Sponsored

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 5.0 Stage 2 Whipple
Thanks for sharing that. I did not order my truck with the BAP because I hated the grille. I chose to buy it without BAP and change everthing else over to black myself. My painted Platinum grille looks way beter that the chrome one. Ford should have sold it that way in the first place on a BAP.

Did you ever work out the front height sensors? I'm facing the same thing. I considered testing shorter arms from another vehicle, so the system would get some data.
Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Thanks for sharing that. I did not order my truck with the BAP because I hated the grille. I chose to buy it without BAP and change everthing else over to black myself. My painted Platinum grille looks way beter that the chrome one. Ford should have sold it that way in the first place on a BAP.

Did you ever work out the front height sensors? I'm facing the same thing. I considered testing shorter arms from another vehicle, so the system would get some data.
Any pics of your painted Platinum grille?

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's not the best photo, but it's the only one on my phone. We painted the upper and lower bars and wrapped the middle in matte black to match the illuminated emblem. (The tow hooks are powder coated to match my Roush Alcon brakes.)
Ford F-150 2022 Black Pack 5.0 Build 20230220_091646

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
It's not the best photo, but it's the only one on my phone. We painted the upper and lower bars and wrapped the middle in matte black to match the illuminated emblem. (The tow hooks are powder coated to match my Roush Alcon brakes.)
20230220_091646.jpg
I really like that look. Did you paint the small chrome rectangles to match as well?

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Actually, I found vinyl decals on Etsy that cover the chrome spots. I used the gloss version, but I am debating the idea of trying the matte version. I think the matte may add some more depth to the recessed area of the grille.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A

It likely would’ve been much less expensive if you bought the BAP truck and swapped the the grille and hood. Hell you might’ve even saved/made money. But I completely understand why you did it. I’m already debating swapping the hood and grille and I don’t even have my truck yet

OP
OP

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD

Yes, we just silicone the sensors in place so that they could be adjusted if I were to ever go back to stock.

As I look at my truck since purchase, I've definitely come to dislike the BAP grille very much. I even am disliking the hood because of the faux vents. I'm not swapping that the hood out, though. The madness has to end somewhere.

Just ordered Toyo Proxes ST3 in 285 40 22 that should arrive soon. Just waiting on better weather for the wheels as well.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
At the time I placed my order, there were also delays related to BAP, so that helped me make the choice. I did not like the grille and the hood was a toss up. If the dual exhaust had been part of the BAP for a 5.0 at the time, I would have gone that way for sure. Adding the dual exhaust bumper and a custom dual system was a pricey mod. Ordering without BAP got me my truck a little faster (before Ford could cancel anymore options from my order). They deleted multi-contour seats and park assist while my order was in the queue. I did not want to give them anymore time to remove options.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, we just silicone the sensors in place so that they could be adjusted if I were to ever go back to stock.

As I look at my truck since purchase, I've definitely come to dislike the BAP grille very much. I even am disliking the hood because of the faux vents. I'm not swapping that the hood out, though. The madness has to end somewhere.

Just ordered Toyo Proxes ST3 in 285 40 22 that should arrive soon. Just waiting on better weather for the wheels as well.

Madness. Agreed! I have the same disease when it comes to vehicle builds.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MJG, Did you have to shim your flip kit to correct your driveline operating angles? Do you know what your driveline angles ended up at with the flip kit? I'm currently running lowering shackles, but I think I'll end up installing a flip kit with traction bars. I think I want it just a little lower. Once the winter wheels and tires are off, I'll make a final decision. 2-3 more weeks (I hope!)

Sponsored

OP
OP

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MJG, Did you have to shim your flip kit to correct your driveline operating angles? Do you know what your driveline angles ended up at with the flip kit? I'm currently running lowering shackles, but I think I'll end up installing a flip kit with traction bars. I think I want it just a little lower. Once the winter wheels and tires are off, I'll make a final decision. 2-3 more weeks (I hope!)

I'd have to check the angles final but yes we shimmed.
Overall, rides well for being a lowered truck, I am happy with the result and it handled the winter beating no issue with the winter rubber. I think a 3/5 drop on these trucks is the perfect fit between stance and functionality.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'd have to check the angles final but yes we shimmed.
Overall, rides well for being a lowered truck, I am happy with the result and it handled the winter beating no issue with the winter rubber. I think a 3/5 drop on these trucks is the perfect fit between stance and functionality.
After looking at your posts about the install of your lowering kit, I realized something odd. You stated that your truck has ride height sensors on both sides. From everything that I have found, that indicates a truck with the CCD system. Trucks with only the self adjusting headlights, should only have sensors at the left front and left rear locations. My truck does not have CCD, but it does have self adjusting headlights. It only has sensors on the left side. Did your truck come with CCD?

Last edited:
OP
OP

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After looking at your posts about the install of your lowering kit, I realized something odd. You stated that your truck has ride height sensors on both sides. From everything that I have found, that indicates a truck with the CCD system. Trucks with only the self adjusting headlights, should only have sensors at the left front and left rear locations. My truck does not have CCD, but it does have self adjusting headlights. It only has sensors on the left side. Did your truck come with CCD?
No CCD.

Maxtrac 6" flip with the lift hangers in the rear and we noticed the sensor. Didn't know what to do then I found Ridetech had a bracket as the solution. Then once we installed, it was for only 1 side. Called Ridetech, they hadn't seen a truck with both sides. We called a Contact at Ford that said there shouldn't be two and hadn't heard of that.

Whether this was a Covid production whoopsie or just limited knowledge out there on this new body style, who knows. We ended up getting a second bracket and modifying it to work.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No CCD.

Maxtrac 6" flip with the lift hangers in the rear and we noticed the sensor. Didn't know what to do then I found Ridetech had a bracket as the solution. Then once we installed, it was for only 1 side. Called Ridetech, they hadn't seen a truck with both sides. We called a Contact at Ford that said there shouldn't be two and hadn't heard of that.

Whether this was a Covid production whoopsie or just limited knowledge out there on this new body style, who knows. We ended up getting a second bracket and modifying it to work.
Wow, that is odd. Could it be a Canadian requirement? I know you guys have some different headlight rules than we do. Maybe they need dual height sensors for something within the system. Either way, it is an odd thing. Maybe some other Canadian truck owners can confirm? Or, maybe it is just a screw up from the factory.

5.0Screw22

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been doing some research and thought I should share this with everyone viewing this thread. The SPC 25685 upper control arms are adjustable +/- 2 degrees of camber and caster and they have provisions for the factory ride height sensors on both control arms. For those who are concerend about preserving the ride height sensors in the front, this may be a good option.

Ford F-150 2022 Black Pack 5.0 Build s-l1600
Sponsored