First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR 5.0, 2006 Escape
Occupation
Self employed
I'm getting conflicting reports on this. I am waiting for my 2/27 ordered KR and have a blend date of 5/26.
My dealer tells me that the Ford tri-fold box cover from my 18 KR will fit my new truck but others say it won't.
Has anyone transferred their previous gen box covers?
Sponsored

My1stF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat velocity blue, 2.7 FX4 sport
I'm getting conflicting reports on this. I am waiting for my 2/27 ordered KR and have a blend date of 5/26.
My dealer tells me that the Ford tri-fold box cover from my 18 KR will fit my new truck but others say it won't.
Has anyone transferred their previous gen box covers?
I bought a used tonneau cover that was previously used on a 2018 Lariat and it fit fine on my '21. It is the Ford trifold by Rev which is a rebranded Bakflip based on my research.

OP
OP
HJL

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
I bought a used tonneau cover that was previously used on a 2018 Lariat and it fit fine on my '21. It is the Ford trifold by Rev which is a rebranded Bakflip based on my research.
Thanks for this. I'm hoping I don't need to spend the $$$ on a new one.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I can confirm a 2017 Bakflip MX4 fits my 2021 (contrary to what Bakflip told me.) It fits perfectly with no modifications needed.

mdlynch37

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Leadfoot
I can confirm a 2017 Bakflip MX4 fits my 2021 (contrary to what Bakflip told me.) It fits perfectly with no modifications needed.

I can second this. I just traded my 2019 F150 for a 2021 F150 and took my bak flip 4 off my 2019. I contacted customer service at Bak Flip and they told me my cover wouldn't work on the new truck. I wanted to see for myself, I just finished installing it about an hour ago. Fits with no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HJL

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Appreciate the feed back!
My tracker says 18 days until my new truck is delivered to the dealer, Then I need to wait for mud flaps, spray in bed liner and wheel well liners to be installed that I cancelled to get a faster delivery date. Fingers crossed there are no further delays.

OP
OP
HJL

HJL

First Name
Harv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
My tracker says 18 days until my new truck is delivered to the dealer, Then I need to wait for mud flaps, spray in bed liner and wheel well liners to be installed that I cancelled to get a faster delivery date. Fingers crossed there are no further delays.
Picked up my truck on Wednesday and the tonneau cover works fine. My first assessment of the 21?
This is not just an improvement over my 2018 its a huge improvement. It is way more planted and so much smoother riding. Its not even close.

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Etron. 2020 Explorer ST
I found a deal on a used Undercover Flex and emailed Undercover to confirm fitment. They said the size is the same but wouldn't work with power tailgate, he also included a revised part number for a model that would fit. Any of you guys have issues with your power gate using an older tonneau?

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Spray in bed liner can delay your delivery date? I'm new to Ford and so this is my first time ordering one to spec. If that's the case, it's definitely another reason to go aftermarket!
Sponsored