Sponsored

Outactrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Good looking truck! I think I read somewhere that BDS is planning to make their own skid plates to work with their lifts. Not sure when they will be available.
Sponsored

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Have you checked out RSI skids? I have them on my truck. They're solid!!

My build is very similar to yours: hunting, camping, fishing, getting out there style. I've already scratched the shit out of my truck... Lol. But mine is space white. Just added some "sliders" from Rocky Road. Feeling pretty protected now (knocked my door out of whack and put a good ding in it dropping a wheel in a ditch early one morning last fall).

I've gone from retrax pro to SmartCap. Loved the day to day functionality of the tonneau w/ bed rack (bikes over the tailgate, sups, etc), but ultimately went to SmartCap for waterproofness and the ability to put more shit back there protected from the elements. Not a huge fan of the SmartCap honestly (besides it looking boss). I think a supported fiberglass shell would be just as good. Batwing doors are a must though. The locks on the SmartCap are a joke (freeze, but they did provide rubber covers) and the "air vent" on the roof leaks everytime I go through the wash. It is stout AF though, and had RTT up there and loved it. Sold that for a growing family...

Love the look of your truck. I too was after a Tremor. I'll probably go for the torsion or full on locker, but for now I've only been stuck once 😂 And it was deep, crusty snow, and I was being my 16 yr old, power sliding self!!

Scarecrow06

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Great looking truck.

If it helps with your decision on the bed cover, I have the Retrax Pro XR. Love it minus the fact that I found out the hard way it is most definitely NOT waterproof. It will surely leak/drip along the rails/slides. I love the rack mount though. Super easy to take on and off with the yakima towers and HD crossbars. So, if you want something that is sealed than go with the full cover. If you want something that is extremely functional but then also low profile and out of the way if not being used, go with the Retrax. Just my thoughts.

Now if I can only get these damn cab rattles to go away!!! HAHA. (followed every post on here on the issue and still having issues with A pillar rattle. If anyone else has had luck with dealers addressing this issue or know of a TSB let me know!)

OP
OP

savage250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 F350, 2020 Bullitt, 2020 Aviator
Thanks guys. I did talk to RCI and they told me no luck with the BDS lift, which is what BDS told me as well. I'll have to look into fabricating some brackets or a skid plate separately I suppose.

I am really on the fence about the Retrax or the SmartCap... pros/cons for each. I'll have to make a decision soon though. I'm leaning to the Retrax right now. Just hard with such a short bed...

people-call-me-chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat SCrew 4x4 short bed
I am really on the fence about the Retrax or the SmartCap... pros/cons for each. I'll have to make a decision soon though. I'm leaning to the Retrax right now. Just hard with such a short bed...
just curious if you made a decision on the cap?

Sponsored

OP
OP

savage250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey, I ended up going with the Retrax but haven't picked a rack yet. I have the T-slots so I can add one later on.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0 Coyote BAP
Beautiful truck! I am also looking at the BDS 4" lift. How are you liking it so far?

OP
OP

savage250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beautiful truck! I am also looking at the BDS 4" lift. How are you liking it so far?
The lift has been great. I still have slight rubbing on the crash bars I haven't dealt with.

Only drawback is that I haven't been able to find front skid plates that work with it. Or other skid plates either

Sponsored

jbaiii

First Name
Burton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 XLT
Hey, I picked up my truck a few weeks ago but have been busy with some changes. I've added a 4" BDS lift, Fuel Tech wheels, and 295/65/R20 BFG KO2 tires. Also added the Torsen differential in the front axle (was after a Tremor originally...). Hope to have a chance to try it out soon. Right now the truck is in for ceramic coating and Xpel. 2022 F150 Lariat, BAP, 5.0L. I was after a white or silver truck originally but I really loved the Atlas Blue (even though it will show scratches easier).

Now that I have most of the mechanical changes complete, I am trying to decide on going for the RSI SmartCap or the Retrax XR with a t-slot rack mounted above. Eventually I plan to add a winch with the swarfworks hidden winch mount as that looks pretty slick. I have ordered the Switch-Pro system to add some accessories such as lights, compressor, etc. I would like to find some skid plates that work as well but I didn't realize how difficult that would be now that I've added the BDS lift. Looks like they will require some custom fabrication.

Any other suggestions are welcomed!

I don't have anything but a few cell pictures right now, but here they are.

20230304_171444.jpg

20230304_171548.jpg

20230304_1715562.jpg
Awesome looking truck. Do you think that lift and tire size would work with factory 20s?!?