Sponsored

2021 V8 Oil Capacity

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I can talk for way too long about the horror stories that I have been told by coworkers and people who work at independent garages or dealerships. Thankfully, I have been lucky so far and the worst has been today’s adventure of going out to the Toyota for a missing skid pan bolt on a 4RUNNER; it’s only got 10K miles on it and the dealership performed the first two oil changes under their Toyota Care plan that they foist on to new car buyers. I’ve talked shit about Fordpass points but at least they let you spend the points however you like. The threaded hole on the skid plate where the missing bolt belonged wasn’t even close to lining up and the three remaining bolts were cranked down so tight that it looks like the technician just lazily tightened the first bolts all the way down and then when the last bolt didn’t have a chance to go in he just said ‘fuck it.” and tossed it in the trash or on a pile on his toolbox. After getting the missing bolt; I didn’t have too much of a problem getting them all lined up despite being on my back in the driveway. After getting my free bolt from the parts department; I thanked the service advisor and told him that half-assed work like that was why people hate going to dealerships.

I used my Fordpass points to get the supplies for my first oil change and the parts guy; who is usually on top of everything almost gave me the wrong weight oil and wrong quantity. I was ready to correct him but he caught himself before sliding the box across the counter.

Generally when filling up the oil; I’ll shoot for a little bit low and then add some later. So if it’s 7.75, I’ll measure out 7.5 and if it’s 6.6, I’ll put in 6.5 and then check. However, with the circuitous dipstick tube, I might actually get something like a graduated cylinder where I can measure out the exact portion asked for. Every time I check my oil, I wince; feeling like I’m going to snap the dipstick off in the tube.

Yes, the dipstick and dipstick tube fucking suck. I have found though that a stepstool helps to get a straighter shot fishing the dipstick down the silly straw of a dipstick tube that the dipshits at Ford gave us.
Sponsored

gagliano7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 XL STX BAP 5.0 3:73
I just had an oil change at the dealer and they were a quart shy of full. I only noticed because my dash lit up w low oil level indicator 4 days after oil change, entering the highway and getting into it to get ahead of some traffic. Pulled over asap and waited 10 mins checked it and it did not register on the dip stick. Proceeded to the nearest Ford dealer and sure enough 1 qt low. 1/2 qt brought it to the 1st hole and the rest put the level just below the full hole. Guess you cant rely on pretty much anything these days. Well except death and taxes!!
The light went on with only a quart down? i figured it would be lower than that for the light to come on.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
7.75 has gotten me dead center on the stick the last two times.

Fumoto valve and a nice creeper with a huge pan have made it a really quick and easy endeavor. Only struggle is sometimes the last a-hole to do it overtightened the oil filter…
Sponsored