First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Hey Bob -- I posted this to the other Backup Assist thread yesterday. Sensor with wire harness works great on my boat trailer. Not crazy about the extended cord length. And not sure if my placement of the sensor will survive the first boat launch at the ramp. May be a one-time use only :)
Good job! I actually never had any issues with the card on my 2018 but I only used it a couple of times. I'm use to just using the tow mirrors and with the larger screen and extra camera, it should even be easier.
Sponsored

pmascari

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 2018 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
IT
I just ran into this today! I’ve been using the wired sensor on my camper and it works great! I help a buddy set up the stickers on his 2020 F150. Works great!

Today, I went to set up the stickers for my seadoo trailer and ran into the same issue...no sticker option for 2021s?. Manual says update needed. Truck says it’s fully up to date.
Anyone hear any news on this?

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I just ran into this today! I’ve been using the wired sensor on my camper and it works great! I help a buddy set up the stickers on his 2020 F150. Works great!

Today, I went to set up the stickers for my seadoo trailer and ran into the same issue...no sticker option for 2021s?. Manual says update needed. Truck says it’s fully up to date.
Anyone hear any news on this?
Like you I also installed the sensor without any issues but still on hold for the OTA update required for the stickers. I think we are all in software purgatory for now.....

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
UPDATE: Just got a call from my Ford Dealer Service Department. Ford is FINALLY acknowledging that the issue with the decal option of the Pro Trailer Backup Assist is THEIR FAULT. He told me he received a bulletin from Ford stating that there will be an over the air update to Sync4 going out in December 2021 (not sure why this is a long wait).
Ford F-150 2021 Trailer Backup Assist setup? 1624553924725

OP
OP
DFlynn68

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
UPDATE: Just got a call from my Ford Dealer Service Department. Ford is FINALLY acknowledging that the issue with the decal option of the Pro Trailer Backup Assist is THEIR FAULT. He told me he received a bulletin from Ford stating that there will be an over the air update to Sync4 going out in December 2021 (not sure why this is a long wait).
1624553924725.png
That's great news, Tommy. I appreciate you running it down. Longer than we wanted but glad to know Ford acknowledged it. My sensor got dunked at the boat ramp this spring and I haven't had a chance to get it fixed. The dealers here don't seem to know anything about the "PTBA".

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
1624553924725.png
"Our bad"

JonasBailer

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, Subaru Ascent
Has anyone actually gotten the OTA update yet? I've checked again today and still nothing. We're a bit past Q4 2021 now.
Sponsored