues that I discovered.

While you’re on the phone, tell Marketing that U.S. ‘22 Lariats (and above) should come standard with LED Box Lighting (like the ‘21s did, and Canadian ‘22s do). You shouldn’t be forced to get a tailgate step & power tailgate (both are payload hits, included with Bed Utility package) simply for trunk lights.

Honestly, I’d be willing to pay extra? for the LED Box Lighting, Ford, just make it available w/o the power tailgate! ??they come up with an OEM kit that dealerships can install.

Last edited:

Detroit87

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 lariat
Occupation
Sub station operator
https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/

Looks like ford finally updated the website to build F150 2022... I played around with it but it seems to be missing some features?

I only used on my phone so I'm not sure if it is fully compatible with mobile...

Ford.ca still didn't have 2022 :(
I was able to get a new feature, it combines both mirrors...?

Ford F-150 2022 F-150 Build and Price is up at the Ford website PXL_20220125_150955885.MP
Sponsored