Sponsored

2022 Blue cruise Dealer Update

Cranbery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Hey all, took my '22 tremor to the dealer for first oil change and two recalls, they also noted that something came up to do a blue cruise update, takes like 9 hours.

The service was surprised my truck already had working blue cruise, which I explained the '22s already have (something i assumed they knew?).

They said the note still comes up, and it might be an update for the '22 as well.

Have any of you taken a '22 with blue cruise to the dealer? Did you also get this update ? I haven't done it yet and I'd rather it not mess anything up - but if it updates the maps I'd like to have it.

I'm not feeling very comfortable with the dealers level of knowledge to the point that i trust this forum more than them.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The only update out for a 22 is early 22 builds and its a gateway update that take about 15 - 30 mins. They are full of it. Send me your vin. Ill see if you actually need it or already had it through OTA.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Hey all, took my '22 tremor to the dealer for first oil change and two recalls, they also noted that something came up to do a blue cruise update, takes like 9 hours.

The service was surprised my truck already had working blue cruise, which I explained the '22s already have (something i assumed they knew?).

They said the note still comes up, and it might be an update for the '22 as well.

Have any of you taken a '22 with blue cruise to the dealer? Did you also get this update ? I haven't done it yet and I'd rather it not mess anything up - but if it updates the maps I'd like to have it.

I'm not feeling very comfortable with the dealers level of knowledge to the point that i trust this forum more than them.
Don't do it, unless you want a non-functioning BC install.....

OP
OP
Cranbery

Cranbery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
The only update out for a 22 is early 22 builds and its a gateway update that take about 15 - 30 mins. They are full of it. Send me your vin. Ill see if you actually need it or already had it through OTA.
1FTEW1E89NFA28456

That's what I figured. Let me know, thank you!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you so much!

I'm going to tell the dealer to kick rocks then. Appreciate the help.
I would suggest you avoid dealers doing updates in general. I have seen many situations that leave the person worse off than they started

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
My 21 had the BC update, and it did not take 9 hours.
Sponsored